MISS YOU

The Story Has Just Begun (Collection of Short Stories)

 


Changmin’s P.O.V

I was walking along the hallway of a hospital, suddenly I saw a girl in a white dress. She waved at me and then she smiled as she walks near me.

“Oppa, Saranghae…” She hugged me and I hugged her back and then like a blink of an eye, she disappeared.

“ANDWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

~~~~~~~~`````

“ANDWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed as I woke up in the middle of the night. I saw her in my dream again. I wiped the sweat that form on my forehead.

“Changmin ah, what happened?” Jaejoong hyung suddenly barged in my room. He opened the lights and walked to my bed.

“Nothing…” I sighed and played with the hem of my blanket.

“It’s about her again, am I right?” He asked me and I nodded. He’s talking about the girl that I love but then I made the biggest mistake in my life by betraying her. I can’t forget her, I always feel guilty for what I’ve done to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

*F.L.A.S.H.B.A.C.K*

`
“Changmin ah, be careful.” My older cousin, Jaejoong hyung reminded me as I crossed the street. I want to be independent, after all I’m already 16 years old but the problem is i’m a blind teenager. I got into an accident when I was 2 years old and because of it I lost my eyesight.

I suddenly heard a car coming and Jaejoong hyung’s voice. I was too shocked and I don’t know what to do. I heard the car stopped and a girl’s voice.

“Omo, gwaenchana? Are you hurt?” I heard a calm but worried voice of a girl. I shook my head and I let out a smile.

“Are you sure?If you want we’ll take you to the hospital.” She told me.

“Aniyo, I’m ok..” I mumbled. I suddenly heard a guy’s voice.

“Aissh, oppa, this is your fault, what if we hit him?” The girl blamed someone.

“Soo Ae, stop blaming me, I know it’s my fault. I’m sorry…I’m really sorry…” I heard the guy apologizing to me.

“Changmin ah…” I heard Jaejoong hyung’s voice and I felt someone grabbed my hand.

“Hyung, I’m fine…” I assured him, I know he’s worried.

“Omo, Yunho ah…what are you doing here?” Jaejoong hyung asked, I think he’s talking to the guy.

“Jae…is he your cousin whom you’re talking about?” I heard him asked.

“Yes, his name is Changmin….by the way, is she yourstep sister?” Jaejoong hyung asked him.

“Neh, I am…my name is Soo Ae, nice meeting you two…” The girl introduced herself.

“Jaejoong, is your cousin blind?” I heard Yunho hyung asked him.

“Yeah, he got in an accident when he was 2 years old…” Jaejoong hyung explained to him.

“We’re really sorry…ahmm..so to make it up to you Changmin, why don’t you come to our house, since Jae will visit also.” Yunho hyung asked me and I nodded. Jaejoong hyung took my hand and we get in to Yunho hyung’s car.

I think I’m sitting on the backseat. Suddenly I felt someone staring at me. I really have a strong sense of feeling.

“Annyeong, I’m Soo Ae, your name is Changmin right? I’m 15 years old. How about you?” I heard the girl’s voice.

“Annyeong Soo Ae ssi..i’m 16 years old…” I replied and I smile. Her voice is so cute, she’s like a kid that is introducing herself.

“Oh, I guess I have to call you oppa…well Changmin oppa, can we be friends?” She asked me and I nodded.

“Of course Soo Ae ssi…” I told her. “Oppa don’t call me Soo Ae ssi, just Soo Ae is fine…” I heard her.

“Araso…so, when is your birthday?” I asked her.

“September 18…you?” 
“Oh February 18…” I told her and she giggled.

“It’s so cool..We have the same date…but different month…” She chuckled and I laughed also. From then on, we talked to many things about ourselves. We have the chance to get to know each other more. Yunho hyung and Jaejoong hyung didn’t talk that much; I guess they didn’t want to disturb us.

Since that day, me and Soo Ae got closer with each other, she didn’t mind that I’m blind. Sometimes I always like I’m a burden to her, but then she made me feel that I’m a normal person. She always makes me laugh and smile. I felt comfortable around her. I realize that I already fall in love with her.

“Changmin oppa, let’s go…” She grabbed my hand while she’s laughing. She’s very cheerful and that’s one of the reasons why I love her.

“Where are we going?” I asked her.

“In the park….” She replied and we kept running. Suddenly she stopped and she guide me to a bench. We sat down and we just feel the cold breeze.

“Soo Ae, can I touch your face?” I asked her. I felt her hands guiding my right hand to her face. I traced her eyebrows and then her cheeks, her nose and then her lips. I cupped her face and leaned forward to her. I guess she kinda sense what I’m going to do because she leans forward and I felt her lips on mine. She wrapped her arms around me and I pulled her closer to me. When we broke off the kiss, I touched my lips and I blushed.

“Oppa, I’m sorry, I..i..Didn’t mean it..” She apologized.

“Aniyo, Soo Ae ah, I have something to tell you. I hope it’ll not ruin our friendship. Soo Ae, Saranghae…I love you more than a friend.” I confessed to her.

“Oppa, I..I....Love you too…” She suddenly hugged me and I smiled. I’ve never been so happy like this. Even though I’m blind, I felt complete because the girl that I love is here beside me.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

“Changmin ah, are you sure you’re ok?” Jaejoong hyung caught my attention.

“Huh? Ahm, yeah, i’m going back to sleep.” I told him.

“Araso, just call me if you want to talk to someone.” He said and he left me alone. I looked at the picture on the table beside my bed. It’s a picture of me and Soo Ae. Yes, I’m not blind anymore. I can see again but then I felt useless since I lost the love of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

*F.L.A.S.H.B.A.C.K*

*3rd person’s P.O.V*

“Oppa, do you want to get your eyesight back again?” Soo Ae asked him.

“Neh, of course, I want to see my little princess.” He told her in a sweet voice and she blushed.

“Oppa, what if you get your eyesight back again and you realize that I’m not a normal girl. I mean what if I’m also disabled?” She asked him worriedly.

“Soo Ae, I don’t care if you are disabled person. I love you and I’ll take care of you.” He told her as he reached out for her hands. He holds her in his arms.

“Oppa, promise me that you’ll stay forever with me.” She whispered to his ears.

“Of course my princess…I will…I’ll be by your side forever…” Changmin kissed her forehead and he hugged her tight.

