Chapter 2: One Year Later

Endless Distance

“Are you sure you want to go back? You could stay another year if you want.” Soo Jin’s mom asked worriedly. “Nah, I’m fine. Daijoubu. Watashi wa, anata o aie HaHa. Arigatou for everything. I’ll come here again when it’s spring time. We’ll watch Hanami together right?” Soo Jin said while smiling. “Huh I guess you’re right. Take care okay Soo Jin. Oh and improve your Japanese skill would you? Your Japanese still until now.” Her mother . “Hai HaHa. Sayonara!” and then Soo Jin went inside the airport.

Arriving at Korea

Soo Jin walked out slowly with empty eye. She felt like crying knowing that now she returning to Korea, but her tears wasn’t tears of happiness instead it’s the opposite. She hates Korea after her best friends died.

Flashback

“Soo Jin we’ll be together forever no matter what right?? Right????” Hyun Sup asked her while noggin at her. She laughed and said “Of course! We’re best friend or eternity! We’ll get married together, have child together and even died together!” Hyo Jae made face at her statement. “Married? Psh please! I’m too young to think of that! Thank you very much!” she said while mehrong. Soo Jin and Hyun Sup laugh at Hyo Jae’s behavior. “Oh~! I have an idea! Let’s make this spot at Han River as our spot! And promised that we’ll never bring anyone here except us! Maybe we should include Young Min too though.” Hyun Sup said while making a mark at a big tree. “There! Out mark is done!” She said satisfied. “Okay let’s pinky promised each other that okay!” Soo Jin said. “OKAY!” they all cheered while making a pinky promised.

Flashback End

‘Hyo Jae, Hyun Sup. Why you didn’t fulfill our promised and leave me alone in here?’ Soo Jin thought while holding her tears. ‘No! I must not cry! I promised myself not to cry anymore. They’re already in a happy place there so I shouldn’t cry for them. They wouldn’t want me to cry. Soo Jin be strong!’ she said while making mental promise. She continued her walk while searching for his brother. ‘Ugh… where’s that idiot brother of mine?! He said he’ll come earlier than me!! Ugh… Stupid Chang Min Oppa…” then she heard someone or maybe some groups of girls screaming, but it wasn’t screaming for help more like squealing scream. Soo Jin sighs. ‘There must be someone coming or maybe a boyband. Whatever I hate K-POP and Korean related anyway’ Soo Jin sulked while walked away. Then she found her brother having a coffee with a friend. That kinda pissed her off so she starts to strangled him and drag him outside the airport ignoring her brother scream of apologies and also people stares.

“AAAAH!!! SOO JIN MIANHAE!!! I DIDN’T KNOW THAT YOU’RE ALREADY ARRIVED! BESIDE I JUST HAVE A CUP OF COFFEE WITH MY CLOSE FRIEND!” Chang Min whined while still struggling on his sister death grip. Everyone in her family and also Soo Jin’s best friends know not to mess with her when she’s mad or not in a good mood. If you still dare to do it then be ready to face her wrath and her death glare. If looks could kill, her death glare will kill you instantly. “*Sigh* oppa let’s go home.” Soo Jin said while releasing her grip and walk away. Chang Min was confused for a second but chased his sister soon after. “Soo Jin I almost forgot. Appa said that you’ll enter the school that he already choose tomorrow. So right now we need to hurry up and go home.” “Hmn okay let’s go.” Soo Jin said nonchalantly.

The Next Day

“SOO JIN WAKE UP!!!” Chang Min shouts at her sister’s ear. Soo Jin wake up in a jolt and she’s pretty sure she’ll die in a heart attack because of his brother. “YOU’RE SO DEAD!!!” Soo Jin screamed while throwing pillows at her brother. “AAAH MIANHAE SOO JIN!!!” Chang Min said while running away. “Stupid brother. *sigh* first day of school huh? Oh well better get ready.” Soo Jin said to herself while dragging herself to the bathroom. After doing her daily chores she went out to school.

At School

Everyone was staring at Soo Jin. ‘The heck? Why are they staring at me anyway’ Soo Jin thought while grumbling. Then she accidently bumps into a person. “Ah Mianhae! Gwenchana?” That person ask Soo Jin while helping her to get up. “ne gwenchana. Gomawo.” She said. When she look up to that person face, she almost want to take back her word. She saw TaeMin. ‘No wonder he was so nice. Of course idols need to look good in public.’ She thinks. “Hello??? Are you still here?” TaeMin ask Soo Jin. “Duh of course what do you think anyway? I’m dead because of seeing you? Psh I’m not your fans so don’t flatter yourself.” Soo Jin said coldly while walking off to the principle office.

