Kyungmi's Closet

What's In My Closet? [ON HIATUS]

 

“Ahhhh!” Kyungmi screamed as her friend jumped up on her.

“Hahaha you should’ve seen your face! Haha!” Sooyoung and Seohyun laughed.

 “Sooyoung, don’t do that.” Kyungmi sulked.  “There are people looking at us now.” Seohyun said, embarrassed.

“Let’s hurry and get to Kyungmi’s house.” Sooyoung said. “Quick, run!” Kyungmi exclaimed and ran off leaving the other two behind.  

“Hey, don’t leave us here!” Seohyun and Sooyoung said at the same time, they always had this weird telepathic connection that made them say and think the same thing from time to time. It freaked them out at first but then they got used to it and laughed it off.

They finally caught up to Kyungmi. Luckily, she wasn’t very fast. The only athletic one in their little group of friends was Seohyun and she always was very competitive, but her laziness was much stronger than her athletic ability.

“Okay, we’re here.” Kyungmi said, relieved from all the running they did.

“Oh, your back! How was the movie? What did you watch” Kyungmi’s mother asked. “We watched The Grudge, it was pretty scary.” Kyungmi said, shuddering at the thought of the ghost.

“You know you shouldn’t have watched that movie, you’ll be scared for weeks. Oh well, I guess I’ll have to get you your night light out again.” Kyungmi’s mother teased.

“Omma!” Kyungmi moped.

“Hahaha I'm just kidding!” She giggled.

“Uhmmm… Hi, eommeonim.” Sooyoung waved politely.

“Hi Sooyoung.”

“Good evening, eommeonim.” Seohyun greeted.

“Uhmmm… Kyungmi, where’s the food?” Sooyoung asked awkwardly, she always loved to eat and when she started she wouldn’t stop until there was no food left, or when she’s full. Usually, it’s always the first one.

Kyungmi and her mother laughed. “Straight to the cupboard, Sooyoung.” Kyungmi’s mum told her.

“I’m just going to change, okay?” Kyungmi told them then headed upstairs to her room.

Kyungmi could hear Sooyoung squealing at the sight of food in their cupboard. She shook her head as she laughed and entered her room. “It’s a miracle she’s not fat.” She closed the door and headed to her closet.

She smiled at it as she stood in front of the old closet they found in their attic. It was dusty and dirty when they first found it when she was about five.

She opened it and looked for something comfortable to wear. She was going through her clothes when she heard knocking. No, not knocking. But rather… banging.

“Hyuuuungs~” She heard a cry. “Let me out, please…”

Kyungmi froze after hearing those words. It sounded as if it was coming from the closet.

She dropped to the ground in shock and crawled back near the end of her bed. She was shaking in terror. *No one’s there, Kyungmi. You’re just imagining things. No one’s there. No one’s the-*

“Hyuuungs please~~~” She heard another cry. Kyungmi started shaking again before she let out a scream that shook almost the whole house. “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

The girls from downstairs looked up to Kyungmi’s room in shock. “Eommeonim, we’ll go check on Kyungmi, neh?” Sooyoung told her, putting down her bowl of ice cream and heading to the living room, where Seohyun had already stood up, waiting for her.

The two girls rushed upstairs to Kyungmi’s room and barged right in.

Their eyes widened as they saw a shaking Kyungmi, a terrified look was on her face. They ran to her and held her arms. “Kyungmi-ah, what’s happening?!”

Kyungmi slowly lifted up her arms to point at the closet, she was shaking too much. The girls followed where she was pointing and then back at her. They were confused. What’s there to be scared about? Kyungmi has had that closet since she was five. Sooyoung even hid there for two hours once.

Kyungmi, you’re going crazy. There’s nothing wrong about that closet.”

“No, Soo. I swear, I heard crying.”

“We’re not hearing anything right now.” Seohyun stated.

“You don’t believe me? Out of all of us nine, I’m one of the two people who don’t get scared easily.” Kyungmi reasoned out. Now that they think about it, she doesn’t believe in ghosts. And to see and hear her being like this, they knew something was wrong.

They stayed for a few minutes trying to calm Kyungmi down. Though there was no proof that what Kyungmi was saying was true, there’s a possibility it was.

Soon, it was getting dark and late.

Kyungmi has calmed down and the three girls were having those girl moments. They were laughing and giggling.

But the laughter vanished when they all heard murmuring. They froze right on their spot.

“I told you…” Kyungmi whispered. The girls slowly stood up, they were cramped up together and shaking in terror.

“I’ll go near it if you do.” Sooyoung told the two, and then swallowed.

They hesitantly approached the open closet together, still shaking. They haven’t been this scared in their lives before.

Whatever this paranormal activity is, they still went near it. The murmuring had stopped and that lessened their fears to go near that closet.

They reached the closet and looked all over and around it. They found nothing. *Hey, that’s weird.*

Then the murmuring started again. The three girls jumped in shock and ran back to the end of the bed, where they were previously sitting down.

They all shook together, scared and terrified.

So suddenly, scenes from the movie they watched in the cinemas that same day came back to their minds.

“What if the Grudge is there?” Kyungmi asked.

“Don’t be like this.”

“You’re making it worse.”

“I’m just considering theories.”

“Well, don’t.”

“Okay, fine.”

The murmuring became louder, as if the sound was going nearer to them.

The girls jumped and ran to Kyungmi’s bed and covered themselves with her blanket.

“We won’t all make it alive. One has to make the run for it.” Sooyoung told the others.

“Sooyoung, don’t say those kinds of things. We have to make it all out alive.” Kyungmi replied.

“Let’s just stay together.”

 

 

 

 

 

**will write more in future chapters :)))**