Preparation

Finally

\(^o^\) (/^o^)/

 

Two weeks have already passed since the revelation, and it's safe to say that Minho is trying his best to live normally like he did. Before the knowledge that he's going to be thrown in as bait for more than a hundred girls with their thick, money filled purses. Before he discovered that he's forcefully doing something this big as a favor for his team and that he has a huge block of responsibility thrown over his shoulders. Before, when he lived a normal life and ignored the predatory looks thrown at him from every direction.

 

From years of experience of being friends with a certain Kim Jonghyun, Minho has already mastered the art of expecting the worst when it comes to Jonghyun's ideas. It reminds him of the time back in senior high when Jonghyun thought it would be nice if they tried to date that Jiyeon chick at the same time. No one speaks of it, but the following week, Minho had an angry red handprint plastered across his face and Jonghyun had a bag of ice on his balls.

 

In other words, Minho was not entirely surprised when Jonghyun subtly left him a note on his side of the room that said, "Get ready, ."

 

\(^o^\) (/^o^)/

 

 

Day 1 consists of him being woken up early in the morning, at 6am to be precise, with a grinning Jonghyun and Jinki standing at the edge of his bed.

 

See, it would have been easier for him to comply if he had a peaceful sleep last night. It would have been not entirely unpleasant if only he had at least six hours of wandering in his little old dreamland. But then his roommate was busy muttering some plans to himself up till God knows what time, which meant that the light was still on and shining brightly, which meant that Minho can't sleep. The light was one case but the noise was another. Jonghyun was muttering something in broken Korean that Minho didn't even bother to listen since the older might as well be summoning spirits or filthy cockroaches. Whichever works.

 

 

"Wake up, princess." Jinki starts. "We have to make sure you look explicably dashing today!"

 

Minho rubs at the corner of his eyes and squints at the light entering his vision. "... Huh?"

 

 

"Get out of bed, you stupid rock." Jonghyun strides to his side of the room and pulls the covers away from Minho's body. Forcefully, if it was any better to add.

 

Minho then shakes his head and turns to their visitor, seeing as there was no actual reason for Jinki to be lodging in their room. Not as early as six in the morning, anyway. "Hyung, what are you doing here?"

 

 

"Oh," Jinki smiles and Minho still rubs at the corner of his eyes. "Jonghyun dragged me here."

 

"Please." Jonghyun appears to be rolling his eyes. "It was your idea."

 

 

"Well, you asked for help, didn't you?"

 

"Only because that thing-" Jonghyun is now pointing in his direction that Minho widens his eyes. He had no clue how exactly he got involved in this but Jonghyun calling him a mere 'thing' was not just something Minho would let past. "-respects you. You're the only person he won't get angry with."

 

 

"I'm actually here in the room, Jonghyun."

 

Jonghyun ignores him and only now did Minho realize that the other was busily rummaging through his closet, mumbling "No, this won't do", "You have disgusting clothes, Minho" or "What kind of ugly cow vomited on this shirt, holy ."

 

 

Minho blinks,"Wow." The last remains of sleep still lingering somewhere at the corner of his eyes. "Thank you."

 

See, Minho might have considered all the insults but then again, it's ing six in the morning that Minho doesn't really care at anything Jonghyun says. At all.

 

 

"So Jinki, you brought them, right?" Jonghyun asks and Jinki nods.

 

Minho is still wallowing in his half-asleep state of consciousness before it registers in his mind that before him, Jinki is holding:
1) a black leather jacket,
2) a white, low cut, v-neck; and
3) a pair of heavily ripped jeans.

 

 

"NO." Minho glares at the two as he pushes past them and rests his back against the door. "I am NOT wearing that."

 

Jonghyun smiles once again and Minho wants nothing more than to wipe Jonghyun's whole face off his stupid head. "I knew you were going to say that."

 

 

And with a snap of Jinki's fingers, the door opens and in comes two of his biggest teammates, Taecyeon and Shindong. Said two teammates came in barging through the door and immediately holds Minho's arms behind his back to keep him in place.

 

"You are welcome to squirm as much as you want to." Jonghyun says uninterestedly as he lays the clothes on his bed and pushes him in the direction of the bathroom. "And don't even think about keeping yourself in for a long time. We- no, I'm sorry- they can break down the door if, by chance, you don't come out after ten minutes."

 

 

Minho says nothing for a while and just glares unceremoniously at the two elders who planned all these unnecessary preparations. He momentarily considers the idea of running and bolting out the door but then his gaze falls to the two persons holding onto his arms that in the end, Minho just draws out a long sigh in response. "I will make sure that you, Kim ing Jonghyun, will never see the living dayli-"

 

"Yeah, yeah, you talk too much. And your breath stinks, kid." Jonghyun grins.

