PROLOGUE

Chasing Love

'I can't see! I can't see!" the kids were fuzzing outside Sister Mio's office. They heard that a new kid has come to the orphanage and they're excited to meet him or her.

Meanwhile in a tree near sister Mio's office, Sunggyu and his friends were sitting at the branches, watching the other kids gathered outside Sister Mio's office. Just then Dongwoo arrived and joined them.

"What's new?" Sunggyu asked.

"hmmm.. A girl. I heard her name is Yoo Ji Ae." Dongwoo answered. He climbed on the branch and sat beside Hoya.

"Oh? So what's her story? Parents died? abandoned? Left home?" Hoya casually asked as if its an ordinary thing that usually happens.

"She was left by the gate this morning. Inside a basket with her name sticked on it and few baby stuffs."

"Baby stuffs? You mean, the new comer is just a baby? Aish. How troublesome. I bet it'll be sleepless night from now because of her noise. Aish!" Sungyeol grwoled in frustration.

"Kids! Come here!" Sister Mio suddenly called them. They immediately ran towards her. Sister Mio was hoding the baby on her arms. 

"uwaaa... She's cute." Sungjong, who is weak in cute things, said. Sungyeol glared at him. "what?" Sungjong mouthed.

"You're the only ones who haven't meet Ji Ae yet." Sister Mio said.

Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Hoya, Woohyun, Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Sungjong were intently looking at the baby. Wow... She has long eyelashes, and her cheeks are like cotton candies. She's a pretty baby.

"Why don't you touch her, Sunggyu?" Sister Mio suddenly said. Sunggyu was taken aback.

"M-me? But.." She's too small.. and fragile..

"Come on. Its okay. Just be careful not to wake her up."

Sunggyu was having doubts to even lay a finger to the baby. She seemed fragile so he's afraid he might do something that'll hurt her. But in the end, he took the courage to touch her. He used his pointing finger to touch the baby's hand very carefully. When he noticed that the baby didn't had negative reactions, he felt relieved. 

"Her hand is so.. small."

"Of course. She's just a baby Sunggyu."sister Mio chuckled. "And she needs someone to take care and protect her." 

Suddenly, the baby made a slight motion and got hold on Sunggyu's finger. She was holding on to it tightly that surprised Sunggyu.

"It looks like she liked you Sunggyu." 

"She liked.. me?"

Sunggyu, so does his friends, doesn't believe in the word like or love because if such word do really exist, they wouldn't be in the orphanage in the first place. But this baby in front of him gives him this feeling that he can't explain.

She needs someone to take care and protect her.. He remembered Sister Mio's words..

Take care of her...

Protect her...