Piano: Keynote

Piano: Keynote

 

One.

 

Three.

 

Five.

 

One.

 

Two.

 

Four.

 

Again.

 

You begun to get frustrated even though you did not want to show it feeling, it would just be a waste of your emotion, and you’ll gain nothing even if you show. Your piano teacher was beginning to get on your nerves; her voice was beginning to get on your nerves.

 

Again and again, it almost started to sound like 2PM’s annoying somewhat catchy song; you shudder at the thought as the song begun to play in your head.

 

 

The tune you were trying to get right was getting more difficult instead of getting easier, it was doing the opposite and that wasn’t helping with how frustrated you were feeling. Your fifth finger or Pinky kept hitting the wrong keys and was on the slow side, it was difficult to control. Not to mention you were using both hands to play, that only causes more mistakes.

 

 

“Ki Bum is coming to the show next week,” She says, your teacher is a middle aged looking woman, she looks strict and well, mean, yes, she looks like what you think is an evil stepmother.

 

 

“Which Ki Bum?” You ask as you look at your fingers while you continue playing, you wanted to get the tune, theme and notes right this time.

 

 

“Kim Ki Bum,” She replies flipping to the next page on the notebook that was right in front of you, you smiled at her thankfully and she scowls at you, “At the show next week, you’re going to have to turn the pages yourself,” She reminds sternly as if you did not already know. How could you not? She has been repeating the same thing over and over again.

 

 

“You do know that there are a lot of people with the same name,” You tell her softly, you missed a key and yet you pretend like you did not, your teacher rolls her eyes and lets out a huff. She was one grumpy lady; you wouldn’t want to mess with her on a bad day, like today. She did seem like she was in a rather foul mood.

 

 

“Key.” She answers with a hint of irritation in her voice when you miss another key. You miss the right key and of course, you hit the wrong one. Your teacher growls before she sighs tiredly and tells you to start from the beginning.

 

 

Don’t mess up, you scold yourself. Better not, you add. You keep practicing trying to hit the right keys, it took you over 5 hours for you to get it right – you did take breaks between those hours, your fingers, hands and arms hurt. Your teacher, you think she felt sorry for you – she sent you home.

 

 

You did not go home, you enter a piano warehouse that was nearby and you bow a bit at who you think is the owner as a greeting. As you walk further in, there are a million thoughts running through your mind, you look at all the black shiny pianos, they all seem inviting as though they were calling you to play them.

 

 

You pick the one of pianos; you sit down and make yourself as comfortable as possible. You raise your hand and start playing with it, you hit the keynotes perfectly and it made you smile.

 

 

Of course you had to use both hands and that was another story because, well, your other hand’s fifth finger never seems to co-operate like the other fingers, you sigh heavily as you begun to try.

 

 

The first few minutes of playing you get it right because you did not need your fifth finger and when you did you screwed up, you try again and you keep making the same mistake. You then glare at your finger and turn to the keys underneath your hands and do the same.

 

 

“Don’t think of your little finger while playing,”

 

 

You look back and your eyes almost pop out of their sockets.

 

 

Huh?” Was the only thing you could voice out, he raises his eyebrow at you and then he smiles.

 

 

“You’re the girl who’s going to play at the Show, right?” He asks as he takes a seat next to you, you feel like you were about to faint, the luck of air and because you were next to one of your favorite artist and he was talking to you freely.

 

 

You nod you head and swallow hard.

 

 

“May I?” He questions, at first you don’t understand but then you follow his eyes, he’s staring at the piano.

 

 

“Oh…um,” You laugh nervously, more like stupidly as you nod your head; “Sure,” You place your hands on your lap and watch him play.

 

 

Well, you kept staring at his face; I highly doubt you got anything he was explaining to you.

 

 

¤¤¤¤¤

 

Tune, theme, keynote, same thing? I kinda when it comes to the piano and keyboard even though I have one LOL can you blame me? It’s so difficult and I’m trying to learn x] Never give up they say. Anyways, I hope you guys liked it, especially you Mi!