Chapter 1

Kismet

 

 

“You are already tied to your partner, Junmyeon-ah.”

I pouted at my grandfather, again with his nonsensical belief.

“No I’m not.” I kicked his knee and he went stumbling on the ground.

I was feeling guilty now remembering this bad attitude of mine.

I started to see the red strings in my 10th birthday I was shocked to see red strings floating in the air when I came down to eat with my parents. My mother has a red string in her finger and so is my father’s finger. I tried to touch it and the two of them began cooing like a teenage couple. They laughed at me when I asked them about it and that’s when I realized I was the only one who can see them. I felt like a lunatic person since then. I wonder if my grandfather is still alive he can help me get rid of this.

Everything became crazy when I got into high school. The red string in my finger was becoming red, really red. It’s usually light red but now it looks totally different—like it has a life. It took me time to snap out of it and rapidly changed to my school uniform and ate my breakfast in a single gulp.

“You’re moody again, Suho-hyung.”

I felt Kai’s hand on my shoulder it’s a new school year and heck I saw his red string moves so healthily.

“Shut up, look the red string is getting redder each time I walk near the school.”

“Omo that means only one thing!” Chen exclaimed.

“Your guy is near you!” Kai said like a professional illuminati.

He looked at me in awe and shook me like a mad man.

“Really?! So who’s the lucky man?!” Chanyeol joined the stupid conversation.

“I’m not a gay, idiots.”

I pulled Kai’s string as a revenge this idiot is still thinking of me as a gay. I almost burst into laughter when I saw him blush when a wide eyed guy walked behind me.

“Ah, see I was right when I told you that Sehun isn’t good for you.”

“S-Shut up—wait! Don’t tell me I was—”

“Yes, you are connected to him.”

The teasing changed to Kai and hell he was turning beet red. Chen and Chanyeol already know their partners and were just waiting for the right moment to confess.

When we walked into our class room, Kai was silent. Of course who wouldn’t, his guy is sitting beside him. The teacher went in and started talking nonsense until she called for the transfer student.

“I’m Zhang Yixing, pleased to meet you.”

My eyes went big. In the right hand of the transfer student there is a red string and it’s ing connecting to me. Our eyes met and I felt my face getting hot. No, no way I’m turning into gay. I buried my face into my desk and cursed this red string of fate.

“Hello.” I heard a cute voice.

“H-Hi.”

He was kind of cute with his hair style and his dimple. I hate it, I hate him, and I hate my ability to see this cursed red strings.

“I’m Yixing.” He took out his hand for a hand shake.

I took his hands and the red string floated in the air. It was beautiful and at the same time gave me a dreadful feeling.

“Junmyeon but Suho will do.”

He smiled and tilted his head towards Kai. They got close somehow after knowing that Kai loves to dance.

 

 

We were in College now and he became close to Kris and Luhan. I don’t have anything against my Kris and Luhan but their frequent skinship with Yixing makes me furious. I distance myself from him. I was curious if the red string would disappear if I distant myself. After all, he has a girlfriend now.

“You’re cold again.” He said, catching up to me.

“Because it’s snowing idiot.”

He pouted at my words and seriously the red string is floating awkwardly in the air.

“I heard about it.” I looked at him he was quiet red in cheeks.

I removed my scarf and hang it on his neck.

“You’re cold.”

He looked at me. I was usually cold to him but he just looked like a pitiful child pouting at me.

“So what is it that you heard?”

 He looked down, “Is it true that you can see the red strings of fate?”

I almost stumble on the snowy road. Those idiots sure have itchy tongues.

“Yes, I can and you are fated to become my lover.”

No.

No that can’t be said, he’ll probably say I’m a lunatic.

“Nope, that was just one of their stupid jokes.”

He nodded looking disappointed. I wonder what his reaction would be if he were to know about it.

 

 

Later that day, he was stealing glances at me. When we ate in the cafeteria, he would always sit in front of me which is quiet common but Baekhyun, my other friend tells me that the latter likes me.

“No way Baek, he has a girlfriend.”

“But you like him and he’s your kismet.”

I coughed rashly when after I unconsciously swallow a big piece of chicken. I reach for my water and glared at Baekhyun. Seriously my friends are all gays. Even Kris whom every girls drools over is gay.

“Since when did you know?”

