How can I help you?

I Miss You...

1121606.jpg

 

“Su-Yeon? Lee… Su-Yeon?” Hyung-Jun looked straight into Su-Yeon’s eyes.

Su-Yeon and Jong-Woo stopped talking. They looked at each other first, and then slowly turned to Hyung-Jun with their astonished facial expression.

 

 

“Jun ah~ What did you say? Say that again, please. Say that again!” Su-Yeon kneeled down in front of Hyung-Jun’s wheelchair.

“Su-Yeon ah~ Calm down. I know you are very excited now, but don’t scare him anyway. I think he really starts to recall something.” Jong-Woo squatted down beside Su-Yeon.

“Alright, I see…. I will control myself well.” Su-Yeon took a deep breath and told Hyung-Jun, “Jun ah~ Don’t worry. I will help you. I will help you remember everything. Don’t worry…!”

Hyung-Jun didn’t say anything else. He gently wiped the tears from Su-Yeon’s eyes and gave her the flower he just picked up from the floor.

“Thank you, Jun ah~ Thank you! We will be back tomorrow. Be nice to the doctors and nurses, alright? Good boy.” Su-Yeon stood up and patted Hyung-Jun on his shoulder.

“Go mang, see? Su-Yeon is crying for you! Is that what you want to see? Cheer up! Trust me, you can recover soon! Let’s get over all of the unhappiness together, okay? Fighting!” Jong-Woo talked to Hyung-Jun when he was trying to carry him back in bed.

Hyung-Jun smiled. He closed his eyes and turned to the other side.

“Let’s go, Jong-Woo yah.” Su-Yeon said.

“Umm, let’s go.” Jong-Woo held Su-Yeon’s hand, leaving the room.

 

 

***

 

 

“Jong-Woo yah, how can we help Jun?” Su-Yeon murmured as they back at home.

“I don’t really know, either…. Perhaps we can show him some pictures or tell him some stories that we had experienced together.” Jong-Woo tried to offer some suggestions while he was packing things again in order to meet his father, Han Tae-Jun.

“Su-Yeon ah~ I’m going to meet my dad now. You don’t have to come if you don’t want to see him…. I mean, stay home, alright? I can go there by myself. Stay home and figure out what we can do for Kang Hyung-Jun. I will be back soon, don’t worry.” Knowing that Su-Yeon might not want to meet Han Tae-Jun since he was the person that caused all these disasters, Jong-Woo decided to go to the jail on his own.

“Umm, be careful, Jong-Woo yah. Oh, take this with you. Perhaps your father would like to have some.” Su-Yeon gave Jong-Woo a box of kimchi and kimbab made by herself.

Yes, she really hated to hear Han Tae-Jun’s name, not to mention that asking her to meet Han Tae-Jun in person. However, she could not deny the truth that Han Tae-Jun was Han Jong-Woo’s father, no matter how reluctant she was to accept it. Therefore, she still tried her best to understand Han Tae-Jun so that Jong-Woo would not have too much remorse for what his father had done to Su-Yeon.

“Thank you, Su-Yeon ah. Thanks for your understanding.” Jong-Woo kissed Su-Yeon on her brow. 

 

 

***

 

 

“How are you, father?” Jong-Woo stood up when Han Tae-Jun was sent to the meeting room of the jail.

“Umm.” Han Tae-Jun sat down without taking a look at his son.

“Why are you here? You clearly know that I don’t need your sympathy.” Han Tae-Jun put his right hand on the table and looked at his left side.

“Father, it has been almost a year since you’re here. Su-Yeon and I are worried about your condition…. See, Su-Yeon made this for you. This is kimchi and this is kimbab. Su-Yeon is very good at cooking. Please have some.” Jong-Woo tried to be as polite as he could so that his father would not be so sensitive about his coming. He took out the boxes that Su-Yeon prepared for his father, hoping that he would at least have some.

“Take that away.” Han Tae-Jun pushed the boxes back to Jong-Woo’s front.

“Don’t mention that woman’s name again. You… Han Jong-Woo, my only son, didn’t follow your own father just to win that woman’s heart?! So ridiculous. I am now in jail and you two are having a wonderful life out there. Happy now? Is this what you want to see? You were once the ONLY person that I could trust in this world, but look at me now. I have nothing but a suit of prison clothes. Hahahahaha.” Han Tae-Jun was so angry that he couldn’t control his bad temper anymore.

“Get out. Go away. Enjoy your new life with that poor woman. Guard? Guard? I wanna go back. Let’s go.”

The guard came in and took Han Tae-Jun away.

Jong-Woo was alone in the meeting room.

“Father… You are my father… my dearest family member…. Can’t we repair our relationship…? Let me help you to start a new life… please….” Tears went down Jong-Woo’s cheek.

 

“Han Jong-Woo, my silly son, don’t waste your time here. You will have a better life without me. Let me take what I deserved.” Han Tae-Jun murmured when he was sent back to jail.