All The Right Wrongs | One

All The Right Wrongs

 

On the busy hustling street of Seoul, the beautifully decorated display window of Hyundai Department Store always managed to grab a woman’s attention,  as if a witch had casted a spell on them. No matter how much they were in a hurry to get to places, they always stopped to marvel at the expensive hand bags or the shining diamond necklaces that were being displayed.

 

“Someday...they will be mine.” Ara murmured while staring at the famous Christian Louboutin heels on the mannequin.

 

It was a pair of black leather platform peep-toe heels. The most basic ones. Some might argue why buy such an expensive heels if she could get something similar at much cheaper price in Dongdaemyun. But to Ara, it meant something more than a simple luxury. It signified a turning point to her. She always dreamed of getting a job she’d love with nice salary so that she could save up and eventually afford a pair of Christian Louboutin, then they will take her to great places. It was almost like a form of motivation for her. And today, she was one step closer to fulfill that goal. She had just landed a job at W magazine!

 

Ara looked around her, there must be someone who had the qualification for such job in this large population, yet she was picked in the end. What luck was that. She still couldn’t believe that it was finally happening. She had just graduated from school a month ago and already she was going to work at a place she had dreamed of all these years.

 

She was in such a great mood that she felt like nothing could bring her down today.

 

Maybe she spoke a little soon.

 

“Hey! Watch it!” She yelled as someone shoved her when they walked by. The guy didn’t even stop to apologize. He just waved his hand in the air and walked off hurriedly. “How rude,” Ara grunted, but since it had been a good day for her, she decided to let it go.

 

When she walked by the front door of the department store, she noticed a crowd of people gathering there. They all seemed excited, like president was showing up or something.

 

“Did you hear? Nana and Lee Jong Suk are coming today!”

 

“What? Really?”

 

“Yeah! I heard they are holding a fan sign or something inside...”

 

So the president was not coming, but the supermodel siblings were. Everyone in the South Korea had heard of Nana and Lee Jong Suk. They were probably the most popular siblings in the country ever. Both were tall and extremely good-looking, like the dolls everyone used to play with when they were little. Among the duo, Nana was the more well-known one. Even the soju bottles Ara just purchased from supermarket had her face plastered all over them.

 

I got a boy meojin! I got a boy chakhan! I got a boy, handsome boy naemam da gajyeo gan!

 

The sudden phone ring made Ara jump a little. She glanced around, trying to see if anyone was judging her choice of ringtone. Although she loved the song, she couldn’t help but feel embarrassed whenever her phone ring loudly in the public. Especially people tended to give her weird looks.

 

“Hello?” She answered without taking a good look at who was calling her.

 

“Yah, did you get lost or get kidnapped by a handsome man?” a familiar voice shouted from the other side of the phone, “Your majesty is hungry!”

 

Ara rolled her eyes, “Sorry I got distracted. I will be home to cook dinner soon.” She slowly walked away from the crowd. “Speak of which, today was my day why do I have to cook?”

 

“Today’s your birthday?”

 

“No...”

 

“Then I’m not cooking.”

 

“But..”

 

“I’ll see you home!”

 

“Yoon Jin Yi, I...” Ara couldn’t even finished her sentence and her friend already hung up on her. “Ah, what do I do with you.” She had not told Jin Yi about W magazine yet. She was hoping her friend would be happy enough to treat her to a nice meal, but now she had to go home and cook for that girl. So much for a celebration dinner.

 

It was okay though, she could still ask her friend to make desserts.

 

A white van pulled into the underground parking lot of Hyundai Department store. A tall guy approached it when it came to a full stop, he had a walkie-talkie with him and was saying something to whoever that was on the receiving end.

 

“Yes ma’am, I understand.” He nodded and made an eye contact with the staff behind him, signaling them to open the car door. “Don’t worry, I got everything under control. If I don’t, you can cut my pay and scold me later on.” He said jokingly with a crooked smile.

 

The person that stepped out of the van was none other than Nana, the It girl that was dominating the runways and billboards all over Korea & Japan. She glanced at the staff that was greeting her, and bowed slightly. However when her eyes laid on the guy that was busy talking to the walkie-talkie, curled to a tiny smile. “Ah In oppa!” She called out in a cheerful tone.

 

“Oh, miss Nana!” He just finished talking to his supervisor and was about to greet her. “I would say it’s a surprise to see you here, but that would be a lie.” He chuckled.

 

Nana smiled. It was always nice to see a familiar face while working. Especially Yoo Ah In who was her brother’s best friend. “Jong Suk! What are you doing? Come out quickly! Ah In oppa is here today too.” She said to the person who was still in the van getting pampered by a stylist. Funny how a guy can take longer to get ready than her.

 

“He just won’t leave me alone, will he? Follow me everywhere, even to work.” Jong Suk joked while getting out of the van, almost bumped his head in the process. The guy was simply too tall.

 

“Please, if you are going to argue who is following who, I feel like I see you everywhere. On the subway, in the cafe, even while I online shop.” Ah In gave Jong a fist pump, not forgetting to tease his friend’s newfound fame.

 

“You jealous?”

 

“Not even a bit.” Ah In replied, suddenly remembering their early days when he used to be a model too.

 

Unlike Jong Suk and Nana, who were born to live under the limelight, being famous was not something Ah In running after. He enjoyed being a model, but he didn’t see it as something permanent. Modeling was merely a way for him to get money to support himself through college. Though he couldn’t deny the fact that it also opened his eyes to the fashion industry and that was when he knew this was the kind of world he wanted to be in- glamorous on the surface, but once you are inside, it could be dark and cut-throat.

 

Jong Suk smiled at Ah In knowingly and patted him, “Good to see you here. Want to catch up later?”

 

“Sure, if my boss doesn’t suddenly decide to be evil and make me do some extra work on a Friday night.”


“You are crazy, don’t know how you can handle working with that woman,” Jong Suk shook his head, “Anyway, same place and time.” He said before turning around and got in the elevator.

-

Please respect the author. Any form of plagiarization is prohibited. Story is an original thought.