And Forever

Shine Bright Like A Diamond

Shine Bright Like A Diamond

Chapter Forty Six

Ji Yong grinned really big.

His Uncle Danny was walking around with a sour look on his face, as the palace got prepared for the upcoming ceremony. The man had refused to help him with what needed to be done so he and Seung Hyun could be mated. But Ji Yong had once again proven the man that he wasn’t a quitter, and had already found someone to perform such a complex ritual.

Then there was Stephanie, she was still around, and very cute in her own way. She seemed to have a complex where she had to explain everything she did, especially if she thought that Danny had gotten mad at her. It made several people frown to hear Stephanie apologizing to Danny for looking at the expensive side of the menu the last time they went out, but she’d been freaking out, and she wasn’t that kid of girl. The maids had all turned an evil eye to Danny when they heard that he had made Stephanie pay for her own meal when he said that he would pay for it. That got the maids to turn their heads whenever he was hungry, and Stephanie was sorry for that as well. Ji Yong felt sorry for her, in truth, she never had to apologize for anything, but she couldn’t stop.

His brothers were probably the most amusing. Young Bae had been right; as the days went by, color seemed to return to Seungri. It had been at the end of the week that there was a slight change in his condition. Now Seungri could keep food down, and was able to freely drink blood, except in the mornings when everything was still horrible and the slightest sight of food still had him vomiting. Still, you could see a relief in Young Bae, and less distress in little Tae Hyun’s face as he no longer had to worry about his papa’s mood swings.

Daesung was probably the most annoying of them all. Now that he was mated, he and Ji Eun would walk around, practically floating and dancing as if the world was some big romance. In the morning they fed each other, and cooed. In the afternoon they walked around, looking as if they were sick with love. At dinner, or when they were in the dungeons it was like they couldn’t part their lips from the other- it was a wonder they could even breathe! Their parents claimed that it was the newly mated syndrome that they were facing and that it was cute. The only reason these two hadn’t left was because Daesung wanted to stay around for Ji Yong’s mating ceremony. What really annoyed Ji Yong was all the uncalled for advice that Daesung was shoving his way. He did know how to take care of Seung Hyun, especially in the bedroom, his brother had taken it too far in suggesting he was incapable!

What did he know? Damn his brother. 

“Ji Yong,” said vampire turned his head to look at the reaper behind him, “She’s here,”

Ji Yong nodded, and moved to stand. He was too quick in his movements as he usually was, but this time he lost his balance. Seung Hyun quickly moved to wrap his arms around Ji Yong and steadied him. “Damn,” he closed his eyes.

“You’ve got to slow down a bit, love,” Seung Hyun softly smiled, placing a kiss on Ji Yong’s cheek. The vampire heir sighed, and nodded. It had only recently started, but it seemed the larger their baby’s life force grew, the more off balance and off center Ji Yong became. It was a constant reminder that right now his body wasn’t only his, but his child’s as well.

“Alright, let’s go greet her,” Ji Yong said. Seung Hyun nodded and both of them walked down the steps to the paved marble road. They stood at the front of the Dark palace, and could see the gates being opened. The guards were yelling at each other to quickly close them as soon as a silvery, pink, and aqua colored carriage being pulled by what looked like to be a unicorn was pulled in. The magnificent creature was whiter than the purest snow, and seemed to glow even under the direct sun, and its breathtaking wings swished cool air around the path it led.  “Who is she again, Hyun?” Ji Yong asked in awe as he moved closer to the stiff reaper next to him.

“She is a Spiritualist,” Seung Hyun answered, “she delves in a lot of magic, and has even gained tittles as a spell caster, and is currently learning about shamanism,”

“Right,” Ji Yong murmured. The carriage came to a halt before them. The door popped open, and then a young woman stepped out. She had straight blond hair, and a blank expression on her face that made her come off as fierce. Her clothing were simple, a white button up shirt that was fitted to her, and black pullovers with short shorts, transparent leggings, completed with high strapped high heels.

