Girls Talk

Girls Go To NYC

-No way, Taeyeon-ah! What are you worried about? You know that we’ll all be together all the time or at least for most of it. Your parents are supporting this idea more than anyone else and you must agree with the fact that we’re happily fully financially independent women already! Furthermore this is an incredible opportunity to One: Improve your English speaking skills; Two: Filling your curriculum with some nice international stuff, or, in other words, with a dream job. Every Korean girl who’s your age and works with the same things as you do, dreams with your perhaps future American job. I see no reasons that may justify this distrust of yours... – said Sunny.

- It’s not that, it’s...  – I figured that this was the best time to start talking, for when Sunny starts any of her speeches, you’ll never know when it’s actually gonna end. – You know I value my career the same way the protestants do about the return of Jesus to Earth, and also that my parents are the first ones to applaud each and every professional achievement of mine. It’s Just Jaemin...

- Wait, is this the apocalypse or what? Kim Taeyeon placing her boyfriend forwards her Professional decisions... I’d better go talk to NASA and see if they can arrange me a seat on a Antonov AN-225 Myria! Luckily I may survive to some other terrestrial impacts that will probably happen from this moment on...

- It’s truly a terrestrial impact! You should see the way Jaemin is behaving lately! I feel like I’m the Princess of Persia or something close to it! By the very start of this morning, he approached me at my office and he didn’t come alone. He brought an amazing bouquet of Colombian roses AND a box full of Lindt chocolates together with him! In the afternoon I was told by Goeun that Jaemin had made us two a reservation at the Park Hyatt Hotel for tomorrow night! What if he has something, like, extra-super-really important to say to me?

- Well, Taengie, if he has something to say to you I don’t know, but it’s clearly obvious written on his actions that he certainly wants to do something to you on that night. And it’s nothing innocent, considering the Park Hyatt reservations…

- Okay, Miss ‘ and The City Addicted’, I must screw your expectations up a little and tell you that the reservations he made are for a DINNER TABLE, not a hotel room…

- Okay, Miss ‘I am Too Young and Rightful To Get My Boyfriend ed in a Hotel Room’, so you’re trying to tell me, or to make me think that your respectful boyfriend actually wants to raise your relationship into a higher level because of some unusual gifts and a chic dinner? Don’t get me wrong Bestie, but when guys come all gentle and kind and sweet such out of the blue to his lady, she should immediately question if there’s another lady in the story… I know that because there was one of my neighbors that had been acting like that with his wife for a while, and lately she found out that he had a lover, and of course the whole neighborhood ended up knowing it all because the wife made a scandal! And there’s also that man from the ultimate 10PM’s drama

I can’t believe Sunny had the balls to ever cogitate the hypothesis of my boyfriend cheating on me. Even after I had trusted her and told her confidential details about our relationship. Moreover, she did that right in front of me. Something which was bringing me many feelings of curiosity and anxiousness is now a full plate of distrust. What does Sunny want? To end up with her best friend’s relationship, by any chance?

-Sunny, are you willing to take me to the United States of America or to the “ Anonymous Ladies of Korea”?

-I told you not to get me wrong, Taengoo! What I want is to show you that whatever Jaemin has been doing to molly-coddle you lately cannot be used as a reason for not going to the Best Trip of Your Life with all your Besties!

- And you show me that stuff while you ruin the expectations to the success of my relationship? You know the much Umma and Appa prize for Jaemin and me, you know their devotion towards the enterprise...

-Ah Kim Taeyeon... When will you ever learn that a relationship must be based on much more than family support and economic ascendancy?

Sunny really makes me sound like a superficial workaholic that hasn’t found the real meaning of Love yet and that faces her relationship with one of the most important chaebols in Korea as a strategic marketing trick. God, I’ve been seeing Jaemin since High School! And he’s always been nice to me; of course I can tell I like him much...

-Sunny-ah, I swear I do not want to have this discussion with you again. You know, it’s my relationship we’re talking about...

- But it’s our trip the thing we actually should be talking about! You were the one who came up with this excuse not to travel with us and all...

Suddenly, we hear an uproar, the room’s door opens and Sooyoung appears through it. Sooyoung is a friend of Sunnys and mine. Just like Sunny, she is a lawyer. A very steady lawyer, by the way. Steady and heavy. A little too heavy.

-Aish, Soo! You have definitely broken all my bones! Get off of me right now, you girl!

-Taengoo complaining as always, while I, the cutest friend ever, come here to give my Besties some kisses– said Sooyoung while biting Sunny’s ear helix.

- Cute like a brick! After you jumped on me, I think I should be getting some backbone treatment! – Sooyoung is very skinny, although she eats like a manual labor and has an uncommon strength. The South Korean Army is losing such a great soldier.

- Exxxxxxaggerated! This Taengoo, hunf! It seems I arrived in the middle of a bomb, so I’m just intensifying it all... Sunny, were you and Taeyeon talking about the “X” thing?

-“X” thing? – asked Sunny, giggling. – Well, if “X” refers to the most outstanding trip the best friends in the world will make the soonest, then yes!