~~~~~````~~~~~~~~~````~~~~~~~~~~~~`````

“Soo Ae yah, are you sure about this?” Yunho asked her cousin.

“Oppa, I’ve already made my decision. Since I discover that I have heart disease, I thought that I’ll leave this world soon, and I want Changmin oppa to get his eyesight back again. So, I’m willing to give my eyes to him. Oppa, don’t tell Changmin oppa…I already talked to Jaejoong oppa about this. And I want you two to act that I’m also blind, I mean try to convince Changmin that all the time, I’m blind…and you two are just helping me all the time. Araso?” She explained to him.

“Fine, if that’s what you want. Soo Ae, just don’t think that you’ll leave us…I can’t take that if that happenes. Umma and Appa already left us and then who’s next you? You’ll leave me also?” He asked her and she just sighed.

“Oppa, I’m sorry but I know..i’ll leave soon…” Soo Ae suddenly cried.Yunho hugged his sister. Even though they are not related to each other, he really cares for her like his real sister. He always wants the best for her.

The day that Soo Ae was waiting for came. This is the day where she’ll give her eyes to her lover. She just hopes that everything are fine. It took almost 9 hours for the operation; Jaejoong and Yunho are both waiting outside the room. Changmin doesn’t have an idea that Soo Ae is the donor. After a long operation, the doctor came out with a smile. The operation went well. Changmin can see again after the healing process.

4 days after the operation, the doctor decided to take the bandage off. Jaejoong, Yunho and Soo Ae are now waiting for the doctor.

“Changmin oppa, are you ready?” Soo Ae asked him, and he nodded.

“I’m excited to see you guys, expecially you, Soo Ae…” Yunho guide Soo Ae to sit on Changmin’s bed. Soo Ae is not yet used to her present condition. Soon the doctor and the nurse came. They started to take off the bandage.

“Now, Mr. Shim, slowly open your eyes…” The doctor said. Changmin slowly opened his eyes. He first saw the light, and then blurry images. He scanned the room but still its blurred.

“Don’t worry; it will just took minutes for your eyes to adjust…” The doctor told Changmin. He started to see clearer image.

“Oppa…” He turned his head and look at the girl beside her. She’s wearing sunglasses.

“Soo..Soo Ae is that you?” He asked and the girl nodded. Changmin’s vision was now clear. He hugged the girl and looked at the two guys.

“Yunho hyung, Jaejoong hyung?” He asked.