“Good morning! I’m Lydia Peak, thank you for welcoming to your home, prince G-dragon,” She offered a tentative smile as she bowed down to show her respect.

“Welcome, it’s a pleasure having you here,” Ji Yong turned questioning eyes to Seung Hyun whom shrugged in return. The woman was more polite than they would have thought. Neither of them had met her before, but Seung Hyun knew a bit about her, seeing as her life was in his division. He knew her for speaking her mind as well as respecting everything in nature, natural or supernatural. That was why he had thought she’d be perfect to perform their union. 

“Thank you for coming on short notice,” Seung Hyun added.

“I was curious to meet the reaper that will someday end my life,” She smirked. Both Ji Yong and Seung Hyun flinched at that. When she laughed though, they knew that she was having fun with this. It wasn’t the curiosity of the reaper that she had to fear that brought her here. It had been her own thirst for knowledge, and to learn that a vampire and a reaper wished to be mated to each other—that was something you didn’t see at all these days. It just proved that things weren’t impossible, there was always a way. “So, where is this uncle of yours that says he knows how you two can be mated?”

“Come this way,” Ji Yong gestured for Lydia to follow them. She gladly did, her eyes darting everywhere as she took in the magnificent place that was the dark castle. She’d only ever dreamed about what it would look like. To receive an invitation personally from the heir to visit was just too much!

For the next hour, she took a tour of the palace as they searched for Danny, when they found him in the kitchen. The man was drowning himself in blood, looking incredibly miserable. “Hello,” Lydia called.

“I already said all I need to say,” The man snapped.

Ji Yong pursed his lips, glaring at his uncle.

“I need you to tell me what you know,” Lydia spoke, her voice even, but the tone resounding in an odd way, “All you will focus on now is the sound of my voice,” She smiled in triumph when Danny turned to look at her with shock in his eyes. It didn’t take long to hypnotize him, and had him telling her all that she needed to know.

Ji Yong was amazed to say the least. “Where did you find her again?” he asked Seung Hyun.

“There’s a whole community of Spiritualist, she just happens to be the best at what she does,” Seung Hyun responded.

Once Lydia knew everything that she needed, she had Ji Yong and Seung Hyun lead her to where she would be performing the ceremony. It was actually simpler that she thought it would be. She took her time to learn about Ji Yong and Seung Hyun before she asked their permission for her to reach out to their souls. During this little ritual she found out something that made her pause in thought. “You are pregnant,” she whispered, looking at Ji Yong.

Ji Yong felt himself blush as he nodded his head. “Yeah,”

“That makes things a lot easier,” Lydia said, clapping her hands together, pleased.

“It does?” Ji Yong asked, feeling perked up about the knowledge. Seung Hyun could already guess why it would be easier to mate with Ji Yong now. He could still see a small connection between them, one that he didn’t really understand, because he had never seen it before. Perhaps Lydia did.

“Yes,” Lydia said, “I like this place a lot, I think I’ll set everything up and cleanse the area to make sure your souls are not harmed from any malevolence that might linger around,” She said, looking at the area. “But I get some good vibes from this place, I just want to be completely sure that it’s safe,” she gave them a warm smile.

“Thank you,” Seung Hyun said, placing his arm around Ji Yong’s shoulder. Lydia nodded once at them, liking the fact that she could see that this relationship was serious. She’d seen so many souls in her life, but she could see these two shine so brightly, so strongly. They completed each other.

“Let us show you to a room that you can stay in,” Ji Yong suggested.

“Okay, cool,” Lydia grinned.

After she was settled in, Ji Yong finally felt that it was time to let his father know what was going on. He was scared though, to tell his father that he was pregnant. Especially after the initial reactions the king had shown to Seungri being pregnant. “Maybe I can tell him after we are both mated,” Ji Yong said, “Dad can know…maybe after we sleep together the night of our mating or something,” this caused Seung Hyun to laugh, “What’s so damned funny?”

