final.

Run

 

x---------------------------------------------------

“Class, be prepared for this year’s school trip!” The teacher announced and was followed with the students’ shout of excitement.

“I can’t really wait!! I heard that the group leaders would be EXO’s members!” Kyungri, one of Jooyeon’s friend gossiped. Her friends were soon so attracted to the talk that Kyungri started.

Jooyeon was just blankly stared at her friends and wondered, will she be able to join it this time? As what she remembered, her parents never let her join a school trip.

Hyemi, her best friend since she was a baby, approached her, “Are you going to join it this time?” Jooyeon just raised both of her shoulders and let out a sigh. “I really hope I can join it this time.”

“I’ll help you convince your parents! Maybe if I try to persuade your parents, they’ll let you go.” Hyemi suggested. “Erm, I don’t think so. If I’m hurt there, you’ll be the one being blamed and I don’t want that to happen, Mi.”

Hyemi rested her head above her both crossed arms that is placed at the table and stared at her, “So this year, there won’t be any fun with you?”

“I think so.”

~o*o*o*o~

“Mom, dad, I’m home!” Jooyeon hollered once she entered her house. “Oh, Yeon-ah! You’re home! Come here, I had just made a pancake, your favorite!” her mother replied from the kitchen. She was about to hit thirty yet she still looks like twenty’s. And her father was sitting in the dining table, eating peacefully. He was in his fourty’s.

Jooyeon plumped herself to sit and wondered if she should ask about the school trip. Inhaling a long breath, she asked whether if she could go this time.

“No.” That was her father’s simple reply that broke Jooyeon’s high hope on going there. She lowered her head and focused on playing with her favorite food.

Her mother saw how sad with her daughter’ feeling and whispered to her husband, “Dear, give her one chance to go for a school trip.” “But-““Please dear? I think she wanted to go.”

Her father let out a long breath and said that Jooyeon can go. He just can’t resist the request from the one he loves.

~o*o*o*o~

“Thank God that you can join this trip, Yeon.” Hyemi said while adjusting her clothes. She was wearing a floral navy colored dress while Jooyeon was wearing a simple white tank top and black shorts. Jooyeon was too thankful to God that she was given a chance to join.

Once they arrived to the designated place, students were divided to groups and were being distributed keys to their cabins.

The place was actually looks like a forest, and there was nothing much to see, and Jooyeon wondered if school trip is really like this.

“Mi, is school trip is always in a place like this?” She asked, “Hm, I don’t think so. Last time, we went to a very pretty place, unlike this creepy place.” Hyemi answered as both of them walked to their cabins; luckily she was in a room with Hyemi.

They went back to the main point where they should meet and she was luckily again in a group with Hyemi with the baby faced leader named Luhan. Jooyeon knew this guy, not very well but Hyemi knew every single thing about this guy. She was in love with him for the sake of three years, pretty long huh.

After dividing groups, they would be doing much stuff and played some games. Even the sun was soon to set; they still had their activities, bon fire. Laughs and smiles are everywhere.

But they didn’t know that they’re being watched by someone in the forest.

“Students, day one of the school trip is about to end. I would like you guys to rest for tomorrow’s exciting activities. Please return back to your cabin and I warn you guys to not go to the mansion in the middle of the forest. Thank you.”

The students asked why, but the teacher didn’t reply a single thing and hushed us back to our cabin.

Jooyeon thought she heard a group of boys said that they would go visit there once teachers were fast asleep. She shook her head, not wanting to be affected by them.

~o*o*o*o~

“Yeon-ah, Yeon-ah…” Hyemi shook Jooyeon’s body and woke her up. She grunted and asked what she should need.

Hyemi told everything she heard when she was up for toilet needs. Because the walls are very thin she was able to hear what the conversation was beside and she heard that they would be going to the mansion in the middle of the forest because the EXO boys were joining. And that would mean Luhan would join so she would like to join too, afraid that something would happen to her dear imaginary boyfriend.

“Aish, thank me that I’m your best friend and I’m willing to be there for you.” Jooyeon spat and went to prepare herself.

Jooyeon looked over her phone and it was about midnight. Goosebumps appeared but she tried to not be bothered by it.

Someone from the mansion smirked and spoke to himself as he watched every movement of students getting out from the cabin. “Oh kid, oh kid. You guys aren’t afraid of roaming around in places you aren’t familiar with, don’t you?”

He reloaded his gun and was prepared for human hunts.