“Yeah, Changmin I’m your hyung…it’s me Jaejoong hyung…” Jaejoong went to him and joined in the hug. Soon, Yunho joined in too.

The doctor asked the 3 to leave the room first since they will do some checkups. After that, they all went in. Yunho guide Soo Ae again to Changmin.

“Soo Ae ah, why are you wearing glasses?” Changmin asked as she looked down.

“Oppa, I’m…I’m blind…” She said. Changmin was surprised by hearing that news. He looked at Jaejoong and Yunho, they just nodded.

“How? When?” Changmin started to get confused.

“Oppa, I’m really blind…I was born into this world already blind. All this time that you though I’m a normal girl is not true…I don’t want to be a burden to you, since we have same condition. All the time that you thought we’re alone, is not true, Yunho oppa or Jaejoong oppa is always with us. I tried to act normal to you.” She explained. Changmin suddenly hugged her.

“I don’t care if you’re blind. Now, that I get my eyesight back again. I’ll be your eyes and I’ll be the one who will take care of you. I promise, I won’t leave your side…” Changmin caressed her hair when Soo Ae started to sobbed.

“I love you…” He whispered as he planted a soft kiss on her forehead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

It’s almost a month since Changmin get his eyesight back. But now, it seems that the world change, he’s now taking care of Soo Ae. Every morning, he’ll go to Soo Ae’s place. He’ll stay there until midnight, and make sure that Soo Ae is already asleep when he leaves. Soo Ae started to feel insecure because she thinks that she’s a burden to him. She’ll always ask Changmin if she is and his answer is…

“No, my princess…you’re not a burden to me…I always want to take care of you…” That’s what he always says to her. Yunho is always there also to help her sister. Sometimes, he thinks that Soo Ae did a wrong thing, he just don’t want to think about Soo Ae’s condition, she’s now blind and with heart disease. Changmin doesn’t know about the heart disease and even Jaejoong.

Months passed by and Changmin started to get tired. He always do the same routine, sometimes, he get pissed off. Soo Ae just thinks that he’s tired. Everyday he’ll visit her and after that he’ll go to his work.

“Oppa are you getting tired of taking care of me?” Soo Ae asked him. Changmin looked at her and sighed.

“How many times I’ve told you that I’m not…I’m sorry if sometimes I shouted or get pissed off,, it’s just that I’ve so many problems at work…” He explained to her.

“And also, I’m your problem..Oppa, just tell me if you’re getting tired. Yunho oppa is also there for me….” She told him and tears started to fall from her eyes. Somehow, she felt that as time goes by Changmin seems to change. He’s kinda not that sweet to her anymore.

“Hey, why are you crying? Uljima…I don’t want to see you crying…” Changmin hugged her and caressed her hair. She pulled away and reaches for his face. Changmin took her hand and placed it into his cheeks. She started to feel his face. She really missed his face so much. The way he smile, and those mismatched eyes. She traced his eye and then his nose, and then his cheeks. He leaned in to capture her lips. He tilted his head and closed his eyes. When they broke the kiss, Changmin smiled and he kissed her shoulders and then he hugged her.

“Oppa Saranghae…” Soo Ae whispered and she rested her head to his chest as she closed her eyes.

“Nado Saranghae…” He replied as he lied down on the bed and closed his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

It’s already a year and Soo Ae somehow get used to be a blind person. Changmin visit her 3-4 times a week. Soo Ae knew that he’s so busy about his work. But unknown to her, Changmin is cheating on her. He met a girl in his work, it’s his new office mate and somehow he felt attracted to her. The girl is also having feelings for Changmin.

Soo Ae asked Yunho to drive her to Changmin’s place, when they got there Soo Ae told Yunho to leave her. She went inside and waited for Changmin. She brought a cake since it’s their 1st year anniversary.

It’s almost an hour, but still no sign of Changmin. Soo Ae leaned on the couch. Soon, she heard a car parked.

“It must be Changmin…” She mumbled. She suddenly heard a girl’s voice and also Changmin’s voice. Changmin opened the door and saw Soo Ae sitting on the couch with a box beside her.

“Soo Ae, what are you doing here?” He asked. Soo Ae stands up.

“Oppa, Happy Anniversary…did you already forget about it?” She asked. Changmin gulped and looked at the girl beside him. It’s a good thing that Soo Ae is blind since they are holding hand. He walked over to Soo Ae and hugged her.

