Four

Torn Between Two Lovers (Sequel to Photographs)

"Damn, I shouldn't have said that," Myungsoo said out aloud. He knows you've moved on so why does he keep bothering? He looked out the window to see you running towards a taxi. A thought popped into his mind. 

Might as well make things right. 

Quickly putting on a hat, sunglasses, and a surgical mask, Myungsoo left his hotel room to catch a taxi. 

"Where?" the driver asked him as soon as he got in. 

Crap. Myungsoo couldn't recall where you lived.

"S-sorry I don't really know," he stuttered as the driver gave him a glare. 

"Just give me a location, boy." 

Myungsoo racked his brain for answers. Didn't you tell him where you lived? Suddenly, he remembered. 

"The apartments in Jongno." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You stared at your boyfriend, who had ​his hands on a barely-clothed woman. 

"How long has this been going on?" you questioned, your throat tightening. You really didn't want to hear the answer. 

Saehyun didn't reply, instead his mistress did. "About a year," she said, her eyes averting to the ground. 

Twelve months. For twelve months this had been going on, and you were too blind to realize all the signs. Saehyun staying at work saying he needed to finish some paperwork. Him getting mad whenever you looked at his phone. It was all there. Saehyun didn't seem like the person to cheat but you now knew you couldn't trust anyone in this world. 

The girl took off Saehyun's hands from her body. "I really didn't know," she apologized, looking like she was about to cry, "I'm sorry." She grabbed her hoodie from a chair and threw it on. She looked at you with remorseful eyes, pleading you to forgive her. The girl looked just a few years younger than you, probably 18 or 19 years old. Against your will, sympathy overtook you. Then you remembered Saehyun was there. You gave him a venomous look.

"Why?" you asked, "Was I not enough?" 

He clenched his fists. "You never wanted to do anything more than just kissing."

"So you had to bring an innocent girl into this?" You gestured to his paramour. 

"I'm a man! I have needs!" he yelled. 

"I'm done," you announced, going to your bedroom, "Our relationship's over. I'm leaving." You hurriedly packed your belongings and went out to the main room, the front door still open. The girl had left, and Saehyun was sitting on a dining chair, his head in his hands. He raised his head once he heard your luggage's wheels rolling across the floor. 

"You don't-" Saehyun started to say but was interrupted by a visitor. 

"______?" a guy wearing all black called out, your name muffled by his surgical mask. You automatically knew who it was. 

"Why did you follow me?" you asked Myungsoo. Before he could reply, Saehyun got up. 

"Who the hell are you?" he demanded, not recognizing the celebrity.

"A friend of _____'s," Myungsoo answered curtly. He walked up to you and grabbed your arm. "Let's go." He pulled you away and led you to the elevator, Saehyun trailing behind. 

"Yah! You can't just leave!" Saehyun hollered as Myungsoo rapidly pressed the "close" button. As soon as the elevator doors closed, Saehyun's shouts were gone. 

Myungsoo looked at you with worry in his eyes. "You're going to tell me everything once we get back to the hotel."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So that's it." You looked down at your lap, fiddling with your hands. 

Myungsoo was motionless, then he exploded. "That's it?! That's all you're going to say?! Aren't you angry that he cheated on you?!" 

You jumped as he raised his voice. "It's not that-" 

"He had with another woman, ______. You're not even crying. How are you so nonchalant about it?" He paused, then lowered his voice. "Why did you even date him?" 

You were silent. 

Myungsoo paced around the room. "You know, I came to your apartment to apologize for saying things I shouldn't have said. I didn't expect any of this at all. Do you have any other place to go?" 

"My parents' house." 

"Aren't they an hour's drive away?" 

You nodded.

"No, you're staying here until everything's settled, okay?" You protested but he shushed you. "It's the least I could do."  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the next few weeks, you've been living at the hotel room, resuming your normal activities: studying, work, sleep, repeat. You didn't go out with your friends in fear that Saehyun might ask them about your whereabouts. The only thing that broke the monotony was Myungsoo's visits. He could only come when he wasn't busy, which was every few days. You texted him everyday, which lessened your loneliness but it still left a gap. With each Skype session and funny text, you felt more and more attached to him. You hated to say it but you thought you were falling in love with him again. 

One day, Myungsoo came by when he didn't have any schedules. He laid on the sofa, still exhausted from filming a commercial yesterday. 

You sat beside him. "Tired?" 

"Very." He massaged his temples. You knew idol life had taken a toll on him, and visiting you was an even bigger strain. He always had to be secretive; no one could know about your relationship. 

"Sorry about that. I'll get you some water," you said, getting up but he pulled you back. 

"Stay here with me. I don't get to see you very often," he mumbled, covering his eyes with the back of his hand. "So," he continued, "how's life?" 

You laughed. "Myungsoo, I text you everyday. You know what's going on." 

"I know. I just like hearing your voice." 

You turned away, heat rushing up to your cheeks.

"Have you moved on from Saehyun?" He continued interrogating you. 

"A loooong time ago." 

Myungsoo got up. "Who's the lucky guy?" 

"What? There's no one, promise." 

He raised an eyebrow. "I thought guys would be all over you." 

You raised your hand to playfully smack his arm but stopped. "Actually, there is a guy." 

"Who?" 

You hesitated, wondering if you should answer him truthfully. "You." 

Myungsoo's intense stare made you avert your eyes. You stuttered, "I-I mean, you're a great guy and-" 

He crashed his lips onto yours, not letting you finish your sentence. "Now you like me again," he joked once he pulled away.

You stuck your tongue out at him. "It's not like I never did." 

He kissed you once more. "This time, I'm never letting you go."