Chapter 1: The Painful Past

Endless Distance

 

“YO SOO JIN!” Hyun Sup screamed at her best friend. “Yo Hyun Sup! Where’s your twin? We’re going to be late for the party.” Soo Jin replied. “Ah chill she’s almost done. She’s still searching for her phone. You know her, she have worse memories than me.” “hahaha you’re right oh there she is!” then Hyo Jae, Hyun Sup’s twin comes down while running. “Mianhae! My phone is playing hide and seek again!” “No sweat. Let’s go or else Young Min will kill us for sure!” Soo Jin said while smiling. ‘Today was going to be the best day ever! I’m finally graduating and I’ll enter the same high school as Hyo Jin and Hyun Sup!’ Soo Jin thought in her mind. But she doesn’t know what accident was going to strike them.

At the party

“SOO JIN A! HYO JAE A! HYUN SUP A! OVER HERE!!!” said Young Min while waving at his 3 best friends. Young Min and Soo Jin are best friend since they’re young and they met the twin when they’re in the elementary school. Since then, they can’t be separated. “I still can’t believe that we’re already graduated! It feels like yesterday we enter junior high and now here we are graduating already. Too bad you’re entering all boys’ school though. Why you must enter that school anyway Young Min?” Hyun Sup said. Young Min sighed and said “You all know my mom well anyway. She forced me and also my twin to entered all boys school and nobody can do anything if it was her own will.” He said and sighed again. “Too bad. We’re going to miss you badly! Also Kwang Min as well of course!” Kwang Min was Young Min’s twin brother, but they’re not that close. “Let’s just have fun now since it’ll be our last meeting with Young Min and I’m not sure when we’ll gonna met each other again.” Hyo Jae said and they all nodded.

After the party

“You girls need a ride home?” Young Min asked. “Hmm… Sure why not. My mom can’t pick me up anyway and I pretty sure that Soo Jin’s dad is busy again” Hyun Sup said while Soo Jin nodded. “Let’s go then!!” Young Min shout while dragging the girls. “Hey Young Min, can I drive your car now? You promised me that you’ll allow me to drive your car when I already get my licensed anyway. Pweaseeee??” Hyun Sup said while giving her best puppy eye. “oh okay okay! Geesh! I really hate that puppy eye of yours!” Young Min said while pouting. All the girls laugh like crazy seeing him pout. Then Young Min give Hyun Sup his car key and everyone enter the car. Hyo Jae of course sit beside her sister. Young Min and Soo Jin sit at the back. At their way home, all of them chatting happily and no one noticed that a car was speeding fast at their direction. “HYO JAE WATCH OUT!” Soo Jin managed to shout before their car crashed each other.

At the hospital

“Soo Jin a.. Soo Jin wake up.” Her brother whisper to her while crying. “o… ppa…. Where am I?” Soo Jin’s voice comes out whisper. “You’re in the hospital sweetie. Did you remember anything from graduation night?” her mom asked her. “I only remember that we’re going home together and… EOMMA WHERE’S YOUNG MIN , HYO JAE AND HYUN SUP?!” her mom just kept quiet and hung her head low. “EOMMA TELL ME NOW!!!” Soo Jin screamed while holding her tears. “Mianhae noona.” Min Hyuk replied her. “Hyukkie why are you apologizing? Please tell me now. Are they okay? Where are they?” Soo Jin was getting more anxious. “Hyo Jae and Hyun Sup…. They died instantly after the car crashed. Apparently they received the most impact because they’re in the front. Mianhae dongsaeng.” Chang Min finally replied after no one dares to answer.  Soo Jin tears runs freely. “H-how a-about Y-young M-min?” Soo Jin said still crying. “he’s currently in coma but he’s going to be fine.” His dad said. “When is Hyo Jae and Hyun Sup funeral?” Soo Jin asked after she’s calmed down. “Their family said it’ll be around 1 week from now since they’re still waiting for their family outside the country.” ‘One week? That’s exactly the first day of high school…’ “Eomma let me stay with you in Japan for a year please? I hate being in Korea now.” Soo Jin said trying her best to stop her cry. “Soo Jin… Are you sure sweetie? Your Japanese isn’t that good though and you already-” “Eomma I’m going to be fine. Just let me stay at hal-abeoji house at Kyoto.” Her mother sighed. “If you said so then that’s okay with me, but are you sure of this Soo Jin?” Soo Jin nodded. “Koi, you agreed with this?” her mom asked her husband. “If that’s what Soo Jin wants then I’m gonna support her jagi.” “Shisoku, did you agree for your sister’s decision?” “We agree Eomma. As long she’s happy we’re fine.” Her mother sighs again and said “Okay then after Jung Twin’s funeral, we’ll fly to Japan.”

 

Mini dictionary:

  • Hal-abeoji (Korean): Grandpa

  • Koi/Koibito (Japanese): Dear (it's like jagiya)

  • Jagiya (Korean): Dear

  • Shisoku (Japanese): Sons (I'm not sure if it's right or not because I'm using google translate for that one x_x)