Chapter 1/2

Just the two of Us

A/N: because Davichi's Just the two Us is in repeat and a story suddenly pop out in my head (excuse my english)

 

 

 

 

"Joomyunie. One americano." Jongin smiles as Joomyun takes his order.

 

"You're early today." Joonmyun smiles at him.

 

"Yes. I feel kinda sleepy. I'm fully awake by 5. Ugh. I still need to think what concept should I do for my next photoshoot." Joomyun takes his cash and handed him his change.

 

"You're always sleepy, Jongin."

 

"I'm forever sleepy, Joomyunie." Jongin smiles at Joonmyun.

 

"Go find your seat, Mr.Great photographer. And please I've been serving you here for months and you still can't pronounce myname properly. It's Joonmyun not Joomyun. Ok?" Jongin laughs at him like he said a joke in a serious tone.

 

"Sorry Snow white. I have a bad memory when it comes to names." Jongin shoots Joonmyun a wide grin and Joonmyun rolls his eyes at him.

 

Jongin sits in the table near the cashier. That's his favorite spot. He can see all people inside the shop and also the people outside.

 

He started to organize his camera. Adjusting the lens. Putting extra care on cleaning his baby. When he puts his eyes on the screen of his camera, he adjusted the brightness and putting the right pixel for surrounding. Looking at the screen, he found himself admiring a boy, sitting beside the glass window of the shop.

 

Jongin can hear his heart beats so fast. The sudden flicked of his camera makes him go back to reality. He didn't know how to react. On the camera screen, he saw a beautiful snapshot. It was a beautiful piece of art. He keep on staring at it with full of curiosity, nervous, and fear. With this unexplainable feeling, he wanted to approach the person in the picture but all he see is Joonmyun standing in front of him.

 

"Hey Dark Knight. Americano is here. Sorry for the delayed. The coffee maker was broken and I have to fix it." Jongin stands up and shoved Joonmyun to see the boy but he was gone.

 

Joonmyun was shaken up and he tried to protect the americano that he was holding."Hey what's the matter?"

 

Jongin lost his hope and sits down before taking his americano and drink almost half of it. "Nothing."

 

 

***

 

The bright blue sky is swarming above with the reflection of the yellow sun on the glass window. The green plants looks livier outside. With the perfect brown furniture inside the shop and the white tea cup above it. The boy was holding the tea cup wears grey shirt and black jeans matched it with red chucks.

 

Colors. That's what Jongin sees.

 

Add the perfect side profile of the boy: Pointy nose, plump lips, straight bangs, and the light that shines in his eyes.

 

Perfect. That's what Jongin sees.

 

Another day but Jongin feels like it was an hour ago when he took that pic. He saved it on his phone.

 

Will I ever see him again?

I want to see you.. but how?

 

The sound of the door opening makes his heartbeats fast, even faster when he saw the perfect boy that was in the picture.

 

He can't help but to be stunned by his perfection. His grip on the café latte that he is drinking is tightening. His lungs are suffocating. He watches the boy as he takes his seat on the same spot as yesterday.

Same angle. It’s like yesterday is today and everything falls right into place as he remember what he needs to do.  He wants to know him. Without any second thought he stand up and went to the boy.

Nervous like his first day in uni.
Happy like the time he got his DSLR camera.
Sad that everything might turn upside down.

What should I do?

“Uhm.. Hi.” The boy said. He has a doe-eye that shines in light of sun. Lips that’s tempting and his face that will be tattooed in Jongin’s mind now that he saw it clearly.
“Uhm.. hi.. too.” His eyes can’t stay still. He looks everywhere except on the spot where the boy is. His hands are sweating. His right one keeps on rubbing the back of his neck. His lips are sealed even though he wants to say something.

“Do you need something?” The boy asked him and added a smile at the end. That’s when Jongin can’t help but to put his head down because he is too cute and he feel the heat on his face.

“Hi. I’m Kim Jongin and.. I think… my.. I mean.. the… uhm… you… “ Stutter. Jongin feels like he only know three words.

“Would you like to have a coffee with me? So that you can say whatever you want to say?” Smile. Jongin felt the weakness of his knees, he really needs to sit.

 

"Yes.Sorry for bothering you."

 

"That's fine. It's great to talk to someone once in a while." The boy smiles again and Jongin's heart is going to fall anytime soon. soon.

 

"By the way, I'm Kyungsoo."

 

***

 

 

 

Dancing in cloud 9, sprinkled with butterflies beneath the rainbows, voices of angels singing in his ears makes his lips form into smile. The sound of the bell in the door makes his day. The smell of caffeine makes him alive and the sight of an angel waiting for him to come. Since the day that he approach Kyungsoo,all he wanted to do now is to talk to him. Every time they talk with each other, Jongin learn so many things about Kyungsoo. The way he smiles, how his eyes twinkles every time Jongin says compliments, the way he drinks his favorite hot chocolate, the way he talks in a cute manner, and the way he looks at Jongin that makes his heart jumps off the cliff.

 

What is this?

 

Am I in love?

 

I think so... because this feeling seems right.

 

"Do you want to go out?"

 

. He muttered.

 

What did I just say?

 

"Sure."

 

"What?"

 

"You asked me out, right?"

 

"Yes.. but this is not-"

 

"Date?"

 

"No. I mean. I-"

 

"Don't worry about that Jongin. I don't mind going out even if it's date or not."

 

Jongin felt an arrow on his chest. That voice keep on echoing on his mind.

 

Date?