first

seven days

word count - 2,778 (i divided it into two parts.)

 


He remembers the day he first met her, it was rough. But getting to know each other in just a matter of seven days, it was worth it.

 

Day 1 - Tuesday

A bright, sunny day was evident on the windows. Winds brushing against the trees, the leaves are falling along with the flowers swaying back and forth. Sunbeams are peeking on the holes of the fixed blinds. Playing the piano as usual, Kyuhyun felt peaceful as he pressed each keys. He closed his eyes as if he’s playing in front of a crowd. That is, until he heard a familiar voice shouting at him (somehow, annoying) and says that he was being called out to go downstairs and have the ‘talk’.

He rolled his eyes and continued, as if he didn’t hear something.

Well, the ‘talk’ he’s talking about is either his parents, telling him to socialize with his neighbours –namely, Sungmin, Donghae, Heechul and the other one whom kind of resembles to an anchovy. (he forgot the name)—or nag at him again for his ‘stupid’ dream. (as what his parents always say)

Kyuhyun groaned upon hearing the voice again. He shouted, “Not again!”, he buried his face under the pillow.

 

“They said they’ll gonna go there and pull you all the way here!”

 

“Alright, alright!”, Kyuhyun shouted back, feeling defeated.

 

When he went downstairs, he sat on the unoccupied couch, sat there and snorted. His mother started.

“Kyuhyun, you know how much we love you, right?”, her mother says in a doting voice, and is now showing a fake smile, only to make her son (hopefully) change his mind.

 

He remembered in his childhood where he used to tell his parents that when he’ll be a ‘big man’, he want to become a doctor. Of course, as what all asian parents have hoped for.His parents are overjoyed, hearing those words coming out of a five year old’s mouth. And so began that day, they believed he is really meant for the medical field. He always thought, “who would believe in a five year old's blabbering? that’s just ing stupid.” They always tried to give him medical-related toys, everything related to treating a patient. Truth to be told, Kyuhyun loved playing those types of toys, until his parents decided to give him another—

 

—a piano.

 

and that’s when things got muddled up.

 

Remembering all of it, he spoke,

“Yes.”, was all he says.

The parents only looked at each other, already worried about the future of their son. His father diverted his gaze onto his son, (now laid his feet on the table and pouting to himself, her sister just sighs) and started,

Kyuhyun knew the thing his father will say again, he abruptly looked away and fidgeted at the toys he’s playing at when he’s still a kid, (medical stuff and such). He let his father continue,

“Kyuhyun my son, you always knew singing or playing an instrument can’t—“

 

He knew it, singing singing singing. If it’s not singing, piano,piano,piano.

Nagging. It was like a broken record, being forcefully played for him over and over again. He tried to relax, closed his eyes slowly, inhaled and exhaled, and then voiced out what he’s trying to say for almost three years of non-stop nagging.

 

“—can’t pay off my debts? can’t support my needs? for what dad? It’s my dream. Why bother?”

Her mother looks at him, feeling sorry. His mother just knew that her husband will (hopefully not) explode any minute by now. His sister already left and went to the kitchen, already sensing the tense atmosphere that is building up between the men. His mother was right, his father will explode,

 

—and this is the minute he’s pertaining to.

 

His father rolled his eyes and looked down for a second, and then looked back at his son. “For once Kyuhyun, could you at least be just..rational here and think? Think! Huh?”, his father leaned and  pointed his pointer finger onto his son’s right temple.

 

The wife now reached for her husband’s hand, and quickly pulled it away from the now, angered Cho Kyuhyun. Their son gritted his teeth, his jaw already clenched. His hand unconsciously started to make fists.

Infuriated, Kyuhyun jolt up and headed outside, without saying a word. Luckily, he has his keys on his pockets. He drove off somewhere, making his father blabble incoherent words behind, his mom shouting her heart out by the words, “kyuhyun-ah, kyuhyun ah!” Her sister could only look at them, apologetically.

 

 


 

“Bull."

Was the first word came out of his mouth after driving  far from their neighbourhood, and here he is now— on the middle of nowhere. He hit on the gas pedal much harder, his expressions perfectly reflecting on his harsh actions.

After hours and hours of driving, he finally found a motel to spend the night on. A grin is slowly planting across his face despite of what happened previously at the Cho’s Residence.

 

He opened the door, and is welcomed by the smell of homemade foods offered by the motel itself. He went to the counter and says something, “Hi, uh—“

He was interrupted at some sort of sound coming from his bag. He excused himself, “Ah wait, something’s up.”

He reached for his bag and took his cellphone, upon hearing a ring. A ‘new message!’ popped up on the screen. He read the message,

“Kyu, mom is very worried. When will you go home, huh? Oh, and dad is throwing tantrums by now. You’re dead. – A <3

Cho Ara and Kyuhyun are alike in some ways, and he’s somehow thankful for that. He loves his sister and treasures her, very much. But sometimes, he has the urge to beat her up and slid her in a sack. And her heart beside her name is perfectly helping him in his situation.

 

Not.

 

“This .”, he mumbled to himself. But loud enough to hear by the caretaker in front of him.

Kyuhyun looked at the girl for a second, “Im staying for the night, or in two days. I—I mean two days.”, and transferred his gaze on his phone again, replying to his sister.

“Two days it is.”, the girl says, deadpanned. Now reaching for the keys (probably) at the drawers behind her.

"Make it one week.", Kyuhyun says, reading the message all over again.

"Okay, sir."

The girl is somehow irritated by hearing the incoherent word, so she snorts loudly in her nose and looked away for a minute, waiting for Kyuhyun and his unfinished business to finish. Kyuhyun looked back at the girl again, a little confused why she’s acting weirdly.

“Miss, is there something wrong?”, he slid his phone in his pockets for the time being, still waiting for her response.

“Here’s your key, have a good night. Seohyun at your service.”

She breathed in quick words, and then she disappeared from his sight.

 

 

He went upstairs and headed straight to his assigned room. Room number—

“606.”, he mumbled to himself, fidgeting the keys that the caretaker gave to him earlier.

 

He found the room at last. Plain simple, wooden door and a rusty knob. He turned the knob and opened it. He jumped on the bed and fell asleep, without changing his clothes.

 

 

Day 2 – Wednesday

Kyuhyun woke up hungry. He dialled on the phone beside him and heard the familiar voice,

“Is this Seohyun?”

“Yes, what can I do for you?”

“Uh, can you bring a breakfast plate here?”

Kyuhyun hears her hiss as she contemplates. She then answered back.

“Right away, sir.”

 

He closed his eyes for a minute. Falling into a quick nap, he woke up, having a breakfast plate beside his bed.

It’s a breakfast plate, alright.

Just a mere breakfast plate. No food or anything. Over the plate is a note, written in pink ink.

“Go downstairs if you want to eat, we don’t offer those kind of service, especially for strangers calling me a female dog.”

Kyuhyun is completely confused, who would call a girl a female dog? She’s already female, the ‘dog’ is the only word worth mentioning.

“A female dog? What the.”

He thinks deeply for what felt like a minute or two. Eventually, he got what she’s trying to say.

“A ?”

And then, he remembers what happened yesterday. That explains why she has a dark expression. “Seohyun thought I called her a ?” Kyuhyun laughs by himself, re-reading the note over and over again.

He goes downstairs to apologize, but she is nowhere to be found.