PROLOGUE

Escaped

“ The night of the Red Moon around the corner, is everything ready by then?’ said the Highest Elder. Every 100 years the night of the Red Moon. For Gumihos it’s the night where they could re-energized themselves for the next hundred years of hiding and battling for their survival from the hunters

“Tell me Min Jae, do you see anything?” Min Jae the youngest of the attendants of the Highest Elder who has the ability to see things that might occur in the future.  “forgive me My Lord but my power can’t see what will happen under the grace of the Red Moon, I’m sorry.” She said apologetic “it’s alright child” “All I can see is fire and cries” she suddenly said her eyes were blank, looking so far. “fire? Cries?” what do you mean..explain further” demand by the Second Highest Elder  “forgive me but that is all that I saw.”  “it’s fine Min Jae..” then the door of the great hall open and Elder Eun Jung came “ Ah, there you are Eun Jung I wish to hear great new from the village” said the Highest Elder anticipating whatever news she had “Yes, I’m glad to bring you 9 maidens are now carrying with them their child” she said happily “ I just hope it won’t be the cries of the maiden giving birth is Min jae talking about.haha” said the other Elder and the other Elder laugh with his humor “ I guess not, the babies won’t be born after the night of the Red Moon, so I doubt we will hear their cries in that night” Eun Jung said “ so I see we have nothing to worry about, let’s go and prepare” said the elder.

                One of the maiden Yunhee ( who looks like Yoona) is walking at the river side “ baby, do you see what I see? You soon shall grace this beautiful world in just a matter of time, I can’t wait to see how lovely you are..to hold your little soft hands..(smile) to see you smile and how beautiful your eyes must be..” she said then a flash of eyes came to her mind the eyes of the person whom she share spiritual bond that give her the gift she is now carrying. “although I don’t you know if you’re going to be a boy or a girl but I hope you look like your father, even thought he is not with us nor I haven’t meet him at all. But I was hoping I could see him someday.” She prayed as she cares her round stomach.

                Gumihos and other mythical creature within the forest need not to make any physical contact to bear a seed,  it only happens spiritual, like a dream.  Spiritual encounter is all it takes for them to bear child. The maiden who had that encounter will awaken with a flower bud in her hand as a sign that a child is within her womb. On the other the man whom she meet in her dream will have a mark of a crescent moon on his palm until it became full moon as a sign of the maiden giving birth. The maiden will hold on the flower bud until it’s full bloom for her child to be born.

                “Captain..Captain! wake up” Luhan opened his eyes, “who was she..” he murmured “ huh? Captain the Master wants to see you” on e of the soldier hunter said and that brought Luhan to fully awaken “ what the master?” he said and the soldier nod. “ok I’ll be there” he said and rose to prepare, but while he is putting his clothes on the face of the maiden he dreamed he seem can’t to take off his mind , as he finished putting all his clothes he notice a crescent moon mark on his palm. He didn’t know where he got it, so he didn’t pay much attention to it. He hid it with his sleeve and went to the Master’s chamber where the Head of the Hunters awaits for him. As he reached its chamber he take a deep breath before going in.  “You called for me, Master” he said and bow for respect. “ ah yes, as you know the night of the Red Moon is about to come, and the Gumihos are preparing for their rituals. Finally the night that I have waited for eternity finally came. I could finally have their power and avenge those innocent people they killed.”