“You’re panicking about something that can’t be changed.” Seung Hyun said. “Telling your parents’ seems natural, like something you should do, but if you don’t want them to know until later its fine as well.  We ourselves don’t know much about your pregnancy yet, so…” Seung Hyun trailed off. Ji Yong nodded his head in understanding. Maybe they should wait, for when they were sure that their child would survive further into the pregnancy. The cool aura was still strange against Ji Yong’s own, the difference was startling. Gummy had been concerned about it as well, but for Seung Hyun it felt natural, so she tried not to worry.

Ji Yong sat down, running his hands through his hair. “Don’t think about it that way Seung Hyun, our baby can’t just die…” he whispered. “After everything, we can’t lose it now,” the vampire heir started to shake with those kind of thoughts entering his mind.

Seung Hyun walked over to Ji Yong, and embraced him, placing a soft kiss on his forehead, “We don’t know what will happen, we don’t know what our child would be, or could look like. I’m excited for whoever they are to survive and live with us. I know we will pull through, but” Seung Hyun took a deep breath, “I feel like telling others will make our child that much more real,”

“You think so?” Ji Yong blinked, and looked up at Seung Hyun. The reaper gave him a smile and a slight nod.

Right now the only ones that knew about their growing baby apart from them was Gummy and Lydia. Letting others know, it was scary, but Seung Hyun was right. It would give their child that much more of a real role in the world—in their family. Taking a shaky deep breath, Ji Yong nodded his head and made up his mind.

It was only a matter of a few days now that he and Seung Hyun would finally mate.

“Let’s go tell my dad,” he suddenly said.

Seung Hyun raised an eyebrow, “Now?” he asked.

“Why not” Ji Yong smirked, his eyes shining with so much mirth that Seung Hyun didn’t have the heart to tell him no. Nodding his agreement, both of them walked out of their shared bedroom, and went to the Kings Throne room. King Hyun Suk was sitting there, looking over a few cases that had just come in. Although he had Ji Yong looking over a few things, crimes were completely still under only his jurisdiction.

“Ji Yong,” Hyun Suk said as he looked up and noticed that his son was approaching. “And Seung Hyun,” he pursed his lips into a tight frown.

“Hello father,”

“I’m glad both of you are here,” The king started to sit straight and focus his attention fully on them, “I heard that someone came in today, that will mate both of you. Which leads me to believe that you got Danny talking and that he has finally told you his big secret,” The king pursed his lips once more, seeming to consider his words, “I have to say, in my own way that despite both of you spending so much together, I feel I have to ask you both if you are sure that you two want to be together. You two are completely different, and in a sense complete opposites. Ji Yong eats, and has needs, but Seung Hyun you don’t eat, and I can’t be sure if there are any needs that pertain to you…”

“Father,” Ji Yong cut him off, making the man blink. “It sounds like you have been thinking way too much about this,”

“I have,”

“I know you are worried, but I am sure about what I want,” He couldn’t explain it to others, but the moment that he had seen Seung Hyun, there was no way that he could part with him. “We are sure that we want to be mated together.” Ji Yong firmly said.

“We do,” Seung Hyun affirmed.

Hyun Suk sighed, and nodded.

“Dad, we also have something important to tell you,” Ji Yong added before the conversation could end. He also didn’t want to lose to his nerves. He had to say it now or he would never say it.

“What is it?” the man asked.

Ji Yong took one big deep breath, before he just let it all out. “I’m pregnant with Seung Hyun’s child,”

The entire room froze with complete silence. His father must have stared too hard, because the man shook his head and started to laugh loudly. It almost seemed like something inside his brain had finally snapped. It wasn’t exactly the reaction Ji Yong was expecting, but he didn’t hesitate to follow Seung Hyun out of the room when they finally heard something braking, and his father screaming. “YOU’VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!”

His dad already didn’t like it that Seungri was pregnant, he certainly wasn’t going to like it that another of his son’s was in the same state.

“That went well.” Seung Hyun mumbled.

