Chapter 2/2

Just the two of Us

 

The weather today is being nice to them. The sun shines perfectly for memories that Jongin will create in his camera.

 

Kyungsoo wears a white v-neck top and short. When they arrived, Kyungsoo can't help but to run around the beach.

 

"Jongin!" Kyungsoo waves to him and all he thinks is he is to cute to be true.

 

"You're so cute." Jongin smiles as he goes forward Kyungsoo.

 

"I'm not cute." Then he pouted.

 

"Not cute indeed."

 

They walk around the beach and talk about being the sea. While Kyungsoo admires the beauty of the beach, Jongin started to capture the moment of beauteous.

 

The perfect blue sky matches the clear sea and with Kyungsoo's smile, the picture is complete.

 

They spend their time in the beach until sunset.

 

The orange sun kisses the blue sea, disappearing in the night sky. They cherish the moment by watching how the sky becomes dark.

 

"Can we stay?" Kyungsoo ask with eyes full of hope that the younger would stay with him.

 

"Yes. We can."

 

Kyungsoo smiles and that's what Jongin wants to see forever.

 

***

 

"Where are we going today?" A curious boy in jumper asks.

 

"You really look especially cute today." Jongin wants to hug him but Kyungsoo's face say off because he doesn't like compliment such as 'cute'.

 

"Shut up, Jongin. How many times do I have to tell you I'm not cute."

 

"You saying that makes you more cute than usual." Jongin laughs as he teases him.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, walks toward the bus stop, and left the younger behind.

 

"Hey! hyung. I was just joking. You're so ing manly ok?"

 

The bus comes that makes Jongin run for it.

A empty seat was filled by them. Kyungsoo is still angry at him.

 

"Hyung, don't you want to know where are we going?"

 

"Where?" He can't help but to be curious though he still wanted to be angry with Jongin.

 

"Namsan tower."

 

"Is that where couples go?"

 

Jongin felt a sudden heat on his face. Yes he wants to go there with Kyungsoo but as someone special to him not like this. Not like a plain friend that takes him out because he likes him and this special doesn't know anything about his intentions.

 

"Yes.. but it's a tourist spot here in Seoul so maybe we could see it. Haven't you been in Namsan tower with your girlfriend?"

 

"I haven't and I didn't have any girlfriend since birth."

 

"So it means it's your first time going there?"

 

"Yes."

 

Jongin felt his heart dance to the beat of dugeun degeun.

 

***

 

When they arrived at Namsan tower, Jongin lost Kyungsoo.

 

"Aigoo. Where did hyung go?" The younger saw him looking at the padlocks. It was beautiful. Different colors with different promises. This is the paradise of love and promises. This is where people put all their hopes and that they will be forever with the one they love. This is what Jongin wants too yet he can't hold on to it. There is always the possibility that not everything he wishes for will ever come true.

 

"Jongin."

 

"Hey hyung! Where have you been?"

 

"I bought padlocks for us."

 

On the sea of promises, Jongin didn't put anything he was glad that he met Kyungsoo and he wrote on his padlock, "You are someone special. Thanks for coming into my life."

He immediately put his lock on his desired slot. He doesn't want Kyungsoo to see where he put his hopes. He looks for him. In the sea of promises, beneath the bright blue sky, he captured the moment where Kyungsoo put his 'promise' for his special someone.

 

Before leaving the memorable tower Jongin take a peek on Kyungsoo's padlock. " I'm so glad I met you. Thank you for everything Jongin."

 

The angels ring the bell and started singing.  Cupid hit a bull's eye and Jongin's mind is full of doodle.

 

I think I need to make a move. It's now or never.

