E L E V E N

Sakura Falling

Soojung gasped when she saw Jongin lean closer towards a short and skinny girl with long, black hair and eyes without any depth.

He smirked in the same seductive way he always did when he was about to lean in for a deep kiss. Soojung waited for the kiss to happen. She was ready to break out in tears. But the kiss never happened. Instead, Jongin leaned backwards again and looked away from the girl.

“Why are you like this?” the girl said in a voice which made Soojung’s ears bleed. “She’s never coming back”

Soojung knew that the girl was referring to her.

Jongin simply shrugged. He walked away again, in the same direction he had come from. Soojung hid herself as much as she could and held her breath as Jongin passed by.

She counted his steps. One, two, three, four, five. Then they stopped abruptly. Jongin stood on the same spot for a while and looked around. It took a while before he turned around.

Soojung knew that he saw her. She saw him. But they both were just standing there, scanning each other from tip to toe to make sure that they really had seen the right thing.

“I knew that I could smell your perfume in the classroom today. But Sehun said it was a hallucination. He must’ve known that you were here” Jongin smirked. “But now, I see you clearly. It really is you”

Jongin walked towards Soojung. He removed the dark locks away from Soojung’s face. Soojung smiled. She didn’t know what to say or what to do.

Instead, he let Jongin take her in his arms. She didn’t place her arms around him. One single tear fell down on her cheek.

“What are you doing here?” Jongin kissed Soojung’s head.

“Autumn break. I’ll celebrate my birthday here. Sooyeon is here as well” Soojung smelled on Jongin’s white uniform-shirt.

“That’s great” Jongin nodded. “I’ve missed you”

Soojung smiled. Even if this was just for a short time, she was happy to be with Jongin again.

~*~*~

The weekend came really fast and on the Saturday were Sooyeon, Soojung, Yuri, Sehun, Jinri and Jongin collected at Jinri’s house to celebrate Soojung’s birthday.

During that week, Soojung and Jongin had been hanging out as friends. None of them dared to take it one step longer since they knew that they would be parted soon again. Even though they both wanted more, they just couldn’t get this one.

Everyone had taken turns on giving Soojung gifts; Sehun had given her a book about cooking (since Soojung can’t cook to save her life), Jinri had given her a bracelet with a butterfly-pendant in silver and Yuri had given her a mint-green t-shirt.

Jongin looked at Sooyeon, who nodded gently. “You first” the older sister said.

“Okay… I haven’t prepared anything special for you. But firstly; I’m really happy to see you again. It’s been very lonely without you. And trying to move on from you is probably the hardest thing I’ve ever done.” Jongin smirked and took up a dark-blue box from his jeans. He opened the box and took out a necklace.

He hung the necklace around Soojung’s neck and kissed her lips lightly. The necklace reached down to her s and she took a look at it. The pendants were two letters; an S and a J.

“So you never will forget me and how much I love you” Jongin smirked.   

Soojung hugged Jongin. “I love you” she whispered in his ear, so only he could be able to hear that.

Sooyeon smiled at the couple and stood up. “Okay, you will be in shock when you hear this. I’ve bought something I can’t wrap into a gift like this. But I’ve seen how you have been trying to move on from Jongin and it’s painful for me to see all that. Since you’re putting up an act in front of me, I hate it. So I’ve talked to mum and dad, they said yes. And I have now bought an apartment for the two of us here in Korea!”

Soojung’s eyes widened and went wide open. All applauds and cheers were so far away from her. It took a while for her to take in what her sister had said. Move back to Korea?

“Are you being serious?” Soojung smiled.

Sooyeon nodded proudly. “If you want that, off course”

Soojung stood up to embrace her older sister. “I would love that”

~*~*~

Soojung walked in the autumn-sun in the neighbor-hood she always had been living in. Another family, with two kids and a dog, were now living in the house she used to live in. She smiled at them, she knew that they would treat the house well.

The sakura-tree was without any blossoms. But it wouldn’t take long time until spring once again would come and the sakura-blossoms would bloom.

“I knew you were here” a familiar voice said. Soojung turned around and smiled.

“It feels weird.” She said and looked up at the tree. It had so many memories between her and Jongin.

“Are you happy?” Jongin asked.

Soojung nodded and took Jongin’s hand. “I’m truly happy”

Jongin hugged her. They looked into each other’s eyes. Soon their lips met and they both leaned in for a long and passionate kiss.

“I love you, right now and until the end of time” Jongin smiled.

Soojung blushed, her eyes became teary. “I love you too”

~*~*~

Maybe; Soojung and Jongin still are going to the sakura-tree to tell their kids about the story on how they parted and got together again.

And how the falling sakura is magical.