Jealousy

Change of Heart (Updated)

E-Young sat on the bed with a laptop on her lap, surfing FaceBook. She hasn’t had much rest ever since promotions for First Love began. When she finally had the luxury to spend a day idling around in the dorm, her mood was ruined.

 

By two photos specifically.

 

One where JooYeon was playing with KaEun’s braided pigtails. The other where KaEun, amused and astounded, posed next to JooYeon who was too busy with food to even care about her image.

 

A tinge of unhappiness crept into E-Young’s heart. She felt odd because she didn’t know why she was upset, but she was. At the same time, she was bothered because she couldn’t come to terms with that feeling which almost threatened to intensify further.

 

 

Could it be… Jealousy?

 

 

No, it can’t be. E-Young shook her head. But why was JooYeon unnie with KaEun? Since when did they get closer? Why-

 

Just then, the rasping of the door knob interrupted her thoughts.

 

“Hey E-Young unnie!” KaEun said with much enthusiasm as she sat down next to E-Young. “Look!” KaEun said as she waggled the packets of chips in her hands.

 

“You went out?” E-Young asked, trying to sound interested.

 

“Nope, JooYeon unnie gave these to me.” KaEun replied, eyes instantly curving into crescents.

 

“She gave them to you?” E-Young asked in a more skeptical tone than she intended.

 

“She has loads of them. Let’s share!” KaEun exclaimed while ripping apart a bag of chips. She didn’t seem to notice the change of tone in E-Young’s voice though.

 

The two words, ‘to me’ were especially jarring to her ears, but there was no way to ‘un-hear’ it; they have manifested into thorns in her heart, that weren’t going to go away any time soon. And it didn’t help that KaEun did not reply directly to her question.

 

At that point of time, E-Young knew there was no denying anymore.

 

She was jealous. 

 

However, E-Young was also genuinely confused.

 

 

 

Who was she jealous of? 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Alright guys, I updated this because I had a sudden inspiration haha! But I'm not sure if I can continue it, so erm, don't get your hopes up :X I'm sorry! But hey, hope you guys enjoyed this, if not, do tell me where I've gone wrong!