Hiatus

Journey to Forever (An SNSD Fanfiction)

 

Tiffany stared harder at the fan-taken photo of her and Taeyeon, trying to decipher how their fans can notice even the smallest of things and call it “TaeNy moment”. She and Taeyeon knew that both of them were under magnifying lenses, which was why they had been very cautious of how they act on public. Regardless, pictures such as the one she was looking at right now—a pic of her and Taeyeon looking at each other taken from the awarding ceremony where TaeTiSeo performed and won—never failed to flood the Internet and gather more than necessary attention from antis and fans, particularly Locksmiths—the proverbial TaeNy fans.

     With a sigh, Tiffany locked her iPad and picked her phone up, checking into the chat room to know what the girls are up to…well, more likely to know what Taeyeon is doing right now. Tiffany missed Taeyeon—a lot.  Taeyeon was in Europe for two weeks and although Tiffany knew Taeyeon was already in South Korea, Tiffany did not want to rob the Kim family of the moments they get to spend together. Those moments were precious and rare…like the moments they get to have together.

     Just when Tiffany started scrolling down the messages, her bedroom door opened and revealed the very person she was thinking about.

     “Tae-Tae!”  Tiffany literally bounced off the bed and jumped into Taeyeon’s arms.

     Taeyeon chuckled, wrapping her arms around the excited girl’s body as they hug each other tightly. Only God knew how much she missed Tiffany. Taeyeon stepped back to look at the same pair of eyes she got lost into eight years ago, and where she found not only herself but also the love she would treasure until God knows when.

     Tiffany asked, “Why are you here already? Aren’t you supposed to be with your family until the end of the week?”

     “Why, don’t you miss me?” Taeyeon frowned. “I came back earlier so I can spend time alone with you and it seems like you don’t want me to be here at all.”

     Tiffany giggled at Taeyeon’s sulky face. “Awww you’re too cute! And I missed you too! So much but aren’t you ditching your vacation with your family by coming home earlier?”

     Home. The word made Taeyeon smile and feel warm inside. They said home is where the heart is, and her heart was there in Seoul, right there in her arms. She looked intently into Tiffany’s eyes once more before she shook her head and answered. “Nope. I didn’t ditch them or anything like that. Umma and Appa are both busy, Oppa and Hayeon have school, and Umma wanted me to be here since she knew you’re all alone and might be lonely.”

     “Really?” Tiffany’s eyes widened. “Awww, Kim Umma’s really sweet and caring!”

     “I’m sweet and caring too!” Taeyeon exclaimed, making Tiffany giggle once more and laughing harder when she saw Taeyeon pouting cutely.

     “You look like a kid, Tae-Tae,” Tiffany said as she leaned in to kiss Taeyeon on the lips. But before she could step back, Taeyeon claimed her lips and held her close for a deep kiss.

     The kiss. It was not their first, but it better be with everything they both felt the moment their lips touched. The same things always happened: the world around them would fade into a blurry background until all they could see are the fireworks that burst beneath their closed eyes, all they could smell were each other’s scent, feel each other’s body, taste each other’s mouth, and hear the rhythm of their hearts beating as one. With all of these, the world could have ended right there and then and they would never notice it.