Ji Yong groaned, “I think father is just scare to react that way in front of you…” he moved close and latched himself around Seung Hyun, burying his face into his chest. Seung Hyun ruffled Ji Yong’s soft hair, and leaned in to place a kiss at the crown of his head.

The day of their ceremony couldn’t come fast enough.

It happened later than planned; another week had passed before a sunny Saturday was chosen to be the official date. Ji Yong, dressed in a completely white gorgeous tuxedo was a bundle of nerves, seated on the edge of a comfortable chair, while Gummy checked on him and his child. “Everything is fine, and it seems your little one is healthy and full of life,” she gladly announced, giving him an assuring smile.

“Thanks,” Ji Yong mumbled, his eyes darting to Seung Hyun whom stood beside him. Seung Hyun was dressed in complete black, except for the white tie that ran down his chest. He took his offered hand and stood up.

“Are you scared?” Seung Hyun asked, concerned for Ji Yong. He didn’t want Ji Yong going through this if he was too anxious. The stress of it all could also affect their child. He knew already how worried Ji Yong was about losing their child, despite Lydia assuring them that they wouldn’t, it was still a vulnerable time. No one could know that it was!

Ji Yong nodded. The fear wasn’t the getting mated, but more the fact that he was scared that his child could be harmed in the process. Lydia might have said it would be fine, but Ji Yong naturally had started to worry, and knew the reaper had picked up on it. “Seung Hyun, before we head over, I want to share something with you,” Ji Yong said, and led Seung Hyun out.

Gummy smiled as she watched them go, and hurried to join everyone else that was waiting in the ceremonial room.

Ji Yong led Seung Hyun back to their bedroom. He pulled out a box, and inside there were two chain bracelets.  One in rich gold and one in shimmering silver. Ji Yong gently pulled out the golden one, and grabbed Seung Hyun’s hand again, placing it on his left hand. Seung Hyun looked at it in awe, before he reached for the silver one, and reached for Ji Yong’s left hand, placing the jewelry there. As soon as it was clasped together, tingling warmth echoed between then as they held hands.

They didn’t have to say it, to already know, that both of them loved each other deeply.

“Ready to get mated?” Seung Hyun softly asked.

Ji Yong nodded his head, “Of course!”

Everyone fell silent when the doors finally opened on the soon to be mated couple. Hyun Suk and Ji Yong’s mother walked over, and had a few words to say. Hyun Suk was still a bit bitter over the fact that Seung Hyun had gotten his son pregnant, but Ji Yong thanked the heavens that his father didn’t make a spectacle.  Dong Wook and Lee Hi Yi walked over as well, giving their blessings as well. They were both proud of Seung Hyun, even if he wasn’t their real son, they got a chance to raise him and it was as if they were a real family. They both loved him as a son.

Once both of them walked to the altar at the front, Lydia started the ceremony by drawing a circle around them, and adding designs to it.

It was the longest hour of their life.

The first step had been the most complicated, Ji Yong and Seung Hyun had to repeat vows to each other in a different language- the tongue of the living and the tongue of the dead--, before they felt themselves experience Astral Projection. The feeling was new, and both Ji Yong and Seung Hyun looked back at their still bodies, before looking back at Lydia whom smiled at them. Their very inner beings were pulled from their physical beings.

“Relax,” Lydia had whispered, “I need you both to calm down,” She knew if things didn’t went well then their bodies would get startled and might even fight them on re-entry. It was a vulnerable state, because other spirits could want to enter the vacant body and claim it at its own. That was why she had purified the grounds, and made sure she was the one in control “Now join hands,” she whispered.

Ji Yong and Seung Hyun reached for each other, nearly gasping at how the feeling was so bare and strong. Was this what was craved when you were stuck in a physical body, this closeness that would otherwise be impossible. While both Seung Hyun and Ji Yong stared deeply into each other, Lydia started to chant something. As her words went, the closer that Seung Hyun and Ji Yong felt, their souls joining starting from where they were holding hands, and growing up, and through their bodies.