“I will set off the soldier for battle then My Lord.” He said “ Yes, and you could have your revenge on them as well Luhan, for attacking your village and for the deaths of your parents and..your dear sister.” Said the voice behind the shadow of the curtain. Luhan’s village were attack by creatures that he didn’t knew existed before not until that night.  He was 6 years old when that happen, he saw how his parents die and how the village burn to ashes as people tried to fight. He was hiding under their house when Sulli came out from hiding after she saw their mother died “ SULLI-ah!” he called her but the creature had her in its hand “Orabonim!” she called to him even thought he was 6 he grab the sword lying in the ground and point it on the beast. “let her go!” he shouted and the best turn to him “ HAHA! You’re brave boy, to think that you could kill me with that!” said the creature as it walk towards him. “ Let her go! Or I will kill you” he said “ ow, how about you try” the creature said teasing the young Luhan, he charge towards the beast but he flew and hit into a palm tree when it sway its arm towards him. “you will never defeat me, no humans will.. hahahaha” said the creature and was about to walk away, when half conscious Luhan speak again “ G-give me b-back my s-sister!” he manage to shout “ ow so you’re still alive, how brave of you boy! And for that I’ll let you live. I’ll spare your life until you’re strong enough to kill me.” It said and laugh “Orabomin!!!Orabomin!!” Sulli called for him “ Sulli-ah..” it’s all he could manage to say before losing consciousness.

                When he woke up the Master found him and took him in his care. He trained him how to fight and everything to know about magical creature like the one that attack their village. He followed it without any complain, but sometimes there is something in his eyes that made Luhan uneasy and afraid like the feeling he had when the creature is looking at him. They travel around the country and took with them every orphan they run into every village and train them to become hunters. Neophytes, on their first hunt, if they killed a magical creature they could attain its power and they were rewarded with a power that turn their eyes into Red as a sign of becoming a hunter. And that’s how Luhan attained his Red Eyes.

                “Finally the day had come” Eun Jung said as she stare the whole village from her window. Then a knock on the door disturb her attention. “come in” she said, it was Min Jae Highest Elder’s attendant. “ Min Jae, sis the elder summoned me?” she ask “ No…my Lady” Min Jae said even though she don’t say it Eun jung could feel that she’s unstable and tense “what is wrong?” she ask seriously to let her know that she’s sensing her uneasiness. “ My Lady..last night I dreamed something will happen at the night of the Red Moon. Something will come to the village..” she said franticly “ and the babies..” “wait, what babies?” Eun Jung cut her “babies will be born under Red Moon tonight, but they will be killed, You have to save them My Lady..” she begged. “ don’t worry nothing will come harm to those babies, if what you see is right we will never let that happen so ,please..be at peace, come we need to hurry the ritual is about to start.” “but, My Lady..” she said “Min Jae, please be at peace..you look tired my child, rest her for a while ok..” Eun Jung said as she touches Min Jae’s face. When she was about to turn and hid for the door Min Jae grab the tail of her robe “ Please my lady, I do not fear of what will come to me, but please believe me. “ Eun Jung looked at her as she looked straight in her eyes “ I have to go” she said and released her robe from Min Jae’s grip “ Please! Save the babies! You must!” it’s all she heard after vanishing in the dark corridor of the hall.

                As everyone gathered in the great hall where the ritual is both to held. “ MY DEAR SISTERS AND BROTHERS ONCE AGAIN THE RED MOON IS ABOUT TO APPEAR AND GRACE US WITH IT’S BLESSINGS, FOR TONIGHT WE, GAIN MORE POWER TO PROTECT US FROM THOSE WHO TRIES TO HUNT US DOWN, AS FOR TONIGHT WE WILL SHOWER OURSELVES WITH IT’S POWER!” said the Highest Elder and the villagers scream with praise but “AAAHHHHHH!!!!” a scream from the back and another scream in the middle that made everyone uneasy.  Yunhee look around as she worried by the screams. Until she felt a pain in her stomach  “AH!! Baby…” then she felt a painful hurt in her stomach “ AAAAHHHHHHH!!!”

                Everyone don’t know what to do, “what is happening?” one of the Elders ask  “are we under attack? Guards!!!” then soldiers scan the hall. “NO! bring the maidens in front!” Eun Jung shout “ what is going on Elder Eun Jung?” Said the Highest Elder.“ the babies…they’re coming just like Min Jae said!” she said and descended from the Elders throne. “attendant’s made a cove hurry!” she instructed her attendants to made a cover where the maiden could delivery their babies. As soon as the cove is made she have the guard laid them down “ be on guard, be sharp someone might try to harm the babies” she said before totally sealing the cove.

