Chapter III

Not Just a Myth

After leaving the store, Hyesung mentally cursed Andy and thought of what he was going to tell him when he saw him at school tomorrow. He was stopped mid thought when he heard a groan of pain from the alley next to the store. Curious, he looked into the dark space. He was surprised by what he saw. He squinted and rubbed his eyes before walking deeper into the alley. After his eyes adjusted to the dark, he noticed a dark figure sitting on the ground with his back leaning against the wall. He was bleeding from cuts all over his body. Strange, he thought. He looks familiar. Another groan came from the man and then it hit him.

“Eric?”

The figure wearily opened its eyes and looked up at Hyesung.

“Oh my god! What happened?” He said, rushing to Eric’s side. Eric, being dehydrated and both physically and mentally exhausted, sighed and grinned in relief before passing out. Hyesung panicked a bit before deciding his next plan of action. He realized that Eric's house was too far from him and he didn't know his mom or dads phone number. He couldn’t take him to the hospital because he barely knows any personal information about him. He finally decided on taking him to his house.

He lifted the limp and unconscious Eric onto his back. , he’s heavy. The walk home took three times as long as it normally does, having to carry a whole other person on his back up hill. When he finally got to his house, his mom gasped.

“Is that Eric? What happened?”

“Yeah. I don’t know what happened, I just found him like this. I didn’t know where else to take him.”

He struggled to carry him upstairs to his room. What does he eat, bricks? He thought, collapsing on the floor with exhaustion after tossing Eric down on his bed.

“Do you need anything for him, Pilkyo? He looks like he needs some bandaging up.”

The bandages. What the ? He had just bought a bunch of them, and then this happens. What a coincidence. Or was it?

“Pilkyo?” His mom snapped him out of his thoughts.

“Uh… I just need a bowl of water and a rag.”

“I’ll be back.”

He sighed and looked at the body on his bed. Now that he was in a good light, he could see how bad it actually was.

“Holy , Eric Mun. What did you get yourself into?” His jacket was torn up and had some buttons ripped off of it. He only had one shoe on, and the foot that didn’t have a shoe was covered in blood. He was examining every injury and tear in Eric’s uniform when his mom came back in.

“You should probably take his clothes off first.” She said, putting the bowl of water on the table in his room. “I’ll leave first. Call me if you need anything else.”

“Yeah.” He said, still looking at him. He started to take off his uniform when he suddenly became really uncomfortable. What the hell. He thought. We’re both boys, this isn’t weird. It’s something friends do.

Friends. He frowned. Was Eric Mun considered his friend? They had gone to school together since the second grade, and were friends for all of middle school. They had played together during and after school and were practically unseperable. But now they were on bad terms because of how Eric started to live his life. Hyesung never knew what made him suddenly change into a rebellious kid, but he figured that if Eric wanted him to know, he would have told him.

His train of thought stopped when the body he was hovering over groaned again and shifted a bit. He looked at his sleeping face. He was kind of cute. Hyesung smiled, but quickly frowned again. Oh my god, just make him stop bleeding. He thought to himself, and began to take off his clothes again. Soon he was down to just his boxers, and Hyesung was blushing terribly. You need to stop getting so worked up, idiot. Hyesung mentally cursed himself, and grabbed the bowl of water and the rag and started to clean up Eric’s wounds. After thoroughly wiping away the blood and dirt from his body, he started to bandage his wounds. He was finally done a half hour later.

Still exhausted from carrying him here and cleaning him up, Hyesung went to go take a shower. That’s when he realized how terrible he looked. He was covered in dirt and blood from Eric. Ugh. He thought with a disgusted face. He quickly took a shower and went back to his room. Eric was still asleep. Loach. Why won’t he wake up. He thought and got out a change of clothes for him when he does wake up. He looked at the time and saw it was almost 11 pm. Looks like I’m sleeping on the floor tonight. Hyesung pulled out a comforter and pillow from his closet and set it up on the floor. He took one last glance at Eric and sighed before he turned off his light, then went to sleep.

