Don’t give up.

I Miss You...

201212121447524477285.jpg

“Jong-Woo yah, are you back?” said Su-Yeon in the room.

“Yes, I’m back!” Jong-Woo opened the door and came in the house.

He took off his shoes and jacket, and then took a deep breath before he continued talking.

He looked extremely tired. However, he practiced to smile for several times in front of the mirror so that Su-Yeon would not find out that he had a bad time with his father.

“Su-Yeon ah, what are you doing?” Jong-Woo put the food his just bought on the table and looked around to find where Su-Yeon was.

“I’m in the room! Hey, Jong-Woo yah, help me open the door!” Su-Yeon shouted.

Jong-Woo quickly came to the door of their room and opened it for Su-Yeon.

“Oops!” As the door opened, the things that Su-Yeon was holding fell on the floor.

“Oh! Su-Yeon ah, what are these things?” Jong-Woo asked Su-Yeon while picking up the things in a hurry.

“Sorry! Jong-Woo yah. See, this is the cane that I made for Jun several years ago. He hasn’t used it to walk for a while after being asked to stay in the hospital. And this is the toy that his mother left for him. He always held this when he felt nervous or anxious. As for this picture, remember? It’s Jun when he was a child. I’m ganna take all these to the hospital tomorrow. I hope he can recall some memories when he sees these things.” Su-Yeon took over the things from Jong-Woo and put them into a big bag.

“Oh, sounds like a good idea! But…Su-Yeon ah~” Jong-Woo stopped talking for a second.

“Actually, I wonder if we are helping Jun or doing harm to him…. What if he cannot recall some good memories but only recall those bad ones? That would probably make things even worse….” Jong-Woo raised his head and looked at Su-Yeon seriously.

“…….” Su-Yeon was silent.

She stopped her actions and looked at Jong-Woo as well.

“Then what should we do? Jong-Woo yah~ this is the only way that I can come up with to help Jun…. Also, we can’t control Jun’s will to only remember the good things and forget all the bad ones. That’s unfair to him. All we can do is to help him pick up as many memories as he can, and then we can keep him accompany to go through those unhappy moments.”

“Yeah… I agree with you. Let’s help Jun together. Don’t worry, he’s my relative. I’ll do whatever I can to assist you, alright?” Jong-Woo stood up and hugged Su-Yeon.

“Umm… thank you, Jong-Woo yah.” Su-Yeon hugged Jong-Woo as well.

 

“Oh.” Su-Yeon looked straight into Jong-Woo’s eyes.

“How’s your father? You haven’t told me anything about your meeting with him yet. What’s up? Did he still refuse to open his heart to you?” asked Su-Yeon.

Jong-Woo sighed. He walked to have a seat on the sofa without saying a word.

“Say something, Jong-Woo yah.” Su-Yeon sat beside Jong-Woo on his right-hand side.

Jong-Woo leaned lightly against her left shoulder. “Su-Yeon ah… I don’t know what I should do. I feel so painful. My father doesn’t want me to go there once again. He hasn’t realized how much I love him and we don’t blame on him anymore….” Jong-Woo closed his eyes to calm himself down a little bit.

“Jong-Woo yah, don’t give up. Never give up.” Su-Yeon leaned her head on Jong-Woo’s.

“Give your father some time, give Jun some time, give ourselves some time. Huh? Don’t worry…. Don’t give up….”