Chapter 3: Yoona

MY WAITING PLACE

Illus. 1.1: More beach house visuals.. :)

 


“Oh, I haven’t answered your question yet.” The stranger said.

 

They are now walking to the resort. Sooyoung realized that there are other people in there as well. Some are swimming on the pool, some are sipping their fruit shakes while sunbathing and staring at the sea and some are just having a nice, hearty, conversation with each others while eating their lunch. It’s a scene that you see on the movies. It’s perfect and carefree. One thing that she noticed, others are of foreign decent. They are not Koreans based on what she can see. Nonetheless, all of them are undeniably beautiful in their own ways. Well, that seems to be acceptable; after all, she’s in a foreign land. Or so she thought..

 

“Why..am I here?” Sooyoung finally manages to speak.

 

“I see that you can’t remember..” The girl replied.

 

Sooyoung and the stranger were now on the side of the pool, walking towards the house. It’s very open and the tropical ambiance is good. She can see a bar-like counter inside with colorful bottles of drinks and liquors displayed. It was being manned by a small teenaged- girl. She’s serving drinks to the foreigners.

 

“What happened and why am I here?” Sooyoung asked once again, being slightly irritated by the mystery that the girl is hiding.

 

The girl stopped and looked at her closely. She has a serious face now. She’s eyeing her and seems to be scanning her ignorance, gauging if it’s genuine or not. The girl made her sit on one of the chairs and handed her the menu

 

“You’re hungry right? go order something first..you surely need the energy before I tell you…”

 

Sooyoung hesitated. Aside from the girl’s offer, she realized she came here with absolutely nothing. She’s famished yet she’s hesitant. She has no money to pay for lunch.

 

“Aish.. Everything’s for free! You shouldn’t expect us to charge when everything in here is yours…” the girl said, reading her mind once again.

 

“o..okay” Sooyoung said, kinda shy. The girl just laughed at her and patted her head.

 

“You’re hungry..your face tells it so..”

 

Sooyoung blushed and finally gave her order. The girl shouted at the other girl on the counter and sat beside her. She’s too close. Sooyoung is wondering why the girl didn’t sat on the chair in front of her.

 

“Eat and after that, you should be able to remember what happen.” The girl said.

 

She reached out and held Sooyoung’s hands which were resting on the table. Sooyoung’s body twitched and the same warmth she felt on her cheeks before returned. The girl’s carefully massaging her hands. Sooyoung can’t help but to notice how soft her hands are. Why is this girl so comfortable with her? Who is she? A hundred and one questions were on her mind now. She slowly removed her hands from the girl’s soothing grip.

 

“I’m sorry..” the girl said as she felt the awkwardness surfacing between them. “I forgot to introduce myself..”

 

Sooyoung met the girl’s deep, dark eyes and it makes her stomach felt something weird. Whatever it is, it’s affecting her whole system. The girl let out a warm smile, something that never failed Sooyoung to internally swoon.

 

“…. I’m

..Yoona..”


Illus. 1.2:  beach house design, drawing room.