Chapter 02

Loving U

I had bombarded Heechul oppa with countless of text messages, apologizing and telling him I’ll make up to him. NOT.

One of the things that I had learned while being in a relationship with him was that he didn’t like to be disturbed. But if I didn’t send him one text of apology, he would get mad too. He liked being a kid and throwing tantrum whenever he liked. I had sent him two text messages. The first one was an apology. The second was for our plan tomorrow. My plan to make up to him.

No reply.

“Are you still with Heechul?” Jinho oppa asked when he saw me glancing at my phone for the umpteenth time.

“Yeah, but we’re kinda on a break,” I said before glancing at him who walked to the kitchen. “Thanks for taking my phone!” I shouted, half-jokingly and he snorted.

“As a man, I’ll tell you this," he said once he returned with a glass of water. I looked up from the TV screen and saw how serious Jinho oppa was being. “That guy is a pain in the . He might love you, but he’s difficult to deal with,” Jinho oppa said and I gaped at him.

“Don’t talk about my boyfriend like that!” I scowled and he shrugged. “He’s a good guy, alright,” I said defensively and he smirked.

“Yes, he is. But that doesn’t make him a good boyfriend. Besides, do you think it’s going to work?” Jinho oppa asked. I wanted to yell at him but his harsh but true words made me think.

“Idols relationship can never work. You know that,” I said and he nodded grimly.

“Look, I care for you. I care for my girls. I just don’t want you to be over emotional if something bad happens, okay?” he asked and I nodded. He patted my shoulder and headed to his room to continue with his work. I decided it’d be best for me to sleep now.

~*Loving U*~

“Oh, come on. You’re not picking up my calls now? Fine, Kim Heechul. So much for a welcome back gift,” I said through my gritted teeth and ended the call. That would be the twentieth (?) voice message I left for him. If he was busy with his work, I’d surely understand. But he worked like others, he had his lunch break and he had the whole night to reply to my text.

“Okay, sweetheart. Let’s focus on our comeback, alright?” Sanghee unnie said and I huffed.

“Yeah, I’m sorry,” I said, turning my phone off.

~*Loving U*~

Two days later, I was surprised to receive a call from Heechul oppa. I had been too caught up with practicing, interview rehearsals, meeting with managers and other schedule for the comeback to bother about petty things like this.

“So you decided to talk,” I said, smirking slightly.

“You’ve been ignoring me. You didn’t reply to my text,” he said and I rolled my eyes.

“Did you send me one? Because I sent you plenty,” I snapped.

“Let’s not fight. Are you free tonight?” he asked softly and I felt my lips twitched, fighting to smile.

“Maybe,” I said nonchalantly and he groaned on the other side. “Look, I’m having a comeback. You know how busy we can get,” I said and he didn’t say anything. The line went dead and I gaped. “Did you just…ugh,” I groaned and messed with my hair.

“Having a boyfriend is frustrating, huh?” Hyejin teased and I rolled my eyes.

“I heard you had a blind date that wasn’t so blind,” I snapped back and her face turned red. “Infinite Woohyun, huh?” I asked and she gaped.

“How the hell did you know?” she asked and my jaw dropped.

“It was true?” I asked and she cupped my mouth.

“You know I love you, right?” she asked and I shrugged myself from her embrace.

“I’ll keep quiet, just don’t touch me,” I said and she grinned innocently.

“Isn’t Woohyun younger than you?” I asked and she shot me a glare.

“What’s wrong with someone being younger than you?” She asked back and I gave her a grin.

“I don’t know. To me it’s wrong. I mean…come on!” I said and made a disgusted face before laughing. “I’m joking, I’m joking,” I said with a grin, grabbing her arm. “So are you two dating yet?” I asked and she blushed.

“He’s so romantic, you know. No one ever treats me like that,” Hyejin said and I chuckled.

“He must be like a puppy-okay, I’ll shut up,” I said and she gave me a dangerous smile.

