o29

You Are My First ! (Eng. Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    

Before Woohyun could have stopped himself, he had turned back to look at Haewon as he walked away. Haewon was clearly excited as she retrieved the box. Oh right, the paper. The paper that was signed by Haewon was needed to be delivered to Mrs Kim. Woohyun was handing over the paper and Mrs Kim's smirk was evident as he looked at her. Mr Kim, on the other hand, knew the happening but he couldn't stop his wife. At this time, she was Satan and needed to be left untouched. All he could do was hope that Haewon wouldn't come out too hurt after this. Woohyun came at the time Mr Kim and his INFINITE friends were helping Myungsoo and his family to move their things as it was their last day here. Everything would be transferred to London. Hyosin, who was still to leave for London was probably going to pop around soon as she has told the Kim family that she was going to study with their son in London. Mrs Kim was especially excited and was calling Hyosin to say that she would pick Hyosin up to leave for London together.

 

Mrs Kim pat Woohyun's shoulder, intimidatingly but also caring. It made him feel very uncomfortable. "Good job my boy." she praised. Woohyun couldn't take this any further. He had done what he needed to do and so, he excused himself to leave. The boys, who were busy moving things around thought that Woohyun was popping by to help them. They became really confused and worried when they saw him come in and then leave straight away. What happened? Was he Okay? Finally, the boys and the Kims had finally packed everything within their house. "Take care uncle and auntie Kim. Please send our regards to Myungsoo. We will try to visit, all of us, when we have time," they bowed. The Kims thanked the boys for helping them pack and drove off with the trucks of furniture trailing behind.

 

In the car, Mrs Kim was excited to leave Seoul. She called to her husband who was at the wheel. "Yes, yes. Now go pick up Hyosin. I think she will be a great fiancé, don't you think? I would love to treat her  as my daughter," implying that she favoured Hyosin over somebody whom she wouldn't name. A few minutes later, Hyosin was in the car with the Kims and they were on their way to the airport. Mrs Kim was in the process of writing a reply letter for the fake letter that she made up for Haewon. Myungsoo, her poor son, was sure to want a reply to his "letter" for Haewon. Hyosin could see that Mrs Kim was thinking hard about what to write but she didn't know about Mrs Kim's plans. "Mrs Kim, is something bothering you? You seemed a little stressed." "Aniyo, I was just planning your engagement party to be more delightful." Hyosin blushed at the lie Mrs Kim told. "Auntie, thank you~" Hyosin was touched, or so it seemed. The forced laughter indicated for Mrs Kim that Hyosin was only mildly touched, maybe not all. The two were sitting close to each other at the back of the car however, there was a silent, awkward distance between the two. Haewon's laugh was different to Hyosin's now that Mrs Kim thought back. Wait, why was she thinking of her? Aish!

-

Myungsoo gently placed a bouquet of flowers on Eunmi's grave. "Eunmi-ah..." he called out to the wind, as if she was floating by with it, as if she was around him somewhere. The early morning breeze captured his emotions, a dark grey with a hint of a rosy pink. "Today, is your birthday." Myungsoo was looking at the dainty flowers that he had put in front the glistening, smooth head stone. It's the day of the year that reminds me of what happened on your last birthday. If only, if only… Had I not planned that surprise for you, would you still be here." He wiped a tear that had threatened to fall. "Hah, look at me. I am the one crying where you should be, I was the one who hurt you the most. You were the one who was in pain, in real pain." Myungsoo could only think of the physical struggle Eunmi had to go through because of him, not allowing him to think that he could hurt too.

 

"I can't believe I've lost you. And now I'm losing the girl that I currently like." A pause. The wind blew against the petals, against the meek pink of his cheeks. It was unfair for him, losing the people he cared about, the only people who gave him happiness. "It's Haewon's birthday today. But, I can't spend it with her. I really want to celebrate her birthday. I guess that is why I want to spend it with you. I gave her my letter at least! She is just like you and you are just like her. I miss the both of you." Suddenly, a hand laid on his shoulder. "Myungsoo?" he turned around to see an elder woman. He knew her and immediately bowed and fixed up his appearance. "Eomoni [the title referring to an older woman], I don't know why I came here," Myungsoo started to explain, "I'm so sorry-" The elder woman pat his hand to stop him, "No. It was her fate, Myungsoo. Don't take the blame." Eunmi's mother slowly nodded at the ground, looking solemn. "Aunty, why does this always happen to me?" The women in black turned to him in surprise. "Why do all of my relationships fail?" The mother understood the words right away, pat Myungsoo's hair and started to comfort him.

 

When Myungsoo seemed a little better, Eunmi's mom started to take care of her daughter's grave, cleaning a few loose leaves on the head stone. It was completely silent for a while until the woman felt Myungsoo beside her, kneeling on the ground and sobbing uncontrollably. "Oh child, what happened? And why are you here and not Seoul?" Myungsoo hadn't said a word over his cries. "Son, tell me what's on your mind." Eunmi's mother was so caring, despite the accident involving her daughter and Myungsoo. It had been so long since she's seen him. Her nurturing side came out when she saw Myungsoo break down.