                “ Their been there for so long and the Red Moon is at its peak any time now..” “ Elder we have to get  the ritual started.” Said the other elders. “let’s just wait for a little bit”.

                Yunhee don’t know how to describe the pain as she push all her strength to give birth, she and the other 8 maidens are suffering the same pain as one Elder and it’s attendants help them deliver.

                While preparing for an attack, Luhan and the others hunters wait for the signal to attack in the darkness of the forest unable to see their target until he felt something in his heart “Ah!” he clutch his chest “ Captain are you ok?” “Yes, I’m fine” he said and he notice the mark on his palm turned into full moon “what is this..” he said, “ you’re maiden has given birth to your child captain” said the soldier in his left “ my what?” he ask  “you’re maiden, that mark is a sign that you have spiritual encountered with a maiden who will bear your child, crescent moon indicates you meet her and share something, as for her, she have a bud of flower in her hand when she wakes up and if it blooms it’s time when the child is about to be born, and as for the father full moon indicates it’s birth.” Explained by the soldier which Luhan and the other’s look at him like his crazy “ how do you know so much about it?” “ well after I became one of the magical I notice it’s different from mortals, they could bear child with physical encounter and have weddings to seal their love. Well I used to have one it’s what you call wife.” He said everything he heard to the soldier trilled him, his a father now, how could he forgot he was once a mortal too.

                Elders and villagers waited for Eun Jung and the maidens to come out of the cove “their holding the ritual for so long now, let’s start.” Said the Second Highest Elder. “Elder, we have no choice, we have to begin the ritual without Eun Jung, or we will miss this chance.” Said the other Elder “ very well then, let’s start the ritual” The highest Elder said. As he began enchanting the incantation, the villagers followed chanting  as soon as the finished the incantation and the moon is in its perfect position a cry rose from the cove. “ is that..” said the one of the Elder. As the grass cover dissolve to the ground Eun Jung was at view holding a baby in her arm.  “they made it!” everyone in the great hall rejoices. The Elders descended from their  thrones and went closer to Eun Jung who is covered with blood “ they made it, 9 baby girls are born my Lord “ she said as they get a closer look at the babies, they open their eyes and meet the Red Moon, glowing blue eyes greet them.

                Yunhee was so glad that she made it throught, she was holding her child in her arm, she feel so small in her hands as is she’s going to fall from her hands, “here..” Eun Jung helped her hold her baby properly, and as she open her eyes she gasp. “ Red….” “what is that my child” said the Elder as she look at the baby “Red Eyes..” Eun Jung gasp as well as she looked at the eyes of the baby. “My..Red as the moon..” she mumble.  The other Elders went to Yunhee “ may I my child, said the Second Highest Elder  and she raise her baby towards him. “ Elder look at this.” The Highes Elder took the child and went closer to Yunhee, “ My dear…you have a very beautiful child.” “is…is my child curse? She’s the only one who has eyes like that..” “I don’t know as well, in my entire life this is the first I ever encounter such eyes..but I don’t think they are curse, perhaps I’ll think of is as a gift, a very rare gift.” “thank you, my Lord.” “As for this night, with the Red moon gaze upon us, I shall bless this children to be healthy and protected in every harm’s way” as he finished the blessing the Red Moon shine brightly and showered the babies with light, until and attack was heard outside the wall of the great wall.

                Luhan saw the Red Moon shine brightly and it was the sign he was waiting for. “NOW!” he instructed the archers to shoot as he caught site of a barrier getting weaken and totally vanished revealing the village of the Gumihos in site of the Hunters. “CHARGE!” Luhan signed and they stormed inside the village and kill every gumihos they came across in their way. “ Kill them all!” he shouted and the soldiers scream in answer, “you, come with me!” he said then run towards the great hall where the elders and the new born babied are.

