Debut

Destiny (New JYP Entertaiment Girl Band)

 

Colour Codes for when they are singing:

Pink – Rose

Lavender – Petrina

Blue – Miyeon

Red – Kumi

Green – Justina

Orange – Jamie

Black – All


 

Miyeon walked into JYP Entertainment's practice room with several bags of food. Miyeon was the leader of Destiny, an upcoming girl band from JYP Entertainment.

"Girls time to eat!" Said Miyeon.

Five other girls walked up to Miyeon. Miyeon placed the bags on the table at the corner of the room and handed out chopsticks and spoons to the girls. These six girls make up the girl band Destiny. Leader and Guitarist Jung Miyeon, Guitarist Justina Kang, Drummer Kashiwagi Kumi, Bassist Kim Jae Mi "Jamie", Makane and Keyboardist Petrina Wong and Lead Vocalist Wang Xing Yi Rose.

"I'm so hungry! Playing instruments all morning can sure make you hungry." Said Justina.

Miyeon handed out the containers of piping hot ramen to the girls.

"It smells so good!" Exclaimed Petrina!

The girls dug into their ramen and ate their lunch happily. Soon, they heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." Said Miyeon.

Four people popped their heads into the room. They were miss A's Jia and Fei, 2AM's Seulong and 2PM's Junho.

"Mind if we join you girls for lunch?" Asked Junho?

"Not at all sunbae." Replied Justina.

"Girls, no need to be too formal with us. We're all like family here." Smiled Fei.

"Yeah, call us oppa and unnie instead of sunbae." Said Jia.

The girls shared a look.

"We'll try to." Replied Jamie.

Petrina and Rose pulled some more chairs over.

"Thanks girls." Said Seulong.

"Anyways, how's practice going?" Asked Junho?

"It's going fine." Replied Kumi.

"Are you guys nervous for your debut next week?" Asked Jia?

The girls nodded.

"It's natural to get nervous, but always remember that JYP Nation will always support you." Said Seulong.

"Thanks for the encouragement oppas and unnies." Said Miyeon.

"We'll do our best next week." Said Jamie.

"Have you guys filmed your MV for your title track yet?" Asked Seulong?

"They did, Khun hyung and Victoria noona acted in it." Replied Junho.

"Yeah, they have really good chemistry. I'm glad that we asked them to act in our MV." Replied Kumi.

"What's the name of the song?" Asked Jia?

"Dreaming of a Fairytale." Replied Rose.

"I've heard the recorded version from Jin Young hyung and it's pretty good." Said Junho.

"You girls wrote the song yourselves right?" Asked Fei.

Kumi nodded. "All of us helped write the song."

"You girls are doing a great job; your debut will definitely be successful." Said Seulong, giving them the thumbs up.

After lunch, the girls went back to practicing. Jia, Fei, Junho and Seulong stayed and watched them practice. Dreaming of a Fairytale was a mid-tempo track. It starts with Petrina's piano F major scale. Kumi beats a steady beat after the scale, finally Justina and Miyeon played the the melody while Jamie and Petrina play the sub melody. Rose starts singing the lyrics before being joined by Miyeon.

After the song Jia, Fei, Junho and Seulong gave standing ovations. They complimented the girls on their harmonious playing. After the song, the four left the room to go for their schedules or practice in Junho's case, since 2PM were going to have their comeback soon. The girls continued practicing their other songs. Dreaming of a Fairytale was their only original song, their other songs were covers of songs originally sung by other singers. They already written a few songs, but decided not to release the rest so early. Dreaming of a Fairytale was approved and edited by JYP himself.



 


Fast forward to next week...
The six girls of Destiny sat in their waiting room backstage at Inkigayo. All of them had different clothes. Miyeon's outfit consisted of a white dress shirt, black dress pants, shoes and tie. Justina’s outfit was the same except that she wore a skirt instead of pants. Petrina wore a plain white halter neck dress with black leather jacket and black ribbon heels. Rose wore the same outfit as Petrina except that the black and white colour schemes were switched. Jamie wore a white top with a white belted skirt, black leather jacket and black ankle boots. Kumi wore the same outfit but the black and white colour scheme was switched.

They had been practicing nonstop for the past few days, nervous about their debut. Their MV for Dreaming of a Fairytale had been released two days ago. It received positive reactions from both netizens and singers alike. The girls had been praised for their good composing, powerful vocals and professional instrument playing. Their debut was an anticipated event. Their fellow JYP entertainment artists like miss A's Min and Jia, 15&, JJ Project, 2PM, Taceyeon, Jun.K and Nichkhun, Wonder Girls's Yoobin and Lim and 2AM's Jinwoon came to support them. The girls were happy that their sunbaes were here to support them, but felt pressurized as they were so many people watching them perform.

After twenty more minutes, one of the staff members called them over to the stage for them to do a final check on their instruments and mics. The JYP Entertainment artists gave them thumbs up for good luck. The girls left the room and headed backstage. Miyeon, Justina and Jamie picked up their guitars and bass, while Rose, Kumi and Petrina double checked that the mics were working properly. Kumi took her drum sticks from her back pocket.

"Girls, you're up." Said one of the staff members.

The girls shared a look and placed their palms together in a circle.

"Girls, we can do it!" Said Miyeon.

The others nodded and took their places behind their instruments, a mic stand for Rose. The girls could hear the MCs announcing the next act, which was them. Their manager and a staff member signalled to them that their performance was going to start soon. A minute later, the spotlights shone on Destiny. The curtains dropped and the fans cheered. Petrina played the F major scale, Kumi followed with a steady drum beat. Miyeon and Justina played the main melody, while Petrina and Jamie played the sub melody. Rose started to sing the first line.