 

***

City lights starts to open. Streets are filled with people wanting to step into their houses. Stars filled up the dark sky and Jongin's mind is as bright as the moon up above. As they walk side by side, the back of their hands brushing and Jongin can't help but to reach out Kyungsoo's fingers. No one flinched and its a sign. A finger reach for the other until it finds itself the space to interlock. Awkward yet it feels good. Jongin felt happiness that him pull Kyungsoo closer. Chest to chest. Heartbeats are in synchronized rythm. Perfect height difference. The world is empty as of the moment. Slowly making the move. Two heads becoming one. A kiss. Jongin holds Kyungsoo likes there no tomorrow. The gesture that change their lives.

 

"Kyungsoo, I love you."

 

This is the feeling that everyone needs to experience and yes, Jongin is in love.

 

 

***

 

Days passed and every moment for the becomes sweeter. Jongin took every moment that Kyungsoo smiles. Everywhere and anywhere, every place for him is full of colors, everywhere with him is heaven. On their anniversary, Jongin compiled every photo he had of Kyungsoo and made it into a book of memories and happiness. Kyungsoo smiles as he received the gift. Yet Jongin never thought that months that turned into years would be gone one day. Kyungsoo disappeared. Jongin waited always at the cafe. He didn't came back. What did I do? Where did I go wrong? He thought. His heart breaks into million pieces. Not even a single goodbye.

 

Another morning starts to shine. Light peeks at the slight opening of his curtain. He tries to get up though he has fallen too hard. Sleep is his only company. Breathing seems so hard.

 

Can I sleep forever?

 

In the midst of abyss eating him alive, something makes him awake. For the last time he wants to try.

 

He ended up sitting in his favorite spot in the café. Americano tastes more bitter than usual.  The café looks like a 80’s film. Everything is in black and white. Jongin can’t feel anything. He lost himself.  He lost his interest. He holds onto the memories that he had.  He looks around he sees Kyungsoo’s favorite spot.  The seat is empty so does his heart. He forgot about his photo shoots and deadlines. He didn’t care anymore. All he need is to know why an angel would disappear in his world.   

“Hey.” Joonmyun pats Jongin’s shoulder. He was away, his body is in this place, his mind was lost somewhere and his heart is nowhere to find.

“Hey, Joonmyunie.” Eyes locked in the place where he first saw his love.

“Kyungsoo went here few days ago.”


“What?”

“Sorry. I didn’t tell you because he told me so. He asked me if I could give this letter to you but he wanted me to give it to you after a month. Seeing you like this makes it hard for me to keep it. So here. Whatever happened to the both of you, I hope you both have a happy ending.” Joonmyun handed the letter.

Hearts shattered all over the place and he hopes that this letter can give it back. 

 

 

Jongin,


                        You might be really angry with me. This letter is for an apology. Sorry for leaving you like that. I know I’ve been really selfish leaving you behind. You don’t how much I wanted to thank you every day for making me see the beauty of this place. Though we’ve been in few places I’m still thankful. I’m so glad that I met you. You are someone that I’ll never forget. The booklet that you gave was wonderful. I cried every night looking at it. I thought you were really a great person. I hope someday you’ll find someone that deserve your love. I wanted to stay with you but I think my time is up. I didn’t said goodbye because I can’t. I hate goodbyes. Saying goodbye to my Jongin breaks my heart and makes everything painful. I didn’t want you to be sad also so I wrote this letter. Your smile makes my day and seeing you cry will make my world fall apart. Sorry Jongin  but when the time you read this letter, I might be gone. Gone forever. So promise me you’ll look for someone who will make you smile, someone that will take care of you when you’re sick, and someone that will love you the way you loved that person. Jongin I regretted that I never said this to you when you said you love me, so I’m writing this with all my sincerity.

I love you , Jongin.
I loved you with all my heart.
I loved everything about you.
I love you, ok?

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Kyungsoo.

 

 

Tears falls. His world has fallen apart. The café seems empty and so does his heart. Clouds cry and his Americano becomes bitter than usual. Jongin loves Kyungsoo so much. That reality chewed him and his mind is in deep abyss. Kyungsoo is gone and so is Jongin.