~o*o*o*o~

“Yeon-ah, it’s scary here.” Hyemi said while clutching to Jooyeon’s arm. “You’re the one insisting to join your boyfriend and now you’re holding me like you’re not going to see me any longer.” Jooyeon replied to Hyemi. “I’m sorry… Well, shall we continue or not?”

“It is up to-“Jooyeon’s sentence was cut when they heard a gunshot from afar. “What was that?”

Hyemi shook her head and clutched to Jooyeon’s arm harder. “Let’s go back to our cabin; it’s getting creepier by each minute.”

“Aren’t you going to find your boyfriend?” Jooyeon asked and Hyemi replied, “I would like to, but I’m afraid.”

Jooyeon shook her head and insisted that she would go find Luhan herself and Hyemi would go back to the cabin. Hyemi disapproved but Jooyeon kept on insisting. “There’s nothing here, I don’t think anything could harm me. And if I don’t go now, Luhan and the others will be going farther and I’m afraid I can’t catch on them.”

Gunshot once again, this made Hyemi screamed. “There’s definitely something here! Can’t you hear those gunshots? What if there is a criminal here?!”

Jooyeon was shocked too; she thought that the first shot was only from her imagination. “L-let’s go back.”

The flashlight held by Jooyeon was soon not functioning. She wondered why and soon she felt there was someone’s presence behind her. It would not be Hyemi because she was beside her. Jooyeon turned he back and screamed and ran with all her might while dragging Hyemi when she saw a very tall unfamiliar guy with a gun held in his hand.

“Run girls. Run like there’s no end. Run to wherever you like. Run till you’re weary. And once you’re weary, that’s the time for my bloodcurdling hunt.” He chanted a sentence with a smirk.

Both Jooyeon and Hyemi were running like crazy. They didn’t know where they were right now. All they knew was to run from that guy. Soon, their steps are getting slower, and slower. They had no more energy to run. “Yeon-ah, I’m tired.” Hyemi cried.

“Don’t stop Mi. Don’t stop till we find the exit.”

“But I think we kept on running around the same place! My feet are about to broke!” Hyemi cried louder and was shut once she saw that guy again. He smirked and loaded his gun.

That guy smirked, “What a pretty ladies. Your bodies are way too good for my breakfast. I should be saving you girls for dinner.”

“What? Breakfast? Dinner? Are you cannibal?” Jooyeon asked spontaneously. That guy chuckled and nodded, “Yes I am. I eat humans to make me younger. The name is Kris. Remember this name because this will be the name of the one killing you.”

Jooyeon looked right to his eyes and spat, “Oh, then remember my name. Jooyeon, Jung Jooyeon. I’m going to be your next dinner.”

Kris clapped and smirked, “So you’re not afraid? You thought I was going to play with you? Fine I’ll show you.”

He shot Hyemi right on her heart and Jooyeon screamed, “HYEMI-AH!”

“Such a stupid friend you are. So are you prepared to be my dinner?” Kris questioned and was surprised that Jooyeon was actually not screaming or run away. Instead, she hugged Hyemi’s corpse and cried, and that was the first time Kris saw a person crying.

He lowered his gun and stared at her emphatically, he suddenly felt wrong killing on someone. But he soon regained his consciousness and ready to shoot Jooyeon. “Be prepared for your goodbye.”

 

“NOOOOO!” Jooyeon shouted and everybody looked at her, thinking that she was crazy. “Ms. Jung, are you alright?” her teach asked her. She was touching her entire body, and looked over her left and saw Hyemi was sitting peacefully beside her. “Oh God this is a dream. I thought you’re really dead Hyemi!”

“Er.. Yeon-ah, I think you should have paid attention to Mr. Kang. He dislikes someone disturbing his class.” Hyemi squirmed out from Jooyeon’s hug. Jooyeon looked over Mr. Kang and let out a sheepish smile, “I’m sorry, Mr. Kang.”

“No sorry for you, Ms. Jung. You’ll be having a detention-“”Excuse me Mr. Kang, the new student have arrived.” A very tall and handsome guy entered the class. All of the girls in the class were screaming and fan-girling except for Jooyeon. was wide open that a mosquito can enter. “Oh please introduce yourself, new student.”

He bowed and started introduce himself, “Hello, My name is Wu Yi Fan, and you can call me Kris. I came from China. Please be friend with me.”

“Okay, you can sit next to-““Can I sit next to Jung Jooyeon, please?”

Hyemi asked Jooyeon did she knew him and what Jooyeon could reply was oh my God.

---------------------------------------------------x

The end! This was the longest chapter I’ve made.

I’m not actually satisfied and I think I fail T^T

Hope you guys like this! ^^