Chapter 12

I Knew

Chapter 12

Mr. Im/Jung sat silently as he heard his two daughters crying. He lowered his head, not wanting to see Yuri's intense gaze. Yuri scoffed in disbelief, "You can beat Yoona, but yet you lower you head at this. This is not the hardest Yoona has ever cried, believe me. When you slap her and punch her, she sobs and wails at my house. I wonder what you would do then. You would probably hit her again because you would think she would be crying over something stupid." Yuri let out her anger.

Mr. Im/Jung stayed silent, he deserved it. Jessica sniffed and wiped her tears, Yuri's squeezed her waist. Jessica smiled thankfully at Yuri as Yoona also wiped her tears using the back of her hand. "So, dad, if you aren't Yoona's real dad, then why do you have their name instead of Jung?" Jessica asked, sniffing occasionally.

Mr. Im/Jung looked up at his daughter, "I figured I might as well keep the surname, let it live longer." Jessica scoffed, "So, you would leave our family for Yoona's? Did you love or care for us at all?" Mr. Im/Jung immediately shook his head, "Of course I loved you. But I--" 

Jessica interrupted him, "If you loved us, you wouldn't have left us. Sure, you could have left us, but you could at least tell us where you were going, or who you left with. But no, you left without a word, and Krystal and I spent half our lives trying to figure out where our father went, only to discover that he left with someone else, leaving our mother as well as our family. Was one woman not enough? Did mom not treat you right? You know, I loved you. I really did. But now.. Not so much." 

Tears rolled down Jessica's face, Yuri quickly wiped them away with her thumb, causing Jessica to smile slightly at her. Mr. Im/Jung didn't know how to reply. "I... I--"

"Save it." Yoona sneered. "I don't even know why I stayed with you in the first place. Oh right, because my mom loved you. She loved you, but I loved her, so I didn't want to disappoint her and neglect you. I feel guilty. Why? Because my real father is probably angry at me for staying with you all these years, but I didn't want to disappoint my mother. But right now, I don't give a about what my mother thinks."

Mr. Im/Jung was surprised at his daughter's foul language, as was Jessica and Yuri. Yoona rolled her eyes, "I'm only a year younger than you two." Yuri nodded, "We know, but that was surprising, Yoong." Yoona shrugged, "Can we go back to your house? It's late." Jessica glanced at the clock on the wall, then she gasped. "It's 3 AM!" She exclaimed.

Yuri raised an eyebrow, "And?" "My mom is going to kill me!" Mr. Im/Jung brightened up at the thought of Jessica's mom. This didn't go unnoticed by Jessica. Jessica glad at Mr. Im/Jung. "No way am I letting you near my mother, you've cause us enough pain, you should just leave. Never come back. Because I know that you will only inflict more pain upon my family than you will expect." Jessica said in a monotone.

"Jess.." Yoona called softly. Jessica squeezed her eyes shut tight, "I don't want to be here anymore. I'm walking home, good night." She said as she left the house quickly, basically running home.

Yuri grabbed Yoona's hand and began to run after Jessica, "Wait!" Yuri called. Jessica turned and in the dark, she saw the two girls. "What?" She called. Yuri and Yoona caught up to her, "My house is closer, let's go." Yuri mentioned, gesturing down the street. Jessica sighed, knowing that it was dangerous to walk at this time of the day, "Okay."

Yuri, who was still holding Yoona's hand, also grabbed Jessica's. Jessica looked at Yuri, surprised, but Yuri continued to walk as if nothing happened. The only difference between Yuri holding Yoona's hand and holding Jessica's was that Yuri interlocked her fingers with Jessica's. Yuri was struggling to remain calm, even though her heart was beating rapidly.

Yoona saw how Yuri interlocked hands with and she smiled to herself. Yuri was never the type of person to initiate skin ship, so this surprised Yoona.

As they walked, they saw a group of boys. Yuri sensed something bad about them, standing in front of Jessica and Yoona. The boys looked over and smiled, seeing three beautiful girls. "Hey babes, it's kind of dangerous to walk late at night." One of the guys smirked.

Yuri scowled, "Look, can you just please move so we can get past?" She asked. One guy stood up from the sidewalk, "No can do, not unless you give us what we want." Yuri raised a eyebrow. "What is it that you want then?" She asked. 

Jessica and Yoona widened their eyes at Yuri's question. The guy smirked, "Thata' girl." Walking over to Yuri, he slipped his hand around her waist. Yuri smiled seductively, but she wanted to kill the guy for touching her. She leaned into the guy's ear, as if to whisper something. The next second, you could hear the guy screaming in pain, crying, holding his precious.

