Fairy Tale Wandering

Fairy Tale Wandering

 

         Kyungsoo was a young man who moved into Seoul not too long ago. Perhaps a year ago? However, in the blink of a year, he had manage to capture fairytale creatures' hearts along the way. He was not a fairytale creature at all. He was a doe eyed man who had a knack for cooking. You may see him as a chef behind the scenes. Or maybe a food judge in a competition. To the outside world, he was deemed not important. But to others, on the other hand, they beg to differ. 

    

 

       A beauty with pale skin and pink lips; so delicate and fragile. A nice shade of chestnut that laid on top of his hair suited him quite well. His fingers were as if they were perfected by the Saint above. You would think a paper cut would kill him. His height was very average to many eyes. He was a very clumsy man, however. He would trip over his feet or somehow, manage to walk into a door. Of course, everyone would giggle at him. But when crimson spread throughout his face, no one can't help resist but smile at him and fall for him a little more. 

   

 

       He was no pawn on a chess board. He was the King. He could not move anywhere as he was crowded by so many creatures who have fallen for him. Yet sadly, Kyungsoo can be very naive to his own love life. 

    

 

        This man believed he did not have the time for love. His routine stayed consistent after settling down in Seoul. Wake up, cook, deliver newspaper and chit chat with friends. To him, they were friends. To all the villains, princesses, knights and others, he was their beloved. Many people are either fighting for him and grieving away with envy.   

    

 

       Now this is the tale of Do Kyungsoo when he first started his new job. He was a delivery boy who delivered newspapers in the morning. A yellow cap placed on his head to reflect away any burning sunlight and a brown satchel filled with newspapers.  

   

 

        Most people weren't up in the morning as they may have attended balls and other events during the night. However, in the Dream Fields subdivision, these guys were seen as bad guys. They get up the moment the sun was finally awake. They needed all the time in the world to plot their evil schemes. You may chuckle at this because most fairy tales have happy endings. In result, you know that their evil plan won't work. No matter how hard they try, it just doesn't work. 

   

 

       “Newspaper! Newspaper!” he skipped down the sidewalk. The birds were chirping and the sky was slowly turning blue. To Kyungsoo, this was a perfect day to have a picnic later on. A bright smile was plastered on his face and he hummed a soft tune to himself. 

   

 

       He tossed newspapers onto doorsteps on many people's houses. Seoul is quite a big city and therefore, there were lots of different neighbourhoods. Sadly, since he was a beginner, he was given the neighbourhood filled with many vicious villains. Dream Field. One would think he would be scared to his wits but no, he took it as an obstacle he must overcome. That is until he got onto Acorn Lane. 

   

 

       His humming grabbed the attention of a creature right away. This creature's ears perked up and caught the tune in his ears. The creature was in front of his green lawn with hands stuffed in his ripped jeans. His name is Kim Jongin and at the sight of Kyungsoo, he his lips and let out a small growl. Jongin went by the name of Kai; stating that it made him seem cooler.  

   

 

       Now, Kai hasn't eaten and was very hungry. He wasn't a breakfast person but looking at the newspaper boy made his stomach grumble and rumble. 

   

 

       Kyungsoo noticed the man and smiled, “Hello! My name is Kyungsoo! I'm the new newspapers boy!” Kai circled around him and eyed him from head to toe. Delicious, he thought. “I go by the name of Kim Jongin but call me Kai.” 

   

 

       The wide eyed man shrugged and replied, “Here's this week's newspaper. Have a great day!” Kai did not want him to leave and therefore, walked right into Kyungsoo's comfort zone. “You smell of vanilla and a tint of raspberries. What a wonderful smell,” he smirked. 

   

 

        The newspaper boy stood there and had no idea what to do but stuttered, “I – I had raspberries for breakfast.” Kai grinned from ear to ear and walked closer to Kyungsoo. Unexpectedly, he the poor boy's arm and whispered, “I'd like to have you for lunch.”  

   

 

       Kyungsoo's first reaction was to run. He did not want to be eaten by a brunette feline. So with his satchel secured, he ran and ran until he reached a different house in result missing a bunch of other he had to drop newspapers off at. He did not bother to look behind and hoped that the man did not chase after him. 

   

 

        In this next house, the burgundy curtains were wide open. The house was brown with a gingerbread feel. The window tills made of sugary sweets and the pathway leading to the door was sprinkled with icing powder. Kyungsoo's eyes gleamed with happiness. This house must be tasty, he thought. One bite won't hurt anyone. 