The both of them turned to fully face each other, and their other hands grabbed themselves together. Ji Yong smiled big, and Seung Hyun’s lips curled into a unique smile of their own. It was exhilarating, but it felt so good to be this close to each other. They could feel how they were becoming tied to each other, and before they knew it, a blinding light overwhelmed them.

See you in the other side,

Always

The blinding light took over, and then it was like floating. The feeling of floating up from darkness, and coming back to a waking state- and the feeling of still holding hands- Ji Yong whipped his head to Seung Hyun and felt relief to find dark eyes looking over him. Seung Hyun tightened his hand on Ji Yong, the feeling was back again, and both of them could feel it. Their very beings were deeply intertwined now, and they turned back to Lydia who at this time called back their attention to themselves.

Now it was time for the last of the ritual to take place. Charmed rings that they had chosen prior to this were brought before them. Seung Hyun grabbed on, placing his on Ji Yong’s right hand, on his ring finger. Ji Yong did the same as he grabbed his right and placed it on Seung Hyun’s right hand, ring finger.

Then they leaned in, and shared their first kiss as a mated couple.

Everyone gasped, watching them both shine bright as the ceremony came to an end. As Lydia bowed, and walked out, she was followed by several others. Even though both of them had just mated, Ji Yong and Seung Hyun weren’t about to consummate their new union here. Instead, they turned and walked towards Ji Yong’s parents, and brothers were both of them were welcomed and congratulated. After all, Ji Yong was pregnant, and as such needed a more private setting with his body; it was an odd Vampire thing.

“I couldn’t believe it when dad said that you were pregnant!” Seungri said, looking at Ji Yong with awe.  Ji Yong hadn’t told his brothers until yesterday night, when he couldn’t sleep and they had insisted on separating him from Seung Hyun. He had to speak up, seeing as being away from Seung Hyun harmed both him and the baby. Either way, his brothers had stayed close, making sure that they didn’t do anything ual, but at the same time didn’t push to know more about the pregnancy until everything was done.

It had been fun, hanging out with his brothers that way.

Lately it felt like all of them were growing apart, especially now that they were all mated.

“So what happens now?” Ji Yong asked, unable to stop his smile from being wide.

“We encourage Daesung to get his mate pregnant!” Seungri loudly yelled, making their father, the King pass out.

“I think father isn’t to thrill at becoming a grandfather again, and again,” Young Bae muttered. The others laughed and agreed. With that, the ceremony was moved to the reception, where the celebration was being held.

Everyone enjoyed themselves, even if some were bitterly glaring. Yet, as everyone ate, talked, it somehow felt different to Ji Yong. Seungri and Young Bae had a large party and interacted with their family and other royals. Daesung and Ji Eun had done much the same. But his was different, because at this moment he didn’t want to go and greet anyone, he didn’t want to talk to anyone. All he wanted to do was stay close to Seung Hyun and watch from afar as everyone else celebrated his union with his mate.

Biting into his lower lip though, he felt a curl of anticipation start at his belly, and swell into his heart. He was nervous for the night’s events that would follow. His mind shifted to those thoughts on several occasions, and his hand would tighten around Seung Hyun’s.

“Come,” Seung Hyun whispered in his ear. Ji Yong blushed as his mind turned that small word into a dirty thought, but quickly recovered as he was led to the dance floor. He lost himself quickly in Seung Hyun’s eyes as they danced around the glowing lights, and were slowly joined by their brothers. When the music came to an end, Ji Yong noticed for the first time, that their guests all stood around them, in a circle, and it was just he and Seung Hyun in the middle.

Seungri moved along, a microphone in his hand, “Well, this isn’t your typical traditional marriage, but, these two are very much in love. They have literally been to hell and back to prove it and--”

Young Bae stepped forward, slightly moving the mic to himself, “What Seungri is trying to say is that these two are meant to be, and even though they aren’t going to consummate in front of many, Ji Yong will drink blood from Seung Hyun,”

Seungri snatched the mic way, “Damn it Young Bae I wasn’t going to make a joke!” Several people laughed, “Anyways, this symbolizes how Seung Hyun will feed, and care for Ji Yong when in need,” Peopled awed, and looked at the pair warmly. Many were still confused about Seung Hyun, although they had heard that he was a reaper, they had also heard that he was prince Seven’s son and thus expected him to be a vampire. But this just proved that he wasn’t one.

