CHAPTER 1

Guitar Strings; OPEN.

 

"A Mental Institution in Michigan; 8:40 AM."

 

     "All patients please report to the nurses stand at X-5. I repeat, all patients please report to the nurses stand at X-5. Thank You."

I moaned silently, shifting my weight back onto the floor. I can't wait to get out of this hell-hole. I went out of my room and went in line. The hallway was jam-packed with people. OH look, more drugs. Sweet.

 

"Hey Onew." Daniel nudged me, and I let him cut in line. I nodded my head, indicating that I heard his greeting.

"Hey."

"Hey Daniel, Onew, here are your meds for today." The nurses placed each of ours in small cups. I took mine and So did Daniele. 

The nurses giggled. "They're really cute.Too bad they are locked in here." The nurse whispered to the other nurse.

 

I grinned. I took mine and showed my mouth to the doctors in charge. As soon as I was out of the line, I went to the bathroom and vomitted all the meds threw out the rest.

"You know you're not supposed to throw it up" I rinsed my mouth.

"I just don't want to die man. Not this way." "Suprene Onew. Suprene."

 

     Those are the things that destroys people's minds here, and I can't be one of them. I'm changing everyday Raven. And you can't belive how much I've changed. I look different. I've lost weight. I swear I'll be a better man this time. I promise.

 

"Hey! What are you doing here? Patients must stay indoors at all times." The inspector placed my hands on my back, and led me back to the door. "Hey Mrs. Creed." I smiled at the nurse who opened the door. "Guys easy on the patients."

 

 Untitled_zps04ff82d1.jpg

 

May 11, 2013.

 

     "Mr. Lee, your reports and biodatas with this week assessment are sent to your mother. You're clear. She'll be picking you up this afternoon. "

I smiled at her. "Thank you Mrs. Creed."

 

Placing my body partly on the bed I let my blood rush on top of my head, replacing my normal breathing with the hard and heavy ones. I thought of multiple ways to present myself in front of her.

(Note: He is lying on a 90 degree angle, meaning he's facing upside down at the edge of the bed.)

 

     After half an hour I heard a knock on my door. I took my slippers and dragged my body to open the door. My mother quickly embraced me, sibbing silently near my shoulder. "Ready to go back?"

"Yeah. Sure. Whatever." She grabbed my luggage and shook the hands of Mrs. Creed.

"Thank you for taking care of my son."

And we both went for the door.

 

 "So...how are you?" I fastened my seatbelt and threw the remaining luggage on the backseat. "Good. Everything's good."

"Did the doctors say something?"

"You know what Mom? Just forget about it. I don't need another teacher, inspector or another doctor here."

She sighed. "You know you still have your weekly appointments with your therapist dear."

"Well my life then." "Son, we just want you too ---"

 

"Hey would you stop the car for me Mom?" I saw Daniele walking with his bags. He must be out too. "Dane! Hey Daniele!"

After successfully getting his attention, I took his bags and offered him a ride.

"Who is he?" My Mom beamed through the mirror.

 

"Hello Mrs. Lee, I'm Daniele Prean. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." He said as he returned my Mom a smile.

"A friend of yours?"

"He was a part of the group I was in in our counseling sessions."

I turned my head. "So you are finally out? Officially released?"

 

"YEAH MAN! Court says the drugs I took weren't serious as they thought it would be. No evidence for the drugs they got at my trunk. They're cancelling my case and guess what? My extra eight months at the hospital are cancelled as well."

"That's good dude. That's good."

"You have a place to stay yet Daniele?"

"Oh I'm fine Mrs. Lee. I'm planning on staying at a nearby hotel for the meantime while I look for apartments. I want to start fresh."

"Well you are welcome to visit our place anytime."

"Right now would be a nice opportunity." I can't believe they're this ecstattic. 

 

"Hey old man. How are you?" I gave my father a hug.

"Onew. Nice to finally see you out." 

He looked at Daniele and then to Mother and back to me. "I see whe have a guest."

"Hello Mr. Lee,I'm Daniele Prean."

I coughed. "Before you guys kill me with introductions and complete boredom, I'm going upstairs."

"Onew wait!"

 

Not paying attention to my Dad's orders, too happy to see Raven, hear her, I screamed her name, but was quickly replaced by a frown when I saw our room, clean. And completely empty. Going down the stairs, I called Dad and viciously grabbed his collar.

Mother gasped. "Onew dear."

Dad slapped my hands which I quickly retreated. "Where's Raven? RAVEN!"

"Onew calm down."

"Mom where is Raven?"

 

"She's gone."

"What?" "She's not here anymore. She left. She took her stuff and sold your house."

"No Dad. You're lying."

"Face it Onew, She might be with that other man for all you know."

I punched the wall. Enraged I pointed my finger at Dad."YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT OUR MARRIAGE. NOTHING."

 

"I do know one thing. It's ruined and she does not want to go near you again."

I curled my hands into a tight fist.

"Honey stop it!" Mom screamed at Dad. Then it was quiet.

"I think this is not the best time for tea. I will be going ahead." Daniele patteed my shoulder and went out of the house.

 

"I'd be resting upstairs. I'd be fixing my things later."

I kicked my luggages at the edge of the stairs.

"Aren't you hungry dear?" I turned my head to face Mom.

"Do you think I have any appetite right now?" And truged myself towards the stairs.

 

"We humans are just so obsolete."

 

 

Untitled_zps04ff82d1.jpg

(A/N).

 Just edited it. Don't mind me.