Chapter I

Not Just a Myth

Dongwan woke up with an uncomfortable shiver. He abruptly sat  up and looked around the room. It was the third time this week it had happened. He got out of bed and put on his glasses to look at the time.

"Crap!" He said, realizing he had overslept and only had half an hour to get ready and get to school before the gates would close. He hurried to put on his clothes, tripping a bit on his pants. He ran downstairs and grabbed the lunch his mom had left on the table and yelled "thanks" before he ran out the door. He looked at his watch. He only had 20 minutes left to get to school when it normally took around 30 to 35 minutes. He hoped for some kind of miracle and picked up his pace.

When he got to the school, the gate was right about to close. Arriving around the same time as him were four others coming from different directions, also out of breath from running. 

"That was a close one." The tallest one said, once they got to the other side of the gate and were able to react, not as out of breath as the four. His name was Junjin, and he was the schools star high jumper. He was notorious in the country for being one of the top atheletes. Dongwan had never actually met him before, so it was a moment that seemed unreal.

"Yeah it was." Minwoo, a guy in Dongwan's class said. He was the schools best dancer. Even though they were in the same class, they had never really talked before. Hyesung, who was also in their class, nodded in agreement. He was part of the schools vocal ensemble and was rumored to have the voice of an angel. Rumored because despite the fact he is in the vocal ensemble, very few people have ever heard him sing. The other one with them remained uncomfortable and quiet along with Dongwan, the nerd, as people liked to call him. He had never seen him before, but he was rather cute.

They were taken by surprise when they heard the guard yelling.

"Hey! Get down from there!"

They turned around to see a person had climbed the chain linked fence around the school and jumped over the top.

"Quit yelling. You know what I could do to you." He said to the guard after he recovered from the jump. The guard backed off seeing who it was.

It was Eric Mun, the school's gang leader. He is a force not to be reckoned with. His gang is the toughest in the area, and everyone knows their place around him, even the teachers. He walked by them, all of them not wanting to make eye contact. He noticed the group and our fear and chuckled a bit. He continued walking by. After he left, everyone sighed in relief.

Everyone felt awkward, considering the fact they had never been around each other like this. The bell rang and they were able to use it as an excuse to leave.

"!" Minwoo yelled, running to the door. Everyone followed behind and split up. Junjin went to class 10-2 and that other kid to class 9-1 Hyesung, Minwoo, and Dongwan went to their classroom, 11- 1, where people gave them weird looks as they ran in together. To make them even more confused, Eric waltzed in behind them. 

"Move." He said with the coldest voice possible. They quickly apologized and went to their respective seats.

After sitting, their teacher Mrs. Lee came in.

"Okay kids, I have an announcement to make." She said after making the kids calm down. "We have two new transfer students today. Please welcome them."

Upon seeing the new students, Eric, Minwoo, Hyesung, and Dongwan all felt the same shiver Dongwan had felt this morning when he woke up.

"Please introduce yourselves to your new classmates." Even the teacher looked a bit uncomfortable.

"Nice to meet you." The brown haired one said with a nice smile. "My name is Hakyeon."

"My name is Taekwoon." The one with black hair was barely able to get out. The class clapped for them and Mrs. Lee assigned them to their seats. Taekwoon sat in the far back corner next to a kid named Tony. Hakyeon sat next to Eric.

"Hello." Hakyeon said to Eric. He made a "tch" sound with his tounge when Eric didn't respond. The class proceeded with the lecture and the dancer, vocalist, Dongwan, and Eric felt extremely uncomfortable vibes coming from the new students.

When class ended, Mrs. Lee left the class in a hurry. Soon after, a voice came over the speaker. "Mun Eric, Lee Minwoo, Kim Dongwan, Shin Hyesung, Park Junjin, and Lee Andy. Please come to the first floor conference room."

"Is it because we were late this morning?" Minwoo groaned. They stood up and walked down to the conference room together. When they got there, Junjin and that other kid from this morning had arrived already, as well as Mrs. Lee.

"Please take a seat." She said, pointing to the chairs around the table.

After being seated, they sat in silence for a couple of seconds.

"So... why are we here?" Junjin asked finally.

"Today there are new transfer students. Minwoo, Hyesung, Dongwan and Eric have already met them." she said.

"What about them?" Minwoo said.

"I need your help."

"Do we need to like, show them around, or something?" Hyesung questioned.

"No, nothing like that."

"Then what is it?" Eric asked, getting impatient with how slow the conversation was moving.

"This is probably going to sound like a really bad joke, but I promise you, it is anything but." Mrs. Lee said.

Six pairs of eyes looked expectantly at Mrs. Lee for what she was about to say.

"You six are all reincarnates of Greek Gods."

The conference room was quiet until Junjin and Minwoo started laughing hysterically.

"You were right, Mrs. Lee." Minwoo said between laughs. "That is a bad joke."

"I'm not joking."

The room became quiet again.

"Cool." Dongwan said. "Who are we?"

Four people looked at him in disbelief. Andy continued to stare down at the table, silently agreeing with Dongwan.