At Class

"Class, today we have a new student. Say hello to Kang Soo Jin. I hope you treat her well." Her homeroom teacher introduced Soo Jin. Soo Jin bowed and said “Anneyong Haseo. Kang Soo Jin imnida. I hope you treat me well and we could be friends.” “Soo Jin you could seat beside TaeMin. Taemin raise your hand!” Mr. Kim ordered him. TaeMin raised his hand while Soo Jin grumbled ‘ugh stuck with an idol again. This is really the second worst day of my life.’ She thought. She walks forcefully to her seat. “Okay now opens your textbook page 31…” Mr. Kim’s voice starts to drift away as she thinks back at the incident. ‘Guys I really miss you. Why did you die anyway?’ Soo Jin thought bitterly not noticing a single tear slid on her cheek. TaeMin sees this and nudge her. She gave him a death glare and ‘what-did-you-want’ look. “Why are you cying?” He asks worriedly. Soo Jin was caught off guard. ‘I…. cried???’ she thinks while touching her cheek and she felt the tear. She quickly wipes it away and hides her face. “Hey I’m asking you here!” TaeMin said a little bit pissed off. “None of your business.” So Jin answered coldly again.

After School

Soo Jin was tidying up her things when she felt someone tapping her shoulder. “What now?” So Jin said irritated. “Why are you cold to people anyway especially me?” TaeMin ask curious. “I don't care about idols like you so stop bugging me. I really hate this place and also all idols like you." Soo Jin said coldly and walks off. “WAIT!” TaeMin shouts. “UGH WHAT NOW!? BETTER MAKE IT QUICK BECAUSE I GET SOMETHING BETTER TO DO RATHER THAN TALKING TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU!” She shouts. “Why did you hate me and idols anyway?” “YOU ASK TOO MUCH AND IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!” She shouts angrily while stormed out of the classroom. TaeMin stood still in his spot. "She's special indeed. She doesn't scream when she sees me and she treats me like i'm a regular person not an idol. I think I like her already." He said smiling and then walks out.

At Kang’s Residence

Soo Jin walks in with a gloomy and pissed face. “Oh Soo Jin welcome home. How’s your first day of school?” Her father asks excitedly. Seeing his father, she can’t say that her day went really bad so she lied. “Ah it’s fun in school. Appa I’m gonna take a bath now.” She said while runs of to her room. ‘Thank God he didn’t suspect anything.’ She thinks while holding her chest. “Now it’s time for relaxation~~!” she said smiling. 20 minutes later, she comes down from her room because his brother called him. “SOO JIN!!! PPALI PPALI!” Her brother shouts at her. “Why are you so hyper today anyway?” Soo Jin asked suspiciously. “I need to introduce you to someone! Let’s go!” he said and drag her outside. “Oppa where are we going anyway?” “To the park! More likely Han River!” That struck Soo Jin really hard. “I hate Han River let’s go somewhere else.” “Andwae! He’s waiting in there!” “HOLD UP! HE?!” Soo Jin shouts. “Yes him. Why? Relax I’m not gonna matchmaker you guys!” ChangMin said while dragging Soo Jin and ignoring her plea.

At Han River

‘Han River… All of my precious memories with Hyun Sup and Hyo Jae are here. Guys I really miss you’ Soo Jin thought sadly. Then her brother suddenly stops. “Wae oppa? Is there something wrong?” She asked. Chang Min shook his head. “Aniya. Just wait here.” Then re runs off. ‘WHAT THE HECK?!’ Soo Jin thought grumpily. Around 5 Minutes later his brother come back dragging a boy with him. "Soo JIn meets my close friend! He’s Lee TaeMin. You know SHINee’s member?" “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?” Soo Jin shouts at TaeMin. “Whoa whoa hold up! You know each other?” ChangMin asked confused and surprised. “He’s my classmate and I don’t like him so goodbye!” Soo Jin said and stormed off.

 

Mini Dictionary:

  • Daijoubu (Japanese): I'm okay/ It's okay (well it used to describe that the person is okay)

  • Watashi wa, anata o aie (Japanese): I love You

  • HaHa (Japanese): Mother

  • Arigatou (Japanese): Thank You

  • Hanami (Japanese): Hana means "Flower" mi means "See" so it means seeing flower that blooms at certain time, it's a tradition there.

  • Hai (Japanese): Yes

  • Sayonara (Japanese): Bye bye or goodbye