Turning to each other, Seung Hyun freely offered his neck to Ji Yong, and the vampire heir felt his mouth water at the thought of his Reaper’s blood. He slowly moved in close, his hands gently placed on Seung Hyun’s shoulders, and he raised his head to align it with the reapers neck. The bite was quick, Ji Yong hadn’t hesitated, and he greedily drank before pulling himself away—a realization dawning on him.

It was his consumption of Seung Hyun’s blood, the reason that their baby could survive in him and grow within him—it was because he was often full with Seung Hyun’s blood.

Claps and cheers brought his back to reality as he turned to face everyone else and then shyly smiled at Seung Hyun. Seung Hyun returned the smile, bigger, and bolder. Their union was nearly complete. “Alright! Let’s party until someone drops on the floor!” Seungri called.

It was two hours later when someone literally did fall on the floor and others decided to call it a night. Ji Yong and Seung Hyun had been sitting near a balcony, staring out at the cool night, and bright moon when Young Bae, Daesung, Seungri, and Ji Eun approached them. “It’s time you two,”

“Do we have to do this,” Ji Yong grumbled, and tried to stifle a yawn.

“We just need to make sure that you guys consummate,” Young Bae said, and then looked over his shoulder. “At least, Dad wants to make sure that you do consummate,”

Ji Yong nodded his head. He knew that as the Heir it was important for the king himself to confirm such things. With that, both Ji Yong and Seung Hyun walked over to the dungeons, where the largest couch had been pushed, towards the left wall. A makeshift curtain had been pinned around it, and Ji Yong scowled at the set up.

Everything had been moved.

His brothers and sister in law stood around them, silently watching, and waiting. Ji Yong sighed as he watched his dad and his mother enter as well, and finally turned to Seung Hyun, and offered his hand to him. The reaper took it, and pulled him in close, before picking him up, and jumping over the back of the couch and setting him down on the soft pillows. Ji Yong felt that tight heat swell in him, even stronger than before as he stare up in Seung Hyun’s eyes, anticipation laced in him. “I love you so much,” he whispered, never looking away.

Seung Hyun smiled in return, his thumb moving to caress Ji Yong’s soft rosy cheek, “I love you just as much,” he whispered, then moved in, claiming Ji Yong’s lips with his, while his hand moved to undo Ji Yong’s tux. As clothes started to quickly drop, Daesung and Young Bae moved to close the curtains, until all they could see was just the silhouettes of both men.

Seungri moved close to Young Bae, and started to suggestively nudge him. Young Bae turned to him and whispered things to him, their focus wrapped in themselves now.

Daesung and Ji Eun were much the same, except that they were a little shyer about it, seeing as they had gone through this. They felt a bit embarrassed now.

The King though remained firmed, watching until the very end to make sure that the reaper didn’t leave his son. When both cried in mutual ic bliss, the king finally turned and left with his queen. Young Bae and Seungri had taken residence in their own corner in the room, to wrapped in each other to realize that their duty was over. Daesung and Ji Eun had taken the floor, with a few covers and pillows, and hidden themselves there as well.

Ji Yong let out a deep breath, his hot, sweaty body plastered on top of Seung Hyun’s slowly calming down from the rush that had been their shared . “We did it,” he finally whispered, “Seung Hyun,” The reaper tightened his hold around Ji Yong’s waist, and knew exactly what his mate meant. They had faced their differences, lost each other, and came back together to where they belong. They had been through so much, and now here they were happy, ready to keep facing life together.

Neither of them knew what the future would bring, and they were still clueless about how their child would be, but they were ready to face it together.

“Yeah, we did it.”


The End 

There is one more chapter left, 10 yrs later... ~