final

seven days

Day 3 - Thursday

Today, he goes downstairs and apologize for what he did. He sits on a stool, and waits for a waiter to come and get his order. His eyes roam around the room, hoping of finding a lady-like figure similar to the 'female dog' (as what she addressed herself).

Coincidentally, it was Seohyun who appeared. She was looking down while going to his table, the time she looked up did she realize that it was the customer who angered her last night. She grabbed her mini-notepad  in her apron’s pocket and her ballpen as she was about to write his order.

“What do you want?”, she makes herslef appear cold in any way she can.

She chose not to look at him. On the other hand, Kyuhyun is enjoying this very much. But first, he just wants to—

“Apologize.”

Seohyun looks at him and raises a lone eyebrow. Before she could protest, Kyuhyun continued.

“I’ll apologize. It isn’t you whom I called a last last night. And well, I didn’t saw you yesterday. They said you went to some place, that’s why I never got the chance to.. you know.”

“What’s your point?”

“Uh, let us start all over again. Let’s have a pretty decent introduction. The first one seems to be a crap. Don’t you think?”

“What’s the point? You’ll leave anyway.”

Kyuhyun , despite being the jerk he was and always loves to prank his hyungs, but he somehow relates to what the girl says. He tries to lower down the serious atmosphere between them. He jokes.

“Leave? I leave my hyungs to clean the mess I have done. Is that what you mean?”

The now irritated Seohyun looks at her left and rolls her eyes. She places both of her hands to her waist.

“How old are you?”

Kyuhyun just knew she’s interested at him. Who could blame him having good-looks and having a charismatic aura, right? Just then, a smirk was plastered at his face, and then he continues.

“25. Why?”

“Please, act your age, mister.”

Then, she left.

oh the guts that girl has.

 

Day 4 – Friday

Kyuhyun asks the old looking woman wearing a long, casual gown who is seating at a bench outside the motel and crocheting.

“Where’s Seohyun?”

The old woman shot her head up and answered straightly, “She’s at the attic.”

“Where is it located?”

The grandma looks quite irritated, but sill chose to answer his question. She doesn't mind, having a customer asking such questions.

“At the third floor.”

Kyuhyun nodded thankfully, and then left her sight.

 

As he was about to open the door at the attic, he hears a melody, finding it’s way in his ears. He listens for a while. And then he recognizes the instrument being played.

“Piano?”

Without hesitating, he opens the door. A girl abruptly stood up, stiff and utterly surprised.

“Oh sorry.”, Kyuhyun bowed before her after seeing her as if she has seen a ghost.

“What the, didn’t you learnt to knock—“

“You like piano too? “, Kyuhyun tries to change the topic.

Seohyun shot him a sullen glance, “Isn’t it obvious?”

Needless to say, he fails miserably.

“I hear you playing the piece ‘kiss the rain? Am i right?”, he approaches her and stands beside. His hands buried on his side pockets.

“Yes.”, she turns away and continues playing the piano again.

“May I?”

Seohyun motions for him to sit beside her.

 

He and her spends the whole day, playing different piano pieces time by time.

Seohyun talks about her life, Kyuhyun talks about his hobbies, (Piano, Starcraft, and playing pranks).

They take turns on playing the piano. They didn’t keep their track on time, but it was worth it. At least for him.

 

Kyuhyun—on that very moment— just felt he found his other half.

Seohyun, too. 

But Seohyun just brushes off of herself the unwanted feelings.

 

Day 5 - Saturday

The same thing happened just like yesterday, they played various piano pieces, and this time, they got more intimate.

 

“Funny how we bickered ever since I came here. And now, look at us.”

“Yeah.”, she chuckled. She stopped playing and then, turned to him. “I look kinda unapproachable at first, right?”

Kyuhyun thinks, then says, “Yes, but somehow, you manage to look.. “

Seohyun playfully nudges him, “Look what, huh?”

“Ugly.”

Seohyun punches him lightly by the arm, “YAH! But, seriously. What do you think?”

