` ♫┊Protect Me, Comfort Me, Be There For Me

` ❀ ┊〔 sesshicandyoneshots 〕*

 

♫┊ chaptertwo,
 protectmecomfortmebethereforme

 

IU stared at the Intensive Care Unit, staring at the man she loved, lying on the bed, lifeless.

“Eotokkaji?” She said softly, putting her hand on the glass that separates her and the man.

“Wae… Kibummie?” She said softly, looking down, letting tears roll down her petite face.

Jinyoung just stared, not knowing what to do.

“If she cries, hug her, than wipe her tears away. She likes that somehow.” Kibum’s voice said in his head.

Jinyoung just pulled her into a hug.

When IU got pulled into a hug, she was shocked, and didn’t respond. Who was this? She looked up.

Jinyoung.

The guy she fell for while she was together with Kibum. That foixe face and sweet and caring personality she saw during all the trips she went with her best friend, Dara. And classmate, Eunhyuk, and Eunhyuk’s best friend, Jinyoung. Yes, Jinyoung.

*Flashback*

“Are you sure you don’t wanna come to the hot springs, JiEunnie?” Eunhyuk said, pulling out his change of clothes with Jinyoung.

“Yupp! You guys go have fun~” IU said, waving cutely before going back into her tent.

“Wait! We forgot the guns.” Jinyoung stopped.

IU came out and passed the guns to them. “Be careful okay?”

Jinyoung took the guns gratefully and walked off with Eunhyuk.

“Where’s Dara…” IU wondered while she started reading her book.

Behind the bush that was behind the tent… was a hiding ert, waiting for the girl to be alone.

“Good… She’s alone…” He snickered before going out to approach her.

IU looked up when she heard the rustling sound of the bush. “I’m going to hate whoever found this place…” She said, going out of the tent to see the man walking towards her.

Who…Who are you?” She said, walking backwards, wishing she brought a gun with her.

While that was happening, Eunhyuk was running around in the forest.

“… Eunhyuk? Seriously?” Jinyoung said.

Back at IU’s side, the man snickered. “Now that you are alone, pretty girl, I can have you all to myself…”

IU was shocked. “I’m so gonna hate you for life…” She said, backing up, and hitting a tree. “.” She cursed.

The man lunged towards her and pinned her arms against the tree, kissing her neck violently.

IU squirmed. “Stop it! AHHH! OPPA! HELP!” She screamed.

The man slapped her with the other hand. “STOP MOVING”

IU stopped squirming, silently crying.

Eunhyuk started putting on his clothes and heard a scream. “Hey Hyung, did you hear that?”

Jinyoung looked up, hearing a scream too. “It sounded like IU! Let’s go back.”

IU squirmed more, screaming. “LET GO!” she screamed, before kicking the man in the stomach. The man got up, clutching his stomach. “You’re gonna pay for this.” He spat, before running away.

IU fell onto the ground, crying. Not noticing Eunhyuk and Jinyoung’s arrival.

Eunhyuk saw the state IU was in. “JIEUN!” He exclaimed, running towards her.

Jinyoung immediately took out his gun and shot the man’s legs, making the man fall onto the ground, unconsious.

Eunhyuk picked IU up and supported her. “What happened?”

“He..He just…” IU stammered, before breaking down again.

Jinyoung ran up to IU. “Are you okay?”

IU cried harder. Wishing KiBum was here to protect her.

Jinyoung pulled IU into a hug “It’s alright now. Everything’s okay.” 

“You’re not so you weren’t …” Eunhyuk said.

“If…If I didn’t kick him… he would’ve…” IU said softly.

“Next time, kick his family jewels.” Eunhyuk reminded.

“It’s alright now, okay? Kibum may not be here, but I’m here to protect you~” Jinyoung said.

IU nodded. Forcing a smile.

*End of Flashback*

Jinyoung has protected her for so long when KiBum wasn’t around. When she decided to break up with KiBum, he immediately ran away, dashing across the road, and not noticing the oncoming bus, thus ended up like this.

“I’m sorry… I… can’t do this.” IU said, pushing herself away from Jinyoung and attempted to run.

Jinyoung grabbed her arm.

“What?” IU said, tears still running down her face. “

Please…stay.” Jinyoung started.

“And why should I do that?”

“Because…umm… I like you for quite some time now… and I really really like you and I want to protect you, and take care of you, comfort you. KiBum told me he knew you liked me too…”

“Me? Like you?” IU scoffed before jerking away her arm. “Over my dead body.” She said, walking away.

Jinyoung fell to his knees while IU was walking away, tears pouring down.

“Mianhae… Jinyoung-sshi” T

he next day, IU woke up to her phone beeping, signalling a call.

Hospital.

She picked up.

“Yeobusayo?”

“Miss Lee? It’s about Mr Kim…” The nurse on the other side said.

Wh…what about him?”

“His… heart suddenly stopped… I’m afraid he passed on. Miss Lee. I’m so sorry.”

IU dropped her phone, not believing the nurse. “No.. NO!” She screamed, running out of the house with her phone and keys, and rushed to the hospital.

Once she arrived, the doctors rushed a body to the morgue.

Jinyoung stood there, watching the doctors rush.

“Is that… Kibum?” IU asked softly.

Jinyoung just nodded.

IU broke down in the middle of the hallway.

“mianhae… mianhae…” She muttered.

Jinyoung went up to her and hugged her tightly.

“I’ll be here for you to protect you, comfort you, and be there for you; only death can separate us… IU…” He said, kissing the top of IU’s head.

“Gomawo…” She said, “I’ve actually liked you for quite long, that’s why I broke up with Kibum… and that’s why he…”

“I understand… saranghaeyo… IU-sshi.”

“Saranghae, Jinyoung-sshi.” IU said, hugging Jinyoung.