Part 3 He’s in Love…(1)

During My Years As An Agent

Part 3 He’s in Love…(1)

Things didn’t turn out as bad as I thought they would be. This morning, SME cancelled the press conference after the media session, since everything developed out of plan.

In the car, Wooyoung kept his head down as he gazed upon his shoe for the whole time like a child who got in trouble. However, I really don’t think he regrets what he did. He said to me, “Hyung, I’m sorry. Yesterday I called Sulli and she said she’ll accept anything I tell the press. How could I lie when she believed in me so much?”

I had nothing more to reply him. I accepted his apology because I knew how men were like when they were in love—and even men that did crazier things, I’ve seen too. I chuckled in a bitter way, “No wonder you’re called ‘beastly idols’…If you’ve already decided, then I have nothing else to say.” Surprisingly, I couldn’t think of anything else besides those words. I don’t know how many fans will leave after this crisis, and I also don’t know what the chief would say about this. But being with the 2PM members for all this time, and sharing both their ups and downs, this wasn’t the first time I had stress like this. However, this is the first time I feel so helpless to the situation. Their success didn’t come easy, and I’m glad to be a part of it, so as NK said, we couldn’t afford to lose one more.

All the other members kept awkwardly quiet, seasoning the atmosphere in a strange way. Not until moments later did Wooyoung speak again, “I’m sorry.” This time he was talking to the other boys. Taec rubbed Wooyoung’s hair and said, “You sure got a lot of guts, huh? And you couldn’t tell us beforehand? We’re brothers, and we don’t talk like that to each other, so we’re happy if you’re happy.” Then Jun.K and Junho circled around him too, although they didn’t say anything, they all had smiles on their faces, as if they were telling Wooyoung that it was okay to be himself. Then all of a sudden, NK spoke up, “So Sulli really said, she’ll say whatever you say?”

My heart shuddered in anxiety. Those locked-up memories that I didn’t want to think about had flooded my mind. These memories I could only keep to myself and hide it from everyone else. I went along with his question and asked, “Did her company know that she was going to say that? Would it put her in a bad position for her to do that?” People don’t really think about the consequences a lot when they’re blinded by love. All they see is the present, together for life and death, but then they forget about how their actions could lead to a chain reaction.

But as soon as I asked what I did, I regretted it. It was too odd to react in that way, too, over reacting. Then everyone looked at me at the same time, so I gulped in nervousness, explaining, “Since we haven’t got a hold of Jinyoung Hyung yet, we still don’t know what their reaction at SM are like right now.” Continuing my poorly developed excuse, “You know how they’re like at SM…” Some things aren’t meant to be brought into the light, like, in contrast to the relatively relaxed management of JYP, SM’s management seemed to be more harsh on the idols.

“They aren’t a charity organization, and they never will be. Wooyoung, it’s not just your fight. What you just did put more risks for us too.” NK concisely rounded what I was going to say, also conveying what I was concerned about. The NK now seemed more like the eldest member, who is detached from all that’s happening. He rationally analyzed the whole issue. If the downfall in 09 made him grow up, then the crisis in 11 matured him completely.

 

=======================================================

...Hi...it's me...the translator on a immensely long hiatus....QAQ...First of all, sorry to all the viewers that were waiting for me to update! I'm terribly sorry for not showing up in such a long time...Guess the lazybug bit me!...I have to be honest, but the last time I was translating this story, I was thinking whether I should continue translating...I was hoping this would turn out to be a more light-hearted story, but I kinda read through it again, and still felt quite...uh, heavy-hearted I guess?...not that the ending is bad, it's just that it's a long process again!...=_=...and not just the readers find it depressing to read through the long frustrating chapters, I, as the translator does too...so yeah...but hey, maybe when I do finish summer school, I might just have the time and heart to finish this!~ Good luck to me lol...