 

 

\(^o^\) (/^o^)/

 

The occurrences that happened on day 3, Minho actually had the energy left to list them down include: being hauled out of bed again, being dragged all around campus where girls are actually predicted to hang out again, and lastly, being made to change into a ing wife beater that was too thin and too ing tight in Minho’s opinion.

 

And as of this moment, said wife beater is actually ed in his face by a very much grinning Jonghyun who Minho would have the pleasure of punching, frankly speaking.

 

 

“Here, wear this.”

 

“But that’s yours.”

 

 

“And?”

 

Minho scoffs. “Your clothes are racy and do not include sleeves, which means I have to show off my arms or wear a jacket or put on another layer of clothing just to hide my skin.”

 

 

Jonghyun says nothing and just stares. “Jesus, Minho, you sounded incredibly sissy just now.”

 

Minho rolls his eyes. “Why, Kim Jonghyun, are you not letting me just go back to the dorm and let me change into an actual shirt.”

 

 

“Because, Choi Minho, I wasted my drink just to spill it all over you.”

 

“…”

 

 

“So tell me, why would I let you change in the dorm when you can change right here, right now?”

 

“Why do you even need to spill it in the first place.” Minho attempts to glare at the elder, although apparently it wasn’t threatening enough. “Besides, there are people who are staring. Especially those girls two tables down. Did you think I didn’t notice?”

 

 

“So..?”

 

Minho crosses his arms in front of his chest and is practically seething as he chances a glance at his surroundings. “I am not stripping inside the cafeteria, Jonghyun.”

 

 

“Suit yourself. The orange juice down your shirt isn’t really doing much for your appeal, though. And look, flies are gathering around you. Disgusting, if I may say so myself.”

 

“…”

 

 

“...”

 

“…Gimme.” Jonghyun hands the piece of clothing as Minho snatches with equal amount of hatred he hopefully relayed on. “And don’t take pictures of me or I swear I’ll break your neck.”

 

 

Jonghyun grins. “Don't worry.” But whips out his phone anyway.

 

\(^o^\) (/^o^)/

 

Day 7 consists of him being once again, woken up by Jonghyun at the very crack of dawn and dragged into one of the gym centers near campus. It would have been alright if his muscles weren't sore from the drills yesterday or if he actually got to sleep at ten last night instead of two (thanks to his ing roommate, again.) or if Jonghyun bothered to let him put on actual clothes. To add to his demise, it's on a ing Saturday.

 

"What's the problem now." Minho asks dejectedly.

 

 

"You're gaining weight."

 

"And?"

 

 

"You have to work out and get back in shape? Jesus Minho, why are you so stupid." Jonghyun frowns and Minho seriously just wants nothing more than to punch the other.

 

"I am not fat."

 

 

"You think I couldn't smell the oil and salt from all those opened chips you hide under your bed?"

 

"..."

 

 

"Plus, your abs are practically lost. They're covered by fat now."

 

Minho crosses his arms in front of his chest. "I am far more concerned as to how you knew that."

 

 

"I peeked."

 

Minho wasn't even surprised at the ease on how the older admitted said invasion of his body's privacy. "I never knew you desired me that much."

 

 

"Yes, yes, I am incredibly gay for you and I like men with eight-packs. Whichever makes you stop talking."

 

Minho's frown makes way back to his lips. "Hyung, I don't see the point in this. It's not like I'm gonna lift my shirt and parade my body around for whoever the winner may be."

 

 

"Well," Jonghyun starts with a sly smile that Minho instantly regrets his words. "You never know. It doesn't hurt to be prepared for all types of situations."

 

"What."

 

 

"It's , Minho. What kind of dumb would turn down a potential chance for ." Jonghyun then smirks and Minho instinctively narrows his eyes at the older. "Oh yeahhh, how can I forget the holy Minho who still believes in true love.

 

"..Shut the up."

 

 

\(^o^\) (/^o^)/

 

Day 12 consists of him being dragged out of the comforts of his room only to be shoved in Junho's car and driven off to God knows where. It just happens to be a Wednesday and his classes end at three in the afternoon. Luckily though, the professor dismissed the class thirty minutes earlier than needed that Minho had time to enjoy a full twenty-minute, peaceful nap.

 

Peaceful until strong arms grab him out of bed that Minho can say that struggling wouldn’t do him any good.

 

 

"Where are you taking me?"

 

Jonghyun barely looks back as he continues to lead the walk to the parking area. "We, my friend, are going out to advertise."

 

 

Minho scratches his head. "Did you get a job at a supermarket or something?"

 

"Nope."

 

 

"Are you working part-time?"

