Three

Torn Between Two Lovers (Sequel to Photographs)

You raised your hand to knock on the wooden door but was interrupted by your cellphone buzzing, signalling a text from Saehyun. 

Hey. You're out of the house, right? 

Walking fast, you sat down on a chair at the end of the hallway. Did he know? 

Yeah, you texted back 

Almost immediately, he responded. 

Saehyun: How long are you going to be gone? 

You: I'm coming back home at one, I guess. Why do you want to know? 

Saehyun: Just wondering... So you know you won't be home until then? 

You: I'm pretty sure. 

Saehyun: Great. :) 

You didn't reply back. You were confused at his sudden texts. Saehyun never texted you at work. You just shook it off. Pocketing your phone, you walked back to room 407. You took a deep breath before rapping your knuckles on the room door. The door opened just a bit, showing eyes covered in black sunglasses. Once the person saw it was you, he swung the door open and pulled you in the hotel room, locking the door behind you in one swift motion. Myungsoo took off his glasses, revealing his eyesmile. 

"Wow, I didn't think you'd actually come here," he admitted. 

You chuckled. "I just wanted to talk to you again." 

He gestured to two seats in a corner. "I have a few hours to kill." 

You accepted his offer, and once you two started conversing, it felt like old times again. Before he left, he was one of your best friends. With Myungsoo, there were no awkward pauses in the conversation, just free-flowing words. He listened to all your problems, and you listened to his idol issues. After a while, you checked the time on your watch. 12:01 pm. 

"Myungsoo!" you said, surprised at the time. 

He widened his eyes. "What?" 

"We've just spent almost four hours just talking! Shouldn't we do something else? Like, I don't know, watch a movie?" 

He laughed. "I don't feel like watching a movie. Besides, I'm perfectly content with just talking to you. It takes away from all the stress as a celebrity." He lazily reclined in his chair. 

You grinned. "Remember how we used to spend hours and hours just talking about random stuff?" 

"Ha, yeah, those were the good old days." 

Resting your chin on the arm of the chair, you studied Myungsoo's features. He still looked the same, thankfully. There was no proof of plastic surgery. You and Myungsoo sat in comfortable silence until he piped up. 

"I still love you." 

A lump formed in your throat. "Myungsoo, I-" 

"You have a boyfriend, I know." The corners of his mouth turned down. "But what's so good about him?" 

You suddenly became angry. "Saehyun's loving. Kind. He likes to surprise me with gifts. My parents like him." 

"Is that all?" He raised an eyebrow. 

"He didn't ditch me to become famous."

You were shocked at your audacity. It wasn't Myungsoo's fault he wanted to become a singer. You immediately regretted saying that sentence once you saw his expression. Myungsoo's face was etched with hurt. 

"I didn't want to leave you," he said, his voice low. He stared at the ground. 

Sympathy replaced your anger. It was probably so hard for him to leave. You got up and rubbed his back. 

"I'm sorry," you apologized, "I really didn't mean to say that. It was just so lonely without you." 

Myungsoo then grabbed your wrist and held your hand in his. "_______, why don't we start over? Break up with Saehyun. You and me, just like when we were in high school." His eyes were beseeching. 

You gently pulled your hand away. "I'm sorry," you said once again, "I just can't dump Saehyun." 

Myungsoo gritted his teeth at your boyfriend's name. 

"And what about your fans-"

"We can have a secret relationship!" 

You blew out a breath of air. "It's just too risky, Myungsoo. I'm sorry. It was a mistake to come here." You headed to the door. 

"______, wait!" 

You hastily walked out, shutting the door. You ran out of the hotel, your heart beating fast. You knew he couldn't follow you, due to the risk of him getting mobbed by fans.

I'm an idiot. 

Hailing a taxi, you went back home. After the drive, you paid and went to your apartment. Seeing the familiar door soothed you.

Home sweet home. 

You turned the key in the keyhole, not knowing what horror would await you. 

"Oppa," a girlish voice breathed. 

Standing in front of you was an unfamiliar girl, barely clothed, a man's arms draped around her body. You couldn't believe it, thinking this only happened in movies.

"Saehyun?"