"You actually believe this ?" Eric asked.

"Yeah." Dongwan said. "There are many studies that show evidence of reincarnation."

"Dongwan's right for believing it." Mrs. Lee said. "I didn't believe it at first either, but now here I am, telling you guys that you are, too."

"Too?" Hyesung changed his gaze to Mrs Lee. "Are you a reincarnation of a Greek God?"

"Yes. I am a reincarnation of Hermes, the messenger of the Gods, which is exactly why I am the one telling you."

"Okay..." Minwoo said. "So who are we?"

"Minwoo, you are Apollo, the god of the Sun, Music, and Creativity."

Hyesung shot Minwoo a jealous glance after hearing the music part.

"Junjin. You are Ares, the god of war."

"Daebak!" Junjin said. 

"Dongwan, you are Athena, the god of wisdom and war."

"War? Him?" Minwoo asked in disbelief "I get the wisdom part, but why war?"

"He's stronger than he looks." Mrs Lee said.

"How would you know." Eric asked. "Do you spy on him or something."

"Yes, actually. I have been spying on all of you." Mrs. Lee said and Eric sat back in his seat, concerned about what she has and hasn't seen them do.

"Anyways, continue. I want to know mine." Hyesung said, looking as Mrs Lee expectantly.

"Hyesung, you are Poseidon, god of the oceans and seas."

"Tch. Boring." Hyesung sat back in his seat with a pout.

"Andy," Mrs. Lee started.

"Who?" Minwoo interupted.

"Andy." She pointed to Andy who was sitting at the end of the table away from everyone else. 

"Oh." Minwoo said.

"You are Aphrodite, goddess, or in your case god, of love."

Andy blushed a bit and looked at the table.

"Cute." Junjin chuckled. Andy made eye contact with him and became an even dark shade of scarlet, then looked back at the table.

"And finally, Eric." Mrs Lee said. "You are Zeus, the god of Lightning and the Heavens, therefore making you the leader."

The rest, excluding the still blushing Andy, groaned in disappointment.

"What?" Eric said, standing up and glaring at the rest of them.

"Now we are going to look like hoodlums if we follow him around." Hyesung complained.

Eric, seemingly taken aback by someone complaining about him for the first time, sat back down in his chair, staring at Hyesung. Not a cold stare, but a stare of curiosity. Hyesung gave a cold stare back.

"So why do you need our help with Hakyeon and Taekwoon?" Dongwan said breaking the silence.

"Yes. The reason you are here." Mrs Lee said. The others, once again excluding Andy, STILL blushing, sat up in their chairs to listen. "They are also reincarnates of  Greek Gods. Well, one of them at least. Hakyeon is the reincarnate of Hades, god of the underworld, while Taekwoon is the reincarnate of Cerberus, the guard to the gates of the underworld."

"So they are evil people." Junjin said.

"That's what I need your help with. To see if they are actually evil or not." Mrs Lee nodded

"What do we do if they are evil?" Dongwan asked.

"You kill them." Mrs Lee said.

- - -

"Well that was interesting." Hyesung said once they were outside of the conference room.

"I'll say." Minwoo responded.

"Looks like we are going to have to get to know each other better. Let's have lunch together today, okay?" Junjin asked.

"I'm down with that." Minwoo said.

"Me, too." Dongwan and Hyesung said. Andy nodded, and then they all looked at Eric.

"No." He said coldly, then walked away.

"Bastard." Hyesung said loud enough for Eric to hear. He stopped in his tracks and turned around. He stared at Hyesung for a second, then started to walk back.

"." Minwoo said, feeling uncomfortable. "You probably shouldn't have said that."

"I can say it if I want." Hyesung retorted. "It's not like he owns the place."

Eric reached them and continued to have a stare-down with Hyesung.

"Fine. I'll go." Eric said. "But only because I have nothing else to do." He turned around and walked away again. The group looked back and forth between Hyesung and Eric in disbelief.

"I hate him." Hyesung said with a huff. "So I'll see you to at lunch, right?" He said to Andy and Junjin. They didn't respond, just stare at him.

"What?" He asked.

"You called Eric a bastard." Minwoo said

"Yeah?" Hyesung said

"And he didn't attack you or get mad afterwards." Dongwan said

"What are you guys trying to say?" Hyesung asked, confused.

"So no one has ever done that!" Junjin said with wide eyes.

"Hyung, daebak." Andy finally spoke. The rest of the group were now looking at him in disbelief. After realizing he did, he became flustered, blushed hard, then ran to his classroom.

"What a cute guy." Junjin said, smiling.

"You even made Andy talk!" Minwoo said, still in disbelief. "What are you, a god?"

"Yes, apparently." Hyesung said with a chuckle.

"We should get back to class." Dongwan said. "We missed second period, and it's almost time for third period."

"You're right." Minwoo said, looking at his watch. "We'll see you at lunch, Junjin."

"Yeah. Later, hyungs!" He said with a smile and ran back to his class.

 The other three waved and walked back to their class.

- - -

(A/N I got bored so I decided to start writing this. Omg it took like 4 hours. I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave comments~)