                Everything is on fire, Yunhee could hear the cries and howl of her kind gumihos as they fought to protect their village, “come on!” one of the attendants of the Elder help her, she haven’t recovered from giving birth so she can’t move and run fast “where are we going?” she manage to ask “ we need you to get to a safer place, you and your baby and the others too.”You die!” one of the hunter caught up and was about to jump at her and kill her when the attendant shield herself and take the attack.  The attendants only got hit in the arm as she turn to her with a gumiho eyes “ RUN!” she said run but all she could see are gumihos fighting and fire everywhere, when she didn’t notice a rock and got trip she turn herself so she hit the ground first securing the baby in her arms.

                “why is this happening?” the Highest Elder ask as he look around him. “ You need not to know, for you will die soon” said the Second highest Elder as his eyes changed from blue to red. “ You! How could you..” the Elders are so surprise caught off guard by the enemy. “well simple, to have your power” he said and grim as he attack the Elders and bit them to their power.
                Eun Jung saw how the Second Elder attack the others, she was in raged and burst her tails into view. “YOU!” she said as she defended the Highest Elder “ my..my Eun Jung, I never knew you had this feisty in you” he said laughing “ but you should have believed that poor little Min Jae when she came to you” he said  and Eun Jung remember she haven’t seen Min Jae ever since  “what have you done to her?!”  “now..now don’t be mad, let’s just say I have her the peace you said she needed” he said and grim devilishly “ YOU! I’m going to kill you!” “ ow please, I’ve heard that a million time already” he teased when Eun Jung was about to attack the Highest Elder stop her “ no, Eun Jung go and get the babies to safety, there must be a reason why they where burn under the Red Moon” said the Eldest Gumiho “ but..” “GO!” she hurl at her. She called her attendants and instructed to save the new born and their maidens.

                Yunhee, felt a pain in her back but she ignored it. The baby cried as she tried to get up, and a hunter was on her. “there you are, be nice and don’t run this will be soon be over and your baby as well” his red eyes flicked in the fire.

                Luhan cut through another gumiho as he scout for another prey, when he was someone sitting on the ground holding a baby in her arm as a hunter in front of her was about to had his attack, when another gumiho tried to shield the other. As he was about to turn away his mark burn in his hand and the baby that the maiden was carrying cried, it cried for him to save them. As the maiden turn her held to protect the child he caught a glimpse of her face, it was her. His maiden, adrenaline took over and he was there in a flash, the soldier and his sword clash creating a sound, shock took over the soldiers face as he push and slice him with his sword.

                Yunhee, thought her life flash before her eyes  she’s not afraid to died but she’s afraid for her new born  baby, as she awaits for the sword to cut her flesh she hug her baby close to her and shut her eyes..but no sword ever came to her as she opens her eyes and saw a man shield them with his sword and slice the soldier dead, he stood there his back on her. She pushes her feet to get away from him, “don’t move” he said she went still the familiarity of the voice stopped her from moving and when he turned to her, it was him. The man in her dream and the father of her child, he was everything she had hoped him to be. And his eyes the same as their baby red and the crimson moon above them.

                Luhan was looking at her, his heart yearn to hold her, he had killed a hunter with his own sword just to save a gumiho, he didn’t know the answer himself. “are you ok?” he manage to ask “ yes, we’re fine” and when she answered him the horror he felt vanished. “our baby?” he didn’t know what come to him that he said ‘our’ “ she’s fine…” she said and showed him their baby, his heart felt warm as he look at the baby, she was looking at him too and smile, his hand left on its own trying to touch the baby’s face but he stop half way and look at the maiden “may i?” “of course, you are her father” she said and with that he slowly touch the babies face and it’s little hand grab his finger and held it tight as if saying ‘hello’ to him.

                Eun Jung search the hall and found her horror strikes her when she saw a hunter beside her, she move as fast as she can and get to her side she  pushed the hunter away from the maiden and but he managed to fall on his feet. “no! please” she heard her plead and looked at her “ why are you defending this hunter” she hurl at her “ he save me, please Elder!” she continued to beg but when the hunter is on his feet again she turn to him and position for an attack, “NO!” she cried when she lunch and attack him, but he was good he can dodge her attacks. They exchange fist and kicks and off to the air for a combat. Eun Jung released and energy ball so as the hunter and their power meet and explode in the dark sky, Eun Jung landed near the maiden her attendants guarding her and her baby “ please, I begged of you” she ignore her plea, and was about to lunch for an attack when she suddenly felt a heavy aura covering her, she can’t move in fear. It’s not just her but everyone in the great hall felt that aura.  She could felt a stare in her back and when she turn she saw the baby’s red eyes glow as the Red moon turned Crimson like blood.  “Please, his the father of my child” the maiden said.