“Of course not…Happy Anniversary too my princess…” He kissed her forehead.

“Oppa, I head a girl’s voice…who is she?” Soo Ae asked.

“Oww, she’s my officemate and she went here to get some files that she needed.” Changmin lied.

“Ahh, oppa, I brought cake. I baked it but I asked for Jaejoong oppa’s help.” Soo Ae giggled.

“Thanks…ahhmm do you mind if Min Ye joined with us?” Changmin asked her.

“Ohh..i don’t mind..Since she’s your friend…” Soo Ae smiled. The 3 of them started to eat the cake. Changmin will feed Soo Ae but then unknown to Soo Ae that Min Ye girl is flirting with Changmin.

After that, Soo Ae go tired and Changmin lead her to his bedroom. He tucked her in the bed.

“Why don’t you stay here tonight…I’ll be back…me and Min Ye have something to discuss about the meeting we’re preparing.” Changmin told him and she nodded. He kissed her forehead and he left the room.

“Oppa, is that your blind girlfriend? I though you already broke up with her.” Min Ye asked Changmin as she sat on his lap.

“I can’t..or else Yunho and Jaejoong hyung will kill me…” Changmin explained to her.

“Aren’t you getting tired to have a blind girlfriend? Don’t you want a normal girl who can take care of you also, like me…?” She asked as she started to Changmin’s shirt.

“Of course babe…I want it also..I just can’tleave her even though I’m tired of her…” Changmin told the girl as they kissed passionately. The girl started to moan. The two of them didn’t know that Soo Ae is listening to them. She felt dizzy as Changmin mentioned that he’s tired of her. This is what she’s scared off. What makes things worst is Changmin is cheating on her. She can’t take it all and she suddenly collapsed. Soo Aesomehow madeto grabbed her phone and call for Yunho’s help before she became unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

Jaejoong and Yunho arrived at Changmin;s place after they received Soo Ae’s call. When they entered the house, they saw a girl in the couch on top of Changmin making outwith him.

“CHANGMIN!!” Yunho yelled that made the girl and Changmin jerked off.

“Hyung….let me explain..i….” But before he continued, Changmin already receiveda heavy punch from Yunho. Jaejoong rushed into Changmin;s room to find unconscious Soo Ae lying on the floor.

“YUNHO..HELP!!!” Jaejoong yelled and Yunho let go of Changmin. He rushed to the room and saw Soo Ae in Jaejoong’s arms.

“Jaejoong, let’s bring her to the hospital…” Yunho took Soo Ae from Jaejoong’s hand and he hurriedly went to his car. Jaejoong confront Changmin, but before that he asked the girl to leave them alone.

“Changmin, what are you doing?” He asked him.

“Hyung…i…I’m really getting tired…..I thought of my future. I want to have kids also and I want a normal life. How can I have it when I have a girlfriend that is blind?” Changmin told him. Jaejoong punched Changmin.

“I can’t believe you’ll do this to her. Just wait Changmin…I know you’ll regret it once you know the truth…” With that Jaejoong left Changmin dumbfounded. What does Jaejoong hyung meant? That’s the question that is lingering on his mind.

While in the hospital, Soo Ae is fighting for her life. The doctor told Yunho that she got stressed and suffers from too much emotional pressure, and that made her condition worst.

“Yunho, don’t worry everything is going to be fine. She’s a strong girl…” Jaejoong tried to comfort Yunho.

“I hope so…I don’t want her to leave me. She’s too young.” Yunho said as he cupped his face with his two hands. Soon, the doctor came out from the room.

“Mr. Jung, she’s still unconscious and her condition got worst. I’m afraid that she’ll not make it. I’m sorry…” The doctor bowed and left. Yunho and Jaejoong entered Soo Ae’s room. He walked over to her bed and holds her hand.

“Dongsaeng, don’t leave oppa alone. You’re a strong person. Please…wake up now…dongsaeng…” Yunho’s tears started to fell down. He felt Soo Ae’s fingers move. Soo Ae’s eyes opened slowly and she looked at his brother.

“Oppa…” She mumbled against the oxygen mask. She tried to remove it and Yunho helped her.

“Oppa…” She mumbled again. Jaejoong and Yunho looked at him.

“Can…you get my cellphone…” She asked. Luckily, Jaejoong picked her cellphone before leaving Changmin;s house. He handed it to her.