"I am not your girl, nor am I your babe. And don't touch me." Yuri seethed. Yuri turned her heads to the rest of the boys, who looked shocked. "Go away." Those two words were enough to get the boys running away. Yuri smiled in satisfaction as she turned back to Jessica and Yoona, who were as shocked as the boys were.

Yuri rolled her eyes and grabbed their hands again, walking to the house. When they arrived, Yoona immediately plopped her tall body on the only couch available, sleeping instantly. Yuri shook her head as she pulled an extra blanket over Yoona's body. Jessica smiled at Yuri's caring side. 

Yuri turned to Jessica, "I'll sleep on the floor, you can sleep in my bed." Jessica bit her lip. "What?" Yuri asked. "Isn't your bed big enough for the two of us?" Jessica asked. Yuri smiled, "Yea, but I figured one night of sleeping with me would be enough." Jessica rolled her eyes, "You'll hurt your back sleeping on the floor, come on." She gestured.

The two walked to the bedroom. Once Yoona heard the door close, she did a quick fist pump. She was only pretending to sleep, so she heard the girl's conversation. 'So, they've slept together before. Yuri never slept with anyone without having with them.' Yoona thought as she smiled, going to sleep.

After closing the door, Yuri stripped off of her shirt, leaving her in a tank top that rose slightly above her stomach, revealing her abs. Jessica gulped and averted her gaze to somewhere else. Yuri wonder why Jessica's cheeks were pink, then she looked down and saw her tank top revealed her abs. Yuri smirked and pulled the tank top lower.

"You like abs?" Yuri asked teasingly. Jessica blushed and looked away, she wasn't going to lie, Yuri's abs were hot. Like, really hot. "I'll take that as a yes." Yuri said as she slipped into bed. 

Jessica pulled out her phone and saw 20 missed calls from her mother. She called her mother back. She cringed as she heard her mother yelling, "Jung Sooyeon! Where are you at this hour!?" Jessica pulled the phone away from her ear slightly, Yuri raised an eyebrow. "Mom, I'm tired. Can we talk about what happened tomorrow?" "Jung Sooyeon! You--" Jessica didn't get to hear the rest of the conversation, as Yuri snatched the phone from Jessica, "Yah!" Jessica yelled.

Yuri cleared , waiting for Mrs. Jung to stop yelling. "Who is this?" Mrs. Jung asked, knowing that it was not Jessica's unique sounding voice. "Yuri." "Where is Jessica?"

Yuri bit her lip as she made up a lie, "Mianhe, Mrs. Jung. Jessica was over my house and we forgot about the time. We went around town for a little, and Jessica had forgotten her phone at my house, once again, Mianhe." Mrs. Jung sighed, "Alright, just tell Jessica to be more cautious about her phone next time. I was worried." Yuri smiled softly at how caring Mrs. Jung was, "Will do. Have a good rest now, Mrs. Jung." "You too, Yuri."

Yuri hung up and gave the phone over to Jessica, who was surprised at the lie Yuri made up. "What?" Yuri asked, eyeing Jessica who was still standing in the same place. Yuri slipped into bed and made room for Jessica, "Let's sleep." Yuri stated. 

The bed wasn't as big as Jessica's, where she could fit two people in it with room to spare, Yuri's bed barely fit two people. Jessica slid in, and was nearly hanging off the side of the bed.

Yuri, who was worried that Jessica might fall off, hugged her waist from behind and pulled the older girl's body into her own. Jessica gasped softly at the sudden action of Yuri, but found herself enjoying the warmth radiating off of the tan girl's body.

Jessica's heart thumped loudly. She mentally scolded her body for reacting to Yuri's body like that, her skin tingling, her heart pounding. But, for some reason.. It felt.. Right. Jessica's smaller body molded into Yuri's, like a puzzle piece that fit perfectly. 

Yuri's body was reacting differently as well, her heart was beating as fast as Jessica's, maybe even faster. 

Jessica was mentally panicking. She knew these feelings, she had them before. When she used to date Donghae. But she must try to resist these feelings, it's not right. There is a bet involved. 

"Yuri?" Jessica called softly. No response. Jessica guessed Yuri was already sleeping as she said her next words. 

"I think I like you.." Jessica whispered to herself before drifting to sleep.

Yuri was awake, now she is wide awake, her eyes wide. 'She likes me?' Yuri unconsciously smiled, then she frowned, remembering the bet. 'You have to make her fall in love with you before a year.' But, Jessica never mentioned anything about love. Yuri tried to remember what else Yoona had told her about the bet, but couldn't remember.

Yuri made a mental note to ask Yoona about the bet. She had a reason.

Because she might have fallen for Jessica as well.