The Cafe

Mr. Mystery

 

When you got home, you couldn't sleep. You were anticipating the next day too much. What time would he text you? You hoped not too early because you wanted to be responsive during the - date? Or where we just simply hanging out? Secretly you wished that wasn't just that, but you knew you would never admit that to yourself. You finally got to sleep, hopefully not too late for the next day.
 
 
 
You were awoken the next day with your phone going off. Someone was calling you, but you couldn't get out of bed, you were still too exhausted. Your memory of the previous day came back to you. As soon as you remembered, you jumped out of bed but your phone had already stopped ringing. 
 
"Damn it" you said to yourself
 
What if he didn't call back? You didn't have his number. You had never been so relieved when your phone started ringing again.
 
"Hallo?" 
 
"Hey pretty girl"
 
"I thought you were going to text me"  you mentally slapped yourself for saying something so stupid.
 
He laughed.
 
"I sent you a text, and hour ago" he said mockingly
 
"Seriously?  Oh my god I'm so sorry" now you really felt bad.
 
"Haha it's okay"  At least he was being nice today.
 
"You probably kept yourself up all night thinking about me"  he added.
 
"Idiot"  you said, not bothering to watch your tongue.
 
He snickered "So will in an hour be good?"
 
"Uhm, yeah"  but you weren't too sure.  
 
"See you in an hour then"  you could hear the smirk on his lips.
 
As soon as you hung up you quickly jumped in the shower. After, it took you way too long to figure out what to wear. You didn't know if you should go casual. You settled on a pair of leggings, and a long shirt. But you only had time for minimal make-up.
 
When you headed out the door you put on your favorite pair boots and your leather jacket . Luckily you lived pretty close to the station and only got there a few minutes late. You weren't too worried, you wanted to make him sweat a little. You got to the front doors and started to look around. Suddenly you felt a hand on your back and you turned around, a little startled.
 
"Hey" Minho pulled down his glasses and gave you a wink. You got that feeling again and you couldn't respond
 
"You're late" he added when you didn't say anything. You got yourself together.
 
"You only gave me an hour, I hardly had time to get ready"  it was your turn to .
 
"Well you look great" he said, his attitude taking a 360 and he looked down shyly.
 
You weren't quite sure what to say, he surprised you with his remark.
 
"Thanks" you finally decided on, you said it just as shyly as he had.
 
"Let's go to the cafe" he said looking back up at you and grabbed your hand, pulling you inside the building.
 
 
 
The cafe was small and quiet, there were only a few people inside. He pulled you too the very back of the room and you sat down at a very private table, you didn't even realize it was there when you first walked in. 
 
You both sat down and an old lady came to take your order. 
 
"What can I get the lovely couple?" the elder asked.
 
You didn't expect that, and embarrassedly started 
 
"Actually- we- uhm." but before you could continue, Minho started speaking.
 
"I'll have a coffee"
 
"And for you miss?"
 
"Uh a cappuccino." you ordered suspiciously, obviously the couple title didn't bother Minho.
 
The old woman wrote the order and walked away. As soon as the lady turned around Minho took off his disguise. He looked extra good today. His hair was slightly messy from his cap, he was wearing a dark button-down and jeans. God, he was- well, y. He noticed me looking at him and smirked. Why was he so cocky? I made a face at him. 
 
"So, am I going to learn your name, or do you like being called 'pretty girl'? he asked, teasing me again.
 
"I could get used to it" you flashed him a smile.
 
He seemed sort of astonished, did you do something wrong? Maybe you should of just told him your name.
 
"It's Park Kyung Mi" you said, still unsure. Minho looked like he was trying to say something.
 
 "Choi" he choked out.
 
"What?" you smiled at him curiously. You thought you would take advantage of this moment.
 
"My name is Choi Minho" 
 
The old lady came with our order and set the drinks in front of us. 
 
"Anything else I can get you? Something to eat?" the senior asked with a sweet smile.
 
Her presence help Minho get his senses back.
 
"Nothing for me" smiling at the old women.
 
"What about you, beautiful?" he flashed me a dazzling smile.
 
It was your turn to be flusters. You turned to the old woman so I could reply.
 
"I'm fine" you gave her a weak smile, not wanting to turn back to Minho.
 
She walked away and you turned to face forward. Minho, who had gained all of his confidence back. He was giving you a look that made your heart beat faster. He realized how you felt and gave you a wink, making the feeling even worse. 
 
He took a sip of his drink.
 
"Kyung Mi, your name is very pretty" he smiled at me.
 
"Thanks" was all you could say. You were so mad he was making you act like an idiot, your face was red with frustration and fluster.  
 
He laughed. 
 
"You seem pretty embarrassed" he teased, cockily. 
 
"Idiot" you felt the urge to stick out your tongue.
 
He just laughed.
 
He went to pull his hands towards him, them previously on the table, but he bumped his cup, slopping a bit on the table. You started laughing.
 
"Smooth move" you giggled.
 
He looked a bit flustered at first. But then he looked sincerely at me.
 
"I- I really like you" he looked down, blushing.
 
That was probably the last thing you expected. But you were overjoyed hearing it and tried your best to hide it. 
 
"I really like you too" you said, you could tell how red your face was.
 
He looked honestly really happy, his face went into a large grin. Did he really not realize how head-over heels I was for him? 
 
" So, uhm" he felt awkward. 
 
"Do you want to meet the rest of SHINee?" he asked
 
Why not? You regained your confidence, maybe you could learn more about him.
 
"Yeah, sure" I said smiling.
 
He took out his wallet and put some money on the table. He put on his sunglasses and hat and took your hand pulling out out of the cafe to the street, hailing a taxi.
 
You got in and headed to meet the rest of SHINee.