 

"When I went to school in Seoul, I met a girl. She was in my class, and was my seat partner. She is so alike to your daughter, Eunmi. Wherever she goes, she is always happy and smiling." Eunmi's mother smiled from the memories that awakened. "Her name's Haewon, and her smile is gorgeous… However," Myungsoo's brows folded, "because she is from a difficult background, everyone looks down on her. She is totally different to what they say- she's cheerful, cute and smart. She is the one who brought colour to my life after Eunmi…" Myungsoo couldn't finish his sentence and lowered his head. "So what happened, your relationship?" the mother asked, curious and also trying to steer from the accident.

 

"My parents initially didn't know about her background, and they were fine with her. But when they did find out, mother became extremely angry. She flew me here and locked me in the house. She hates Haewon now. I don't understand! How could someone hate her so unfairly? I mean, there was Hyosin, a bully who's spread lies about Haewon and my mother actually believed her." Myungsoo scoffed as he explained. "Mother has been keeping me from contacting anyone. She smashed my phone to pieces and threatened me that she won't let me free unless I marry that Hyosin girl." His frustration reaped through his veins as the 's name spilled from his tongue. Tears, hot and wet, started to trail down his cheeks. His life was so unfair. Eunmi's mother saw right away and took pity on Myungsoo and it affected her, making her tears fall drop by drop. The two were just so unhappy, when they didn't need to be. "Eomoni, please don't cry." Myungsoo tried to wipe the tears from the elder's face but she shook her head. He was being so kind, and he was a lot different to the boy she knew before her daughter's accident."I'm alright. Really, I am. And you should be too." Myungsoo stood both of them up. "But-" "Listen to me boy. You need to be strong." Myungsoo nodded.

 

"My boy, I blamed you at first for killing my daughter but right now, I have changed my mind. No one deserves to be guilty over an accident. I've been thinking about this for a while now so don't fight me. I forgive you because seeing you like this, you don't deserve this much pain… You're so different to the boy I used to know." "I guess I have to thank Eunmi and Haewon for that." Eunmi's mother tried to pick the puzzle together. These young people, how on Earth have they been through so much? And Myungsoo's mother? How could she hurt her own son like that? Threatening him to be unhappy so easily? The breeze was so calm and it was enough for Eunmi's mother to continue thinking by herself. But it's been a while now and she is starting to worry about Myungsoo. "Son, how long have you been here? And why so early?" "I don't know. I came here after I called a hyung of mine." he shrugged smugly. "It's dangerous to be here alone." "I'm not afraid eomoni. I just… I really needed to see Eunmi so I came right away. It's been a while since I talked to her and I think I needed it." "Well, I hope you've finished with your talk because I'm inviting you to breakfast. My treat." Eunmi's mother tried to cheer him up. He must have been through a lot. "Of course. But I guess it would be better if you took me home. I need to call my mother also." Myungsoo pulled out his phone when Eunmi's mother nodded in understanding.

 

They both ended up at a café where Eomoni was ordering and Myungsoo was waiting outside. He looked around the serene view, reminded by all the times he was here with Eunmi. This was the place he remembered going regularly with Eunmi when they were dating. A hand stopped him and brought him back to reality. Eunmi's mother had finished with the order and placed their plates onto the table. Myungsoo put a sugar into his coffee. "Did you know this was Eunmi's favourite place?" Myungsoo questioned. "Yes, since she was a kid, she had always loved to come here. Now, continue with Haewon, I am very curious about her. Say, how did you meet her?" He blushed lightly, thinking back at that time. It was weird to be re-telling this to his ex-girlfriend's mom but he started his story. "Well, I first met her by the playground in my neighbourhood." "Watch out for your drink!" Eunmi's mother said all of a sudden. Little did he know, Myungsoo was shaking and didn't think of his drink. He gave eomoni a thankful smile. "Haewon was sitting alone on a swing and was crying her eyes out. I went to ask if she was Okay. Her face, it was so surprised because someone had actually approached her." He chuckled under his breath as a picture of her shocked face came to mind. "Anyway, she was so shocked that she didn't hear me, only asking me in return if I knew who I was talking to. 'Do you not know who I am?' was what she asked me. I didn't at that time and that made the situation all the more awkward." Eunmi's mother nodded, seeing a little spark from Myungsoo. 'At lease he's feeling better. I hope that he will forgive himself like I did. "I told Haewon that I didn't know she was since I only moved from London. Then, all of a sudden, she ran away from me.

 

As if I was a ghost or something, she ran. The next day, I went to Woollim High School and by destiny- I swear eomoni," Myungsoo said as he grabbed eomoni's hand in excitement, "it's like destiny because I met her there again. I happened to be in her class and then even her seat partner. I greeted the class but she ignored me, since she was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter