Finding Out

Looking From A Distance

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I got surprise when I saw Amber in our neighborhood. I feel happy when he is indeed went back to normal right now. He is not looking at me with those cold eyes of him like last time. He is not talking to me with his gentle voice too. I hope we could make up tonight. I am not expecting for us to make up as a couple but rather, I want to become friends with him again. At least a friend and I will be contented with it.

 

"It's already late, you should head back inside now."he told me as take few steps back. 

 

It made me feel sad because like what I've told him, I really miss him so much. I'm afraid that he will ignore me again in our school tomorrow.

 

"Let's talk for a little bit longer." I replied to him, lowering my head. I lightly lifted up my head, trying to see his reaction about what I said and our eyes met. I quickly avoid his stare and pin my eyes on the ground.

 

"Okay, but grab your jacket. It's almost midnight, perfect time to grab some food for a snack."he told me with a smile.

 

I quickly nodded my head with a big smile and go back inside our house to grab some jacket. Jack-Jack meet me with his tail wagging at me and I think he wants me to go with me. I decided to bring him along with me. I think he wants to see Amber too.

 

"Where are you going, Soojung?" Unnie asked me when we meet downstairs. She has a glass of milk in her hand with some stapled papers.

 

"Amber invited me out."I answered her with a big smile.

 

"Hmmm, did you already make up?"she asked me with a cheeky smile on her face.

 

"I think."I told her. "Let's talk next time Unnie, he is waiting for me outside." I said to her in a hurry and before I can walk away from her, she blocked my way which made me furrowed my borws.

 

"Who told you that I will let you go out at this time?"she asked me with a raise brows. "Tell him to go here, I need to speak with him too."she ordered.

 

AMBER's POV

 

I waited for Krystal outside and it really took her quite long just to grab some jacket. I think girls take time to choose what to wear. She came out but she doesn't look happy like earlier. She is not wearing a jacket too.

 

"Are you..coming?" I asked her when she approach me.

 

"Unnie told me that we just stay in our house. She wants to talk to you too." she answered after she shook her head.

 

I wonder what Noona wants to talk to me. I think it's about my condition because she knows about it. I didn't expect that her and Dr. Kwon knew each other. They are the one whose treating me. I think they have something with each other.

 

"Is she going to rip me apart because of what I did to you?" I scoffed and it made Krystal giggled.

 

"Of course not."Krystal replied. "Let's go."

 

I meet Noona with Jack-Jack in their living room. There are a slice of cakes and a tea prepared for us on the center table. I greeted her politely and she greeted me with a smile. I can see in her eyes what I've seen in Luna. I sat down on the chair, across to theirs. I pick up Jack-Jack who is wagging it's tail while looking at me. I miss this little guy and I think he miss me too.

 

"How old are you now, Llama?" she asked me after she greeted me.

 

"18,Noona."I replied to her and she nodded her head in understanding.

 

"So you are just more than a month older than my sister."she mumbled. "I'm happy that you two finally make up."she continued with a smile on her face.

 

"Y-Yeah."I answered akwardly.I glance at Krystal and smiled at her. She return back my smile.

 

 

"Oh, Soojung can you get my blue folder in my room?"she asked Krystal.

 

"What blue folder?"Krystal asked.

 

"Just a blue folder. It's the only blue folder you will see in my table." Jessica-noona told her. "Go."she ordered with a bossy tone of voice.

 

Amazingly, Krystal followed her Unnie even though she's grumbling. I kinda have an idea what Noona wanted to talk to me since she sent Krystal away.

 

"You still didn't tell her?" she asked me.

 

"Yeah."I answered weakly as I lower my head.

 

"Do you still love her?"she questioned me again. I choose not to answer it but rather stay quiet. "I know that you know that my sister still loves you. You are not blind for you not to see it nor notice it."she continued.

 

"I know, Noona."I sighed.

 

"Then, what is your decision?" she asked me. "You only got one more month left."

 

"I choose not to do anything with it. I already had accepted my fate. I-I will die without Krystal knowing anything about this."I told her as I look at her, meeting her eyes.

 

"Unnie, I haven't seen any blue folder on your desk."Krystal suddenly came which got us a little bit surprise and transferred our attention to her.

 

"Oh, I think I left on my clinic." Noona replied with an apologetic smile. Krystal sat back to her seat with an annoyed face.

 

We have talk different stuffs for a while before I decided to take my leave. Noona asked their driver to take me home. I decilined the offer first but she insisted. I said my goodbye to them as well as to Jack-Jack and head home. I flopped on my bed when I reached my house. It is so quiet and I feel lonely. I wonder if Mom will feel this feeling once she will be left alone here. I hope she will get married again and will have a son or a daughter. I don't want her to spend the rest of her life alone. After I took a quick shower, I decided to retire for the night. Before I can drifted to my dreamland, I got disturb by someone who is ringing our doorbell nonstop. I decided to just ignore it but the sounds annoyed me. I force myself to get up and was grumbling when I head downstairs. When I open our door to see who is this annoying person, my eyes widened when I saw Krystal standing in our doorstep. She is looking at me with sharp eyes and holding some papers on her hand.

 

"Explain this to me."she said with a stern voice showing the paper to me. It widens my eyes because it is my health records which I think belongs to Noona.

 

"Krys..."

 

I got stop of my sentence because her hand landed on my left cheek. It cause my face to burn in pain.

 

"I'm sorry." I said to her as I lower down my head.

 

"You idiot."she spoke and burried her hand on her face and sob.