No..is the child trying to protect her father..but..with this power.. Eun Jung said in her mind as she looked in the child’s eyes. “alright” she manage to say and the aura vanished.

“That Child!” the Master felt it and now his after the babies “ BRING THE BABIES TO ME!” he ordered.

“NO!” Luhan shouted as he looked horrified when the master is after his child.” Please, get them somewhere safe, it’ll hold them until I can” he begged to the Elder Gumiho. “You need not to tell me” Eun Jung answered him  “thank you!” surprise but what the hunter said she just nod and took the maiden in her arm “ no.. please…wait!” Luhan turn “ I’ll find you..” he said and vanished into the fire.

“I won’t let you have those children! Never!” The eldest Elder said. “ really? STOP me!” said the Master and charge to attack, the other elders failed to stop him and died.

“Hurry!” Eun jung said as they dash towards the East gate of the village. “Where are we going Elder?” “I don’t know, but we just have to get away from here as fast as we can.” She said as they reached the East gate, Yunhee fall on the ground. “ you go please, leave me here” “no! we need you and the babies safe, that was I promised to everyone and to her father” Yunhee smiled at the Elder “ thank you, but please I’ll just slow you down., just keep them safe for me” she said  Eun Jung went closer and give her the baby “ at least give her a name before we leave you” she said Yunhee took the baby and smile at her “ I name her Yoona…my lovely baby” her tears fall from her eyes and drop into Yoona’s cheek “ I give you one thing” she put a necklace with something was wrap in it “ this will protect you  for me” she kissed her baby and give it back to the Eun Jung “Please..” “I will protect them in every way I can” the Elder promised her, they run towards the gate and vanished in the woods. She tried to regain her strength as she  look at the Red Moon “ please..please give me strength to fight…to fight for those I love” she prayed, she felt her body slowly getting stronger as she dash into the village of fire and letting her tails lose in range. Killing every hunter she run into.

                Luhan, fought against the kind he was once belonged, for the sake of his child. “LUHAN!” he heard the Master called him as he drop the dried body of the Eldest Elder. “ I see, you have change your loyalty” he said “ seems I have. Master” Luhan said and it leave a bitter taste on his mouth “ Master..ha!hahhahaha!” “ whatever you’re planning with those children I will never let you touch them” he said pointing the sword to his once master “ now, this looks familiar, isn’t Luhan..” the Master said. As Luhan realized what he said his eyes widen in range “YOU…You’re the one who attack that night!” “BINGO!” the beast said griming. “ARGH!!” Luhan lunch for and attack but the soldiers he once lead was now fighting against him.  When he felt an strong aura coming towards them, he can’t be mistaken it’s a gumiho a powerful one. He the aura came closer and closer, the soldiers one by one vanished as an invisible whip slice everyone it hit.  “Luhan!” he heard her call it was her “ why did you return!” “haha! How romantic. So you came to save the one you love? Haha, this will be good” then the master vanished from here he is then appeared behind Luhan and kick him.  “ Luhan!” Yunhee shouted as she face the beast in front of her, they were equal in strength and speed that the soldiers couldn’t see them fighting  and the whole hall was falling one place to the other, Luhan who hit his head hard on a huge rock could only see flashes of swords clashing together. “I can see you’re strong but are you strong enough to protect him!” said the master as he pointed where Luhan’s at hunters hand their sword on him. “NO!” Yunhee shouted and dash towards him but the Master caught one of her tails and spin her around and hit her into the walls of the halls. “NO!” Luhan shouted “ ow don’t be so dramatic Luhan she’s still alive, I want you to witness how she dies, just like you’re parents and your sister, ow I really enjoyed how she scream, it was like music in my ear..you know that.” The Master said and flew  to Yunhee’s side and grab her in the arm and twisted it backwards his other arm securing her neck “ now how shall I start?” “ you coward let her go!” “ ahh it’s getting loud in here could somebody make him quiet please..” the master said and one of the soldier hit Luhan on the back of his head that made him lose consciousness.