-That’s it! Hehehe, I went by this “X” term because “most outstanding trip of the best friends ever” is a little long, you know?

After this dialogue of Sunny and Sooyoung, the three of us ended up laughing on the floor, and luckily, I wasn’t feeling any pain remained from my impact with Miss “Lighter than a Feather”.

- Nevertheless, Sooyoungie... There’s a small thing which is spinning our little Taeng’s head upside down. And, for this misfortune, she’s kinda halting on the idea of travelling overseas with us.

- Okay, Taeyeon, what in the world can be so nerve-racking to the point of making you doubtful about going on the best trip you’ll ever make in your entire life? Feel free to tell me, I’ll try to be comprehensive and listen patiently to your matters.

- Sunny is exaggerat-.. – I tried to answer. Vainly, of course.

- Boyfriend! What else?

I explained the whole Jaemin-weird-behaviour story to Sooyoung. Her reaction to this wasn’t quite unlike Sunny’s. After another river of stern advices, that were only making me even more confused that I already was before, Sooyoung proposed us to reach a finale. Obviously blackmailing me was included in her proposal.

- Taeng, I know this is the worst time ever for us to put your fairytale on hiatus, but you have to keep in mind that we’re going to be abroad for only six months! I can assure you that it won’t take so long, and plus, you’ll come back satisfied, more experienced and totally renewed! It’ll completely worth it! It’s almost like a pregnancy, but without the child and the child-bearing!

- A pregnancy? Aigoo, I ensure you that the last thing that is on my latter plans, and the least on Jaemin’s, is a baby!

- What baby, you mad! It was a metaphore! Therefore Kim Taeyeon, speaking up to babies, I’ve always been to various Hayeon’s child parties with you, so it’s your obligation to accept going to this one trip to the USA with me! That’s how best friends work. – said Sooyoung, with a challenging smile on the edge of her lips.

- This is blackmailing, Choi Sooyoung, cheap shot! You know perfectly that I would go to the USA with you smiling, but I happen to have this burden in my life called Park Jaemin, which accounts in all decisions I have to make…– I replied.

-No, I dont admit you spoiling a plan shared by seven best friends because of a man. Definitely, no! Sunny you stop laughing and help me here, girl!– outcried Sooyoung, in very different mood than the one she was in when she arrived.

Sunny, after Sooyoung came, didn’t seem to be taking our war, I mean, friends argument so seriously. She just kept on sitting, pressing her stomach of laughter as me or Sooyoung said things to one another.

- Hahahaha, Taeyeon, if you want, or if it’s too difficult for you, I don’t know… Me and Soo can clarify the whole situation to your man, right? – suggested Sunny, in a mockery tone.

- Yep, we tell Prince Charming that his Little Princess will have to go on a business travel, but she’ll be back to her castle after a brief time to sing with the birds again. – mocked Sooyoung.

- Enough, girls. You won, okay? You’re lucky that I’m a very calm person, that is not a little into discussions. You can also leave the task of talking to Jaemin because the “Travelling Princess” is actually me. Anyways, even if I have to make use of some alcoholic methods or whatever risky options, he’ll understand. – I stated.

I decided to stop being wavering and to give in. Let’s face reality: I’ve never lost one single argument to the girls. And this wouldn’t be the one I’d win. If I kept on complicating all their plans, the injured one wouldn’t be Jaemin nor the girls, but me myself. I know my friends better than anyone and I know they wouldn’t climb up that plane without me.

–Look Sunny, the Little Princess has just claimed herself that she’s going to travel! It deserves what? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??????

–CHEERS! Let’s go everybody to the NightBar on Taeyeon’s pays!

– I call the maknaes and you call Hyo and Yul, right? – said Sooyoung to Sunny.

–Wow girls, you don’t even get me surprised anymore! You only think about alcohol. Everything is a reason for you to drown on drinks. Did you forget that tomorrow is a business day? I shall remember you ladies that we’re on Thursday… - I tried to calm their euphoria, but without much success.

– Bah, Taengoo, it’s obvious we know which day today is! We promise we’ll be placid, okay? Thus the babies will be with us, so we don’t wanna be bad examples to them. And you have to agree that there’s nothing wrong with hanging out with your friends to celebrate a very well-planned trip that involves them all. – said the wise Sooyoung.

– After the many bad examples we’ve been giving those two since the day we met them, they must be perfectly aware of what is right and what is wrong. – Sunny laughed.

– If you plan on finding a vacant table in such a popular boite like NightBar, you’d better hurry, you terrorists. – I said.

It’s unbelievable the way I just can’t be angry at those girls. I mean, not for a long time. They always get what they want even if performing a drama is necessary. And even after the drama, they close the chapter with a high dosage of comedy. Those are my friends, who have made the feat of travelling with them and now are taking me to a boite to celebrate it. And yes, despite of me having to still throw this bomb on Jaemin as soon as possible, I’m not feeling as heavy as before. It’s like I was starting to really get excited about going to the US with the girls. Geez, what did they do to me?  Maybe they made me swallow some kind of drug and I didn’t realize it?