“Oppa deul, can you leave me alone first….I want to be alone…” She asked and they nodded. They walked to the door and took a glance to her. They closed the door behind and just waited outside.

Soo Ae made a voice record. Soon, she called Yunho and Jaejoong. They went inside and walked over to her side.

“Oppa deul…can you take care of Changmin for me… I don’t think that I can make it. I’m already tired, and I want to have rest…Jaejoong oppa and Yunho oppa don’t get mad at Changmin oppa..please…and also..give this to him and tell him that I record a message for him.” She handed them her cellphone.

“Soo Ae, you can make it..Don’t leave us…” Yunho said as he hold her right hand

“Soo Ae, you’re strong..please..don’t give up…” Jaejoong hold her other hand.

“Oppa deul, thank you for taking care of me…I love you all…” Soo Ae slowly closed her eyes. The monitor started to beep, indicating that the patient’s heart already stopped.

“NO…ANDWE..Soo Ae…wake up..please…” Yunho tapped her cheeks..but still now sign of response from her. They called the doctor, but then it’s no use. Jaejoong called Changmin and told him the news. He was shocked and then he rushed to the hospital, when he got there, he saw Yunho and Jaejoong crying. He’s afraid to go near them. He can’t believe it. It was just few hours ago when he and Soo Ae celebratedtheir one year anniversary and then this happened.

“Changmin ah…” Jaejoong looked at him with puffy eyes due to crying.

“Where…Where is she?” He stuttered, he wants to see her even though he’s not yet prepared. Jaejoong pointed at the room. He slowly opened the door to find a body covered by white cloth. He went over to her and he slowly removed the blanket to took a last glance of her face.

“Mianhae…Mianhae..Soo Ae….i didn’t mean to say those words…I finally realized it; I’m just blinded by lust. I still love you…why did you leave me? I’m sorry to break my promise to you….I’m sorry…” He cried as he hugged the cold body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

On the funeral day, Yunho decided to give the phone to Changmin. He leaves him to be alone first. He scanned the voice recording list. Soon, he started to hear the voice that he misses so much, the girl that he love so much but he just betray her.

“Annyeong oppa, this is your princess. Oppa, don’t be sad when I already left. You’re not the one who lied also.Sorry oppa, I didn’t tell you about my condition. I have a heart disease….Oppa, I love you so much…thanks for all the memories….Oppa, please move on and try to forget about me. I want you to be happy, and also…oppa, please take care of your eyes….maybe you’re wondering who is the donor of your cornea…Oppa, I’m your donor. I lied, I’m not really blind. When I found out about my heart disease, I thought that I will not really stay in this world longer. So, I decided to help you. Oppa, i love you that’s why I did that. I forgave you even though it hurts very much to hear those words from you. Oppa Saranghae…goodbye…”

Changmin dropped the phone and he knelt down. He suddenly burst out crying. How can he betray her and say that he’s getting tired to take care of a blind girl, when she’s the reason why he get his eyesight back again. Why did he take care of her and show how much he loves her before she left? He just wish that he can bring back the time again.

“Changmin don’t blame yourself…I think she wants you to be happy now.” Jaejoong suddenly came and comfort him.

“Hyung, it’s my fault..I’m such a fool..to let go of her…to betray her…I just wish that I can bring back time again. How can I be happy? She’s not by my side…” Changmin continue crying.

“I know, she’s here with us…she’s watching you….” Jaejoong patted his back and hugged his cousin.

*E.N.D O.F F.L.A.S.H.B.A.C.K*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`````

Changmin visit Soo Ae’s grave, it’s her death anniversary, it’s been a year since she died. And also, it’ll be their second year anniversary if she’s still alive. Changmin still didn’t move on. He always remember that day, their anniversary, the day when she found out that he’s cheating and also her last day in the world.

“My little princess, I’m sorry, I can’t move on, and I’ll never will, I know you want me to find a girl for me, but I don’t want…I don’t want to replace you…I still love you.....Just wait for me…I really miss you…I know we’ll get to see each other soon…Saranghae…” He placed a bouquet of red and white roses, he suddenly saw her from her afar. She’s wearing a white dress and she’s smiling at him, and then she disappeared. He really misses her so much.

“Changmin ah, let’s go now…” Jaejoong called him. He nodded and took a last glance in her grave.

“I’ll be back again…my princess..I love you…”

 

*T.H.E E.N.D*

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``