                Luhan woke up chained in both hands and legs on a huge rock. “ I see your awake Luhan, I want you to witness how I kill your precious gumiho” the master said holding a sword, his sword “ with your own sword”  yunhee was tied in the air her hands are chained and her tails as well. “what do you want!” “what do I want? Simple I want your child…” the master said. “ never!”  “very well, shall I start with her lovely face instead?” he said as he point his sword on her face “ no!” he screamed and tried to break free from the chains. “ ow don’t worry I won’t harm her lovely face, let’s start with her arm instead” and he cut through yunhee’s left arm that made her scream “ AAHHH!”  Luhan  went quiet “ he became quiet, maybe his mad now” the enemy said to Yunhee as he circle her around in the air. “ ahh I’m getting bored now, beside I don’t need your power I had plenty already.” He said and pointed out the dried bodies of the elders “ what are you?” yunhee manage to ask him “ me? Guess..” “you’re nor hunter or a gumiho…what are you?” she just grim “ very well since you’re about to die I’ll tell you…I’m a cousin of your kind, the one your ancestor vanished long ago..” he whispered and Yunhee’s eyes widen in horror “ warewolf…” she mumble “ I’m glad you know your history” he said and flew a little farther from her. “ too bad, but you’re going to die now..” he said as he pointed the sword and  trust towards her, but Luhan shield his body at her  “ how did you…” the Master was surprise but recovered.  “very well, Luhan I’ll leave you to die together, at least that’s my last gift to you..hahahaha!” the laughter lingers in every corner of the great hall “my love..” Yunhee said, but she two got trust but the sword. “release her, and let them die together. And now search those who escaped and bring me those babies!” the Master instructed and vanished in the dark forest so as his soldiers. “ Yunhee held Luhan tight in her arm as she tried to pull the sword away with her tail the chains loosen up and she slowly came down. “ please…please don’t die..” she said touching Luhan’s face. “ why did you come back?” Luhan ask as he touches her face “ I came back for you..” “I’m glad to see your face before I die..” “ssshhh, please you’re not going to die” “ the baby?” “ Yoona? She’s safe..” “Yo-Yoona?” “ yes, I named her Yoona..” she said touching his check “ it’s beautiful..” Luhan cough out a lot of blood. “ ow no..please..” “I want to see you’re smile for the last time..” he wished  and Yunhee offered her sweetest smile even though her eyes are covered with tears. “ and you’re name?..i  don’t know your name yet you know mine..” “ it’s yunhee..Yunhee my love.” “Yunhee…lovely..” slowly Luhan closed his eyes and his heart stop beating Yunhee could only hold him closed and cried in silent and whisper “ no, my love I won’t let you die..” then she slowly bend and her lips meet his.

                Eun Jung and her attendants reach the border of the mortal world and the forest. “ I guess were far enough for them to find us “ the maidens slowly died because of their wounds, and promised them to keep the babies safe.  As the other resting inside the cove they made to take cover, Eun Jung heard footstep in the woods, she hide as she check who it was and surprise to see an old lady wondering around in the dark forest in that hour  all by herself. “ow dear!” she was surprised as well. “ are you ok? You look hurt?” “ help us please..” she said to the old lady and gestured her attendants and the babies, and the old lady kind enough take them in her humble home.

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________

Hi guys, here I am again with another story

and i do hope you all enjoy this and 

please let me know what you think by

leaving comments below and don't forget to subscribe if you like it..

thanks a lot!!

muah!

Randomshipper and YoonYulti07

what you do you think?

P.S I deleted one of my story since i'm plannig something new about it..sorry