 

"Um, no? What are you talking about?

 

 

"Then what product are you going to sell, this time?"

 

"Oh," Jonghyun laughs. "You, of course."

 

 

Minho shuts himself up and he can't even bring himself to be surprised, even just a little bit.

 

\(^o^\) (/^o^)/

 

Day 13 is actually the day before the long-awaited A-day and Minho can’t be any more nauseous. Day 13 is when Minho expected for Jonghyun to go all-out on his attacks and it’s already three in the afternoon that Minho is becoming restless at what kind of assault Jonghyun has planned for today. He has considered the possibility that Jonghyun may actually be printing posters of his upper body to paste all around campus, or Jonghyun may be holding a public screening of clips he has gathered from the spy-camera he planted in Minho’s side of the room a few days back, or, or, what?

 

 

As if on cue, Jonghyun enters the room and carelessly saunters up to his bed until he notices Minho’s glare burning through his back.

 

“Hi?”

 

 

“Don’t ‘Hi’ me.”

 

Jonghyun blinks. “..Okay.”

 

 

Minho groans. “What are you going to do to me this time?”

 

“What?” Jonghyun laughs and Minho is getting more and more irritated with every second that ticks by. “I let you get your beauty rest for tomorrow and this is   what I get?”

 

 

“Don’t lie to me.”

 

“No, really Minho. You can rest today.”

 

 

Minho eyes him warily and Jonghyun raises his hands up, as if it would lessen the burning in Minho’s chest. “I don’t believe y-“ Just then, his phone rings and Minho answers while glaring straight at Jonghyun and doesn’t break eye contact. “Hello?”

 

“Hey Minho!” Siwon’s voice echoes and Minho relaxes for a moment before he sees Jonghyun slowly standing up and is sneakily heading for the direction of the bathroom.

 

 

“Hey, hyung.” Minho stands up and attempts to go after the older on with his phone still pressed against hos cheek. “Um, Siwon hyung, can I call you back? I’m a bit busy at the mo-”

 

“Really?” Okay, but do thank Jonghyun for me. That boy isn’t picking up his phone.”

 

 

Minho pauses in his tracks as he feels his heart speeding up at the sound of the bathroom’s lock clicking shut. “What did you have to thank Jonghyun for, hyung?”

 

“Ah, I heard he held an auction for the team’s personal belongings this morning. And he dropped by a few minutes ago to give the money the event earned. Ah, I also heard he and Jinki mainly sold underwear that’s why we have quite a sum in our hands right now. Hello? Minho? Are you still listening to m-“

 

 

“KIM ING JONGHYUN!”

 

\(^o^\) (/^o^)/

 

"So," Jonghyun starts as he stares at the male in front of him. “You know Minho, you actually clean up nicely. Look at you, you look perfectly human now!”

 

“Shut up.” Minho frowns in his seat, at Jonghyun, then at the reflection of himself in the mirror. “My face feels like it’s been caked.

 

 

“That, my friend, is one of the wonders of make-up.”

 

Minho stares and inspects the layers of the foreign substance on his face. “It feels funny.”

 

 

“It’s makeup. What else do you even expect.”

 

Minho doesn't say anything as he once again feels the delayed anger bubbling somewhere within his system. The moment of despite was paused before, however, when the scary noona pushed him down on the make-up chair and he was forced to face the vanity mirror that Minho found himself worrying more about his own life.

 

 

And now that all the necessities were pushed away, now there's only Jonghyun he can focus on who is currently on top of his people-I-want-to-decapitate list, Minho feels comfortingly more enraged. If anything, Minho thinks he might even be able to gauge Jonghyun's eyes out if it weren't for the restraints around his wrists.

 

"Hyung."

 

 

"What now, you brat."

 

Minho glares. "Untie me."

 

 

"No."

 

"Now."

 

 

Jonghyun scoffs. "Are you deaf? Stupid? Or both? Yes, I think it might be both."

 

"I can sue you. Because I am a hundred and fifty percent sure that this-" and Minho gestures wildly at his inability to move freely. "-is illegal.

 

 

Jonghyun rolls his eyes. "You're such a drama queen. The knots aren't even that tight to begin with."

 

"Hyuuuuuuung."

 

 

Jonghyun turns to look at him and immediately scrunches his face in apparent disgust. "No, Minho. You are not going to work your way through this with ae-"

 

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen!" Taeyeon's voice booms in the backstage and interrupts the moment of banter as Jonghyun and Minho freeze in their seats.

 

 

Jonghyun claps his hand on Minho’s shoulder and the latter, as always, just glares in response. “This is your cue. Go get ‘em, Minho.”
 

 


Oh, well, hello. \(^o^\) (/^o^)/