“Thank you,” she said and I rolled my eyes.

~*Loving U*~

“Noona, Hyejin noona is looking for you,” Kai said, shoving his clothes into his duffel bag, as he approached me. I looked at him with my eyes narrowed and he bit his lips nervously when he realized my gaze.

“I meant sunbae-nim. Uh…I’m sorry,” he said, scratching his neck awkwardly and I laughed.

“Yeah, sure, call me noona. Sunbaenim is too formal,” I said and he gave me a boyish grin.

“When is your comeback stage?” he asked, attempting a conversation.

“Next, next week. I’m sorry that it kinda clashes with your promotion,” I said, although I didn’t feel the need to apologize. But a debut was something big, something you’ve waited for years.

“It’s okay, managers think it’s good to promote together too,” he shrugged.

“Who are you waiting for?” I asked him, seeing him alone.

“Uh…manager hyung,” Kai answered.

“Oh, so are you goin-the hell,” my jaw dropped when I saw the familiar face of Kim Heechul. He gave me a light smirk as he made his way to me and I ran to him.

“Miss me?” he asked rather cockily and I slapped him. Not so hard but he was angry at my sudden outburst. “I even came here to surprise you and you slapped me?” he asked and I pulled him into a hug.

“I was going to kill you,” I muttered grudgingly. “I miss you,” I scolded him and he rolled his eyes, rubbing his sore cheek.

“I miss you too, pat-ppang,” he said and I laughed at the nickname. “Let’s go eat,” he said and I pursed my lips.

“I have an appointment with my dermatologist,” I said and he eyed me suspiciously.

“Really? Or were you getting cozy with that kid?” he asked, nodding at Kai and I took a deep breath.

“Really? You’re going to start this right now?” I asked and he stared at me deeply.

“Do you love me?” he asked, making me flabbergasted.

“What the hell?” I asked and he smirked.

“Because you and I are going to have dinner,” he said and held out his palm. I looked at him guiltily.

“I know you’re not working right now. But I am. Works come first, remember?” I asked and he bit his cheek, containing his anger.

“Fine. Text me when you’re free,” he said with an attitude and I sighed.

“Oppa,” I said and he looked at me. Although he was older than me, although he was my sunbae, although he was my boyfriend, I rarely called him oppa. “Hana unnie is here. I’ll call you,” I said, pecking his lips.

“And don’t be such a baby,” I smacked his chest lightly. I turned to see Kai looking at us uncomfortably, but unable to get out of the situation. I offered him a smile and waved at him. “I’ll see you around, Kai,” I said and he smiled back.

“Yeah, sure thing noona,” he said and I grinned. “Bye,” I said to Heechul who just nodded.

 

Heechul looked at the retreating figure of his girlfriend, finding them to be quite afar from each other. Right, he shouldn’t be a jerk to her. Yunho would kill him. He turned around and saw the young guy who was talking with Jangmi and felt jealousy burning inside him.

He had just debuted and he was going after his girlfriend? He wouldn’t let him. Heechul didn’t realize that he was glaring daggers at Kai, but Kai was unfazed. Instead, he bowed a ninety-degree bow at Kim Heechul respectfully.

“Annyeonghigaseyo, sunbaenim,” Kai said and Heechul gave the young man a sharp glare, before turning around.

Kai pursed his lips at the thought of Jangmi kissing Heechul and made a disgusted face. He didn’t see them as a happy couple, and they even fought in front of him. Shaking his head, he headed down to the cafeteria.

His mind wandered at his exchange with Jangmi and a smile crept into his lips. Jangmi was indeed a rose. Too beautiful and attractive and Kai needed to be careful with her thorns.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Jangmi means rose in Korean. Lovely name isn’t it?

Pat ppang means red bean bun, a nickname that Heechul gave Jangmi in Shady Girl.

Comments are loved, I mean come on! Show me some love to Kai! ^^