My J

Journey to Forever (An SNSD Fanfiction)

 

He’s too good to be true!

     I thought guys like him only exist in dramas and dreams!

     Suma laude?! 11 scholarships?! Interned at Harvard Medical Center?! And with athletic prowess like that?! He’s not    human!

     Omo! Hyoyeon-ssi hit the motherlode! So envious T__T.

     Waahh! Hyoyeon unnie got a boy meotjin!

     Hyoyeon chuckled upon reading the comment section of the article about her and her rumored boyfriend, Jay Kim. Although she was not at all surprised that the media finally got a whiff of her relationship, she was a bit taken aback by the interest it gathered on the Internet. For two consecutive days, her name had been on the top of the search ranking and more information about Jay had been revealed along with several candid fan-taken photos of the two of them in Thailand. Thankfully, their relationship garnered more positive response, and she was more than happy that the fans and other netizens were happy with the news as well.

     One of their group’s managers contacted her the day after the first article was released, asking her if she wanted SM Entertainment to release an official statement or if she wanted the confirmation to come straight from her instead. Not wanting to draw more attention and media play on her romantic relationship, Hyoyeon requested for the agency to be quiet about it. She knew it would not be long before another hot topic would bury hers. She also knew that SONEs and other K-Pop fans already had an idea what was going on. And the most important reason behind her decision to keep her anticipating fans hanging—she was more than fond of a good trolling.

     The sliding glass door to the balcony where Hyoyeon was currently spending the late afternoon at opened and revealed the man who had not only swept her off her feet, but also made her heart beat more than a good dance routine could, and for the dancing queen, that was surely saying something about the guy.

     The two of them met in 2011 during the filming of JTBC’s “SNSD and the Dangerous Boys”. Jay, or Jun Hyung, was a volunteer for a non-profit organization that focused on rehabilitation of teenagers who had been involved in delinquent activities.

     It was around the time when Hwang Yong-hyun, the boy assigned to Hyoyeon and Yoona, quit the show and started hanging out with the wrong crowd again. Aware of Yong-hyun’s issues and the little guidance and support or lack thereof that he received from his family, Hyoyeon took the matter into her hands and persuaded Yong-hyun to enroll at a rehabilitation program she and Yoona learned about after doing intensive research with the help of other SNSD members. Along with Yoona and Yong-hyun’s mom, Hyoyeon brought Yong-hyun to the center for the initial interview and assessment of his behavioral issues and what program suited him best.

     While discussing with the head of the center, Yong-hyun stepped out of the office.  Minutes later, Hyoyeon excused herself to look for Yong-hyun while Yoona and his mother continued talking with the head. It did not take long for Hyoyeon to find a room filled with tools and other computer and electronics-related stuff. And there was Yong-hyun, looking like an eager student as he listened to his teacher’s explanations on what this and that was about. The two were too absorbed in what they were doing that they did not notice her enter the room and stood quietly a few feet from where they were sitting with their backs to her. Within that distance, Hyoyeon found out that what they were actually talking about.

     “Do you really think your So Nyeoh Shi Dae nunas would give an autograph?”

     “Of course! They’re really cool, not the snob singers like you thought they were. Especially Hyoyeon-nuna. She’s the coolest girl ever, man.”

     “The blonde one? I saw her on “Dancing with the Stars”. I admit she’s an amazing dancer. She’s on the short side but pretty and with pretty smile. Not to mention she has a great bod–”

     “Hrmph.”

     Both men looked up to see who else was there with them but only the younger one smiled upon seeing who it was while the other blushed a deep red.

     “Nuna!” Yong-hyun stood up and took Hyoyeon’s hand, bringing her closer to stand before the other guy. “This is Jay-hyung. He’s a mentor here and he told me about electronics and stuff.”

     “Hmmm. Electronics, huh? Not from what I’ve heard,” Hyoyeon said, smiling inwardly as she saw the mentor’s face turned redder.

     “Errr…uhh…s-sorry about that.” The guy whose name was Jay stuttered as he stood and tried to explain himself. “We were really d-discussing about electronics earlier; y-you probably heard only the last part of our c-conversation. I-I hope I did not offend you or anything. I­­–”

     Hyoyeon’s laugh cut him off mid-sentence and Jay could do nothing else but stare, confusingly at first, at the SNSD member before him.

     “That’s okay, Oppa. You should have seen your face! You’re redder than sunburn!”

     The memory of their first meeting never failed to make Hyoyeon smile. And now, looking at the same man holding her in his arms with the same lovestruck smile on his face, she could not help but wonder how everything felt so right, so perfect, as she immersed herself in that single moment when their eyes met. They said that the eyes were windows to the soul, and gazing intently into those pair of beautiful brown orbs, Hyoyeon could see nothing else but her reflection, and she has no doubt that Jay could also see himself reflected in her’s.