Chapter Sixteen.

Cautious Love

 

Chapter 16

‘Kim Jongdae speaking. '

' Jongdae-ar, it's me. ' Jongdae was frowning when he heard the voice from the other side of the phone.

‘Yes, Hyoyeon. Anything? ‘Immediately his voice turn cold.

‘Let’s meet up for a meal today. ' Hyoyeon said

‘I don't think I will make it. Sorry, but I have a meeting to attend now. I will talk to you later. ' Jongdae lied. He just wants to get rid of this woman.

-888-

As Jongdae and you step into his parent's house, you heard a deep voice saying in joy

' Aigoo, let's see who is here. ‘When Jongdae saw the old man, he immediately walks towards that man.

You never saw that man before but somehow Jongdae looks alike with him.

‘Grandpa! You were late! How can you miss my wedding! ' Jongdae said as he hold that old man's hand.

‘I apologize for that. Now let me see who the lucky one to have our Jongdae ' So it's his grandpa.

'Annyeonghasaeyo . Jung sunmi imida. ‘You walked over and greet him.

‘What a lovely wife our Jongdae has. ' Jongdae's grandpa earns a lot of respect from you . The way he sits with holding the walking stick looks like someone who is in power. The way he dress and speaks makes people gave him the respect without asking.  


The conversation between Jongdae and his grandpa continued till it's dinner time and you saw someone walking down from the stairs.

The lady who was there at the wedding boutique.

Through conversation you found out that her name is Hyoyeon. She seems to be very close with Jongdae's grandpa. She keeps trying to start a conversation with Jongdae but Jongdae ignores her most of the time. Then the conversation was directed to you.

' Sunmi-shi, have you ever heard how naughty Jongdae was last time? ‘How on earth would you know about Jongdae's childhood? You just shake your head and remain in silence.

‘I forget both of you were arranged marriage. It's not surprising to connect these two together. ‘She smirk when she ends her sentence.

Dum.

‘Grandpa, during one of your birthday celebration, you make me and Jongdae kiss me? '

Dum Dum. 

‘That’s was when I'm 4/5 .Doesn’t really mean anything to us. ' Jongdae said .

The conversation goes on and on, it's all about Hyoyeon boasting about her knowing Jongdae very well. You just ate what was served quietly. Jongdae was trying to catch up with his grandpa and Hyoyeon trying very hard to flow along with the conversation.  Not to mentioned her evil motive.

Sickening .You felt so left out at the dinning table. As if your appearance doesn't matter at all.

When both of you arrive home, you said nothing and just enter into the study room to continue your research for your assignment that was to be sent to United Kingdom for examination.

Jongdae didn't say anything either. Indeed both of you are always quite in the house but just enjoy each other's accompany. Even if it's casual chatting, it's always him who start the conversation.  That's the mode of communication for both of you. And often time Jongdae will not realize that you were bothered by something.

Just like what's happening now.

He entered into the studies with his pajamas and a towel on his shoulder trying to dry his hair.

‘Baby?' You didn't hear him as you had plugged the earpiece listening to songs while doing research.

Suddenly there were hands hugging you from the back but the scent was too familiar till you forget to struggle.

He pull the earpiece off from your ears.

'Baby. '

'Hemm? '

'Baby Sunmi. '

‘Yes Jongdae? '

‘My wifey. '

'Yes Jongdae? '

‘What are you doing?’

‘Research for my assignment. '

‘Why don't you ask for my help? '

‘I think I can manage it myself. '

‘But I want to help you. ‘He pout like a kid. You can't help but just pinch his cheeks.

Jongdae-ar, don't let me go. No matter what happen, no matter what people said. Just hold my hands and be like this forever.

Sunmi-ar, when will you open your heart fully to me? But if you don't, just don't reject me. Let's just be like this till we evaporated.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey there , I got the Chapter 16 up and gonna give a double update :) If you like my story please do comment , subscribe or upvote them because that really inspire me to keep writting ! 

 

Thank you for reading Cautious Love - Chapter 16