“Oh, I was just guessing.” He smiled and wiggled his eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes and continued to eat. Meanwhile, in the other half of the table, my Chinese friends is talking seriously—or maybe not. Chen was asking about silly things to Xiumin and Tao pouting to Kris, this two always do creepy things in front of us. Yixing and Luhan though seemed serious.

“I hadn’t seen you with Vic today.” Luhan asked.

His smile faded, “She was busy these days.”

We kept our eyes on him. I guess this is the reason why he acts differently these days. We talked again but he didn’t, it seems their relationship isn’t doing well.

“Hey, can you sleep in my house today?”

I looked at him in shock, “Why?”

“I just want you to tutor me.”

“Sure, but not today.”

He nodded and went back to his class first. The classes end smoothly and I saw Yixing going out of the room first. I wonder why he’s in hurry to go out.

“Mr. Kim, will you give this to your classmates?” I snapped out and turned to my professor.

I took the papers and gave it to my classmates. The last three papers are mine, Kai and Lay. I went to search for them and found Lay first. I was about to call him when I saw him with Victoria. I felt a something struck on my throat, I wanted to yell his name but I can’t. He really looked happy now compared to when he was with us, he was happy but having her made him happier. His eyes show that she is the only one he sees he can be with in the future.

I love him and I’m jealous of her.

I tried to deny these feelings. When she sits with us and he slings his arms on her shoulder. When he story-tells his date with her and when he writes songs for her with his serious face crushes my heart at the same time makes me happy.

 

 

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Kyungsoo asked.

I gave him Kai’s paper they’ll meet later since that idiot walks home with him.

“This isn’t my paper, hyung.”

“I know, give that to your hubby.”

He turned red, “N-No we’re not.”

I smiled at him, he’s a cute dongsaeng.

“Suho!” Oh .

“Suho wait!”

I didn’t let him talk I just ran with all my might and drove home.

 

That night, I got a prank call. Bet it was just Kai or Chen. I was about to go out when my phone rang again.

“Really, Chen quit this or—”

“Suho-ssi…”

Suho-ssi? Wait this voice is—

“Suho-ssi… s-she… she cheated on me—”

I heard him throw up on the phone.

“Where are you right now? Yixing?”

“Outside…”

“Outside?”

“Outside your house—”

I ran outside and saw him throwing up in the gate. I almost stumbled on the ground but I was able to catch him. He was unconscious now and his mouth reeks of alcohol. I carried him into my room. I was still hesitating whether I should change his clothes or not.

“Annyeong~~~~~~”

I heard Tao’s voice in Kris phone.

“Tao? H-help me. Yixing is a mess right now.”

“Then do what you must do.” I heard Kris now.

“W-What, he’s drunk Kris and I—”

“Do it, gege you can do it. Bye!”

Tao ended the phone call.

I pulled my hair, “Yixing there is no malice in what I will do.”

I started to shirt and tried to remove it when he suddenly hold my wrist. For a minute we looked at each other, he was awake—wide awake.

“Suho-ssi.”

Okay, I take that back. He’s still drunk. Yixing’s only polite when he’s drunk.

“You’re drunk and you need to change.”

I stopped ing his shirt but he’s still holding my wrist.

“Yah, let go.”

“No, don’t leave me.”

I was shocked at his words.

“Are you going to leave me too?”

“Why? Why are girls always leave?”

I didn’t answer him, I pulled him into my chest and he’s still asking me.

“What did I do wrong Junmyeon-hyung?”

Seriously, aside from the fact that he’s in my chest hugging me, I’m also enjoying that he’s calling me hyung. What a polite drunkard.

He suddenly stopped talking and his hands were moving somewhere god knows. I almost shriek when his hand moved to my thigh and before I knew it he pinned me down on the bed. I tried to resist but it was useless, a drunken Yixing is too strong. I was wondering what he is thinking now. Is he going me? Oh no way, no way Junmyeon. I closed my eyes until I felt his breathe on my neck.

“N-No Yixing, you’re not ready to do this.”

I cupped his face and wiped the tears in his cheeks. I couldn’t believe this beautiful person was cheated and hurt by the one he love.

“Don’t cry anymore, I’m now. I won’t leave you so stop crying.”

He stopped crying but I wasn’t able to stop our lips to crush. Our tongue’s danced inside his mouth and I taste a tinge of alcohol he drank. This idiot, I bet he just drank a lot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(✿◠‿◠) To be continued