Kyuhyun stopped playing, shutting the piano’s cover close, “..pure”

She pouted, “That’s it?”

“And—“

He leans close to her, their faces are only inches apart.Seohyun winces a bit, but still managed to put on a straight face. She felt her warm breath brushing against her flushed cheeks. Her heart thumped crazily, she felt numb by the seconds passing.

Kyuhyun leans closer and says,

“—amiable.”

Seohyun closed her eyes.

He seals her with a kiss.

 

And in that moment, they felt around them that sparks just flew.

Kyuhyun didn't actually understand why he did that. 

On the other hand, Seohyun felt it's so wrong, so contrary to what Kyuhyun's feeling right now.

 

 

Day 6 - Sunday

“Seohyun!”

Seohyun sees a manly figure running to her direction, she looks down and continues to sweep.

“Heeeeeey.”, Kyuhyun taps her by the shoulder. Seohyun turns to him and smiled.

Kyuhyun smiled back. “Mind going out with me today?”

She was flustered, him—being a blunt talker and such. For a moment, she lets go of the broom and asked him.

“Aren’t you going home? Are you gonna stay here for the rest of your life?”

“Why? You want me to stay here forever?”, he jokes.

The girl just snorts and shrugs at his statement. She then reaches for her broom and continued sweeping.

Kyuhyun asks again, “So...is it a yes?”

Seohyun looks irritated, but Kyuhyun seems completely oblivious. She responses, “Can it wait until tomorrow?”

“Of course, of course!”, Kyuhyun left her and attempted to plant a peck on her cheek but Seohyun backed away.

 

Day 7 - Monday

"Seo!"

"H-hey.", Seohyun faintly raises her hand upon seeing Kyuhyun, smiling cheekily.

"Let's—"

Kyuhyun immediately stopped on his trance. He sees Seohyun, intertwining her fingers to an unknown man beside her. The person who is now beside Seohyun stared at him. Then, he nudges Seohyun, asking her if they knew each other.

"Oh. Kyuhyun-ssi. I want you to meet—", she gulped. "—my boyfriend, Yonghwa."

 

Kyuhyun forced a smile, a mixture of feelings was felt by him on that very moment. He felt his heart sunk upon hearing the word 'boyfriend'. Boyfriend? How? He didn't want to ask her, who is he to ask anyway?

 

To her, he's just an acquaintance.

To him, she's more than that.

 

"Ah. Hello.", Kyuhyun marches up to Yonghwa and shook hands.

Sometimes, he's so slow at picking up things, people is saying to him. 

 

"She isn't here, she went somewhere."

"She went to her boyfriend."

Aren’t you going home? Are you gonna stay here for the rest of your life?”

"She wanted me to leave."

 

Now, he just wanted to slap himself for doing those things to Seohyun,without picking up the signs she has already left for him to understand. He loved Seohyun, and he believes that she loved him too at some point.

 

He feels dumb and completely numb. He didn't cry knowing that she already had a boyfriend. 

He thinks that crying shows you're a weak person.

 


 

Weeks passed, he already went back to their house. And an invitation came up, 

 

"Jung Yonghwa and Seo Joohyun's Wedding"

 

He's here, at her wedding day. He sees her walking down the aisle. She glances at Kyuhyun and grins. She walks ever-flawlessly, the beauty she possess are blinding him completely. He tries his best to endure the tears threatening to fall until the ceremony's finally finshed.

He's chosen as the best man, but he chose not to. 

He preferred to be simple, sitting at a white stool, and is served to play the piano on her wedding day. 

A mixture of feelings exploded to himself, happiness because she is now marrying the man he truly loves. Bitterness, because he loved her. Unfortunately, she didn't chose to return the feelings. 

 

 

It was worth it, he forced himself to believe that he was over it. But deep inside, there's always a part of him that is still longing for her. He just wanted to be with her again. 
 
Most of all, to play piano with her again. Just like the good ol' days.
 
 
 
 
 
 

that's some whooping oneshot! i do hope all of you enjoyed it.

(c) rainicorn