- - -

In the morning, Eric woke up sore and barely managed to sit up. He hazily looked around the room, trying to figure out where he was. The room was vaguely familiar, he had definitely been there before. He decided to get out of bed when he felt the urgent need to drink water . On the way to the door, he tripped over sleeping Hyesung. Well, he wasn't asleep anymore. He groaned and pulled the covers over his head. Fully awake because of the fall, he realized where he was. He remembered what happened yesterday. Well, when Hyesung found him at least. He was so tired he fainted as soon as he saw Hyesung. But how did he get here? He looked around the room again. He saw his clothes folded and put on the desk, all cut up. He saw a bowl of water that was blood red, and a blood stained towel next to it. In the garbage bin there were dozens of bandage wrappers. He looked down at his body, noticing every cut tended for. He stared in awe at Hyesung. He had done all this for him, the person he hated the most.

"What are you staring at?" Hyesung was awake and had sat up. "Why are you on the floor?"

"What happened to me yesterday?"

"I don't know, I only found you like this."

"Oh."

They sat without saying anything, just the sound of the clock ticking as the seconds passed. Then, Hyesung's mom yelled for them to come down for breakfast. 

"Well," Eric cleared his throat. "Thanks... for this."

"Yeah."

"I'll... see you at school?" He stood up, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Aren't you going to stay for breakfast?" Hyesung said, looking up at him, confused. Eric stared at him, taken aback by the question.

"Is... Is that alright?"

"If it wasn't alright, I wouldn't have asked you." He chuckled and stood up. Eric smiled a bit.

Hyesung was about to get dressed for school when he realized Eric was still in the room.

"I'm going to... Um... change in the bathroom." He said flustered and left the room. After he was gone, a wide grin grew on Eric's face. He had missed Hyesung, and this was a good chance to become friends with him again. Truthfully, he was the only reason why he had agreed to being the leader of the group. But why was he suddenly so nice to him again? He had even called him a bastard yesterday. Hyesung's mom called for them again, so he went over to put on his uniform as well. He stopped when he realized that he couldn't wear it to school, it was too cut up and there was blood and dirt everywhere. What happened yesterday? Hyesung walked into the room.

"Why aren't you dressed? We have to go eat soon or we'll be late."

"Uh... My uniform..." He lifted it up and showed Hyesung.

"Oh. That's right." Hyesung said. He crossed over to his dresser and pulled out some pants and a shirt. "I have an extra one. There isn't a jacket, but that part shouldn't bother you, right?"

Eric shook his head and took the uniform from Hyesung. 

"I'll be downstairs." He said, then left the room. Eric changed into the uniform and looked at himself in the mirror. It was a little small, but it still looked good in it. In fact, he looked better in it than he did in his regular baggy uniform. I should get a smaller size next time. He thought to himself and left the room. He walked down the stairs and all the memories came back from the middle school days when they were best friends. He got to the dining room and Hyesung's mom came up and hugged him.

"Eric! I haven't seen you in so long!" She said after pulling away. "Oh! Look at you! You've grown up to be a handsome young man."

"Thanks, Mrs. Jung." He smiled at her. He missed her, too. He was a better mom to him than his mom ever was.

"Come." She said, pulling him to the table. "Eat."

He obeyed and sat down. Across the table was Hyesung smirking at him.

"What?" Eric asked, a bit annoyed.

"Nothing." Hyesung said, and looked down at his food. Damn, he looks good in my uniform, he thought and felt his face get a bit hot.

"So Eric," Mrs. Jung started. "What has happened in the past few years?"

Eric looked at the table a bit solemnly but forced a smile and looked at her. 

"Nothing really. Just high school stuff."

"How are your parents."

"They're..." He hesitated. Should he tell the truth? He decided not to make her worried about him. "They're fine."

"Well tell them I say hi." 

Hyesung noticed how uncomfortable Eric was getting and decided to cut his mom off before she questioned him more.

"Eric, we better get going. We might be late." Hyesung stood up and gestured to the door

"Yeah." Eric said, standing up. He pushed in his chair and bowed toward Mrs. Jung. "Thanks for the food. It was delicious."

"Of course." She said, starting to clear the table. "Come by anytime."

After that, Hyesung and Eric left. 

"So..." Hyesung said after they had been walking for a while. "What happened?"

"I already told you, I don't remember."

"No not yesterday. I meant at the end of middle school."

"Oh..." Eric looked down, a bit upset.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I won't force it out."

"No... I want to tell you." He continued to look at the ground. Hyesung looked up at him.

"My dad died."

- - -

(A/N wow ricsung wow great yes ricsung for life but what happened how did dad die what come next next chapter soonish hopefully thank for read please comment you are cute insert picture of hand heart here bye)