The day I met you was

like a scene in a fairytale story (fairytale)

By chance we met

and you said I sounded like a fairy

From then on we became friends

But the more we hung out together

The more my feelings for you grew

But I kept those feelings to myself (myself)

Hoping that you would notice them

But my heart was broken (broken)

When you introduced your girlfriend to me

But I faked a smile (smile)

and continued on with my life

as if nothing had ever happened

Dreaming of my own fairytale story

Even when I you asked me to help plan her birthday party (party)

I accepted the task (task)

hoping that you would notice me (notice me)

up till now I’m still dreaming of a fairytale

where we will be happily in love

The song ended with a saxophone F major scale, played by Petrina on her keyboard. When Petrina removed her fingers from the keys, the fans cheered loudly. And the camera shifted towards the MCs.

“Wow, they are good aren’t they?” Commented Kwanghee.

“I totally agree, I’ve seen their MV and it is impressive.” Said Lee Hyun Woo.

“Well, we’ll be announcing the winner of tonight’s Inkigayo Chart after our next performance. It’s no other than 4minute with What’s Your Name?!” said IU.

The girls of Destiny left the stage and went backstage, where they were greeted by the other artists, congratulating them on their debut. The staff and moved their instruments to the backstage storage room. Justina, Miyeon and Jamie handed their guitars and bass to the staff for keeping. While they were waiting backstage, someone tapped Miyeon’s shoulder. Miyeon turned around and got a surprise.

“Annyeong, Infinite sunbaenim.” Said Miyeon as she bowed.

The other girls did the same. Infinite’s Hoya offered a handshake to Miyeon.

“Congratulations on your debut Yeonnie.” Grinned Hoya.

Miyeon frowned and punched Hoya lightly. “Lee Ho-won don’t call me Yeonnie.”

“Hyung you know each other?” Asked Sungjong?

Hoya nodded. “We attended the same high school and were neighbours back when I was still in Busan.”

“It’s been a while since I’ve seen Hoya.” Said Miyeon.

“I’m impressed, you girls are really good. Even I can’t play the guitar like that.” Said L.

Justina and Miyeon blushed slightly and Hoya pinched the latter’s cheeks which made her pout.

“You sound just like IU, with that impressive vocal range of yours.” Complimented Sunggyu.

“It’s nothing special actually.” Said Rose.      

“Guys, we’re going on stage now.” Said Woohyun.

Infinite and Destiny went on stage together and waited for the winner to be announced. In the end it was PSY’s Gentleman who came out on top. Destiny waved to their fans in the crowd. They left the stage after the show and went back to their waiting room to grab their stuff. Again, they bumped into Infinite. The other JYP artists had already left for their schedules, but sent them text messages to congratulate them. They walked to the building’s car park where their manager was waiting for them. Infinite was also waiting for their manager.

“It’s nice meeting you guys. You guys are going on M! Countdown right?” asked Hoya?

“We are.” Replied Kumi.

“If you guys like to talk again, just text us. Miyeon has my number.” Said Hoya.

“Thanks sunbaenim, we’ll be going on ahead first.” Said Miyeon.

The girls bowed and got into their van, which would send them back to their dorm. The girls were tired but happy, as they had finally made their debut.

“Well done girls!” Said their manager, Kim Jaehyun.

“Thanks oppa.” Smiled the girls.

“You girls deserve a good break; I’ll come over with dinner in a while. I don’t think you girls are up to cooking tonight.” Said Jaehyun,

“Thanks a lot oppa.” Said Miyeon.

“Please report to the company building at 10am tomorrow. Jin Young wants to meet you girls.” Said Jaehyun.

“We’ll take note of that, thanks oppa.” Said Kumi.

After a twenty minute drive, the girls arrived at their dorm. They had two managers, Kim Jaehyun and Lee Jaeyeon. Jaeyeon lived with them, as she was a lady and would be able to help the girls if they needed help. But Jaeyeon was back at the company doing some stuff, so she wasn’t at home right now. Jaehyun went to buy food for the girls. Miyeon unlocked the door and the lights. Kumi closed the door as she was the last person to enter.

“You girls go shower first, I have to put these clothes on the clothes rack.” Said Miyeon.

“I’ll help you Miyeon unnie.” Said Rose.

“Petrina and I fold these clean clothes.” Said Kumi.

“Justina and I will go shower first, we’ll change roles later.” Said Jamie.

Jamie and Justina headed to shower. Their dorm had two toilets, one the the master bedroom which Miyeon and Kumi shared and one in between the master bedroom and Jamie and Justina shared. Jamie went to the toilet in the master bedroom while Justina went to the other one. Both came out fifteen minutes later, dressed in shirts and shorts. Petrina and Kumi went to shower next while Jamie and Justina folded the clean clothes. By the time Kumi and Petrina came out, their food and already arrived. Miyeon and Rose quickly went to shower.


 

During dinner…

The girls were talking about their debut performance, when Miyeon raised her glass of coke.

“Girls, this is to our successful debut.” She said.

The other girls did the same and took a sip, before going back to eating.

“Girls, go to bed early tonight. We’ve had a busy day.” Said Kumi.

The girls nodded. The girls did the dishes and went straight to bed to rest. They had pretty tiring day. Kumi, Petrina and Rose had drifted off to slumber land shortly after their heads had touched their pillows. Both Justina and Jamie were on the computer talking to their parents. Miyeon lay on her bed; she watched Kumi sleep and covered her with her blanket. Miyeon stared at the ceiling, she thought back to what happened today. From their debut to meeting Hoya. Miyeon was kind of angry that Hoya called her Yeonnie, because the person who gave her that nickname had passed on. That nickname was like a memory of him, but she knew that Hoya had said it by accident. She smiled and went to sleep.


 

Done with chapter 1! Please subscribe and comment, don’t be a silent reader!