   

 

       He took a of the candy cane pole; thinking that no one will notice him. It's too early for people to be up and about. O but he was wrong. Villains are always up and about to plot schemes and perhaps make potions. 

   

 

       One of the many windows with the burgundy curtains wide open, a man with a pointy black hat can be seen stirring some green goodness in a large gray pot over a small fire. This man went by the name of Byun Baekhyun. He was very well known for taking in children and feeding them until they were filled. 

   

 

      Baekhyun noticed Kyungsoo from the corner of his eyes. Ah, another one, he thought. He put his stirring to a halt and opened his door. “Hello, what are you doing here? Are you lost?” he softly asked. Kyungsoo's eyes widen and exclaimed, “I'm sorry! It was just so tempting!” 

   

 

     The other man cackled, “Come in! It's okay! Eat as much as you want!” Kyungsoo pouted, “I don't have time right. I have to deliver the newspapers.” Seeing this sight made Baekhyun blush and cried, “Oh god! You're too cute! You must be the new delivery boy named Kyungsoo! I'm Byun Baekhyun! Oh, you're just too cute! I'll have to grab you for lunch!” 

   

 

     The man cackled once more and then squealed over the cuteness of Kyungsoo. However, all Kyungsoo thought of was Baekhyun's words: I'll have to grab you for lunch. And with that, he looked at the maniac man who was still squealing and bolted off once more. In the distance, a howl could be heard. 

   

 

         In his mind, he thought that this place was crazy and thought he should move to a whole different city. If possible, a different world. 

   

 

       After a long time of running, he finally came to a stop in front of a large house. He could hear music of a lovely harp being played. He closed his eyes and relaxed. In no time, he heard the music stop and decided to drop the newspaper off. And then be on his way. 

   

 

      However, he felt the ground rumble. This caused him to jump and be frightened. 

   

 

       “FE! FI! FO! FUM!” he heard a low yet loud voice cry. “WHO IS THERE IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE?” In front of Kyungsoo, he saw a tall man with a creepy tint in his eyes. However, he was very handsome but all Kyungsoo could do was gulp in fear.  

   

 

       “Hello! My name is Park Chanyeol! What is yours, young fellow?” the man asked. Yep, Kyungsoo thought, he would be found dead on his first day of work. Fantastic. 

    

 

         He sighed and whispered, “My name is Kyungsoo. I am here to deliver this week's newspapers.” He grabbed a roll of paper from his satchel for the tall man to take. However, that is not all he took. Chanyeol grabbed Kyungsoo's wrist and grinned, “Your skin is very soft and you have such white pearly teeth. You are like a porcelain doll. One that should be framed.” 

   

 

        This was the time to run, the other man thought. Sadly, the lanky male was too strong for Kyungsoo. “You should come in for lunch and see if you fit my collection.” And then he heard another howl and a cackle of a horrid maniac. Panic rolled right into Kyungsoo as he pulled and pulled his wrist away. 

    

 

         Once free, he soon ran off at the speed of light. Scurrying away for safety was all he could think of. He ran deep across neighbourhoods and neighbourhoods in order to reach his. And soon in the four walls of his house, he felt safe. Kyungsoo locked all doors and windows. His hair was now in a mess. Sweat was dripping and all one could hear were pants and gasps coming from his lips. 

   

 

       Then he heard heavy footsteps and murmurs that sounded like the three men he had met today. With a hammer in tow, he screamed, “Oh please! Just eat me quickly! As long as it is painless, I will be okay!” 

   

 

        His door was yanked right opened by Chanyeol as the other two had their jaws hitting the ground. And soon he heard a scoff from the gangly man and chuckled, “Why would we eat you?” 

   

 

            Kyungsoo tightened his fist around his hammer and replied, “Well, Kai said he would like to have me for lunch, Baekhyun said he would have to grab me for lunch and you said to come in for lunch to see if I fit your collection .. of dolls? I just wanted to make some cash.” 

    

 

      Everyone around him giggled and chuckled. Well in Baekhyun's case, he cackled. Kai smirked, “We just wanted to you to come over our places and have lunch with us. I mean you are adorable after all.” Baekhyun grinned, “You are very cute.” A nod came from Chanyeol as he agreed. 

   

 

       Kyungsoo wanted to die in embarrassment. Kill me, he thought, kill me, as he was dragged from the three fairytale creatures who may or may not have fallen for Kyungsoo's quirkiness.