Long Lasting Present

Looking From A Distance

LUNA's POV

 

We decided to celebrate Amber's birthday in this one resto bar. We invited all of his friends. I really wish that Krystal will show up tonight. Even though that the Dino doesn't show what he really feels, I know deep down inside he do still have feelings for her and he wants to celebrate his birthday with her. The party had started and there is still no sign of Krystal. Amber is still having fun though but I sometimes caught him looking outside.

 

"Are you still waiting for Krystal to show up?" Onew asked me when he approached me.

 

"Yeah."I replied to him.

 

"I don't think she will come, Lun." he stated.

 

"She will come, Onew. She has too!" I answered him as I turn to him.

 

"Okay."He said and scoffed. "I think she will be coming with Sulli. I will ask Minho to call his cousin."he continued.

 

"Please, do that."I replied to him.

 

The party went on and Krystal is still not here. I think Amber had finally give up because he stop looking on the outside anymore. I think Krystal isn't coming since Sulli can't come too. I hope she won't regret it at the end.

 

"Shorty, come on. Let's sing a song." Amber said to me cheerfuly when he approachde me.

 

Before I could answer him, he already grab my hand and drag me on the stage. He handed me the mic while he get the guitar on the side and put the strap around his shoulder. He started to strum the guitar and we started singing. Our friends enjoyed our little performance. They are all cheering for us. The party ended without Krystal at all.

 

AMBER's POV

 

I was hoping that Krystal will attend my birthday party but I think what I've done to her made her hate me. I haven't apologized to her yet.I don't know how to face her anymore because of my supidity. Each of my friends say their greetings before they said their goodbyes to me. Luna told Onew that she wants me to walk her home. I noticed that this shorty wants me to be around her 24 hours. About Ailee, she didn't manage to attend my birthday too because there something came up.

 

"There's a lot of stars tonight."Luna said as she look up to the dark sky.

 

"Yeah." I replied, looking at it too.

 

"Auntie will be come home tomorrow, right?" she asked me.

 

"Yeah. I already miss that woman so much." I stated and scoffed. Luna laugh and slap me on my arm.

 

"You are really a dork!"she scoffed and I grinne at her.

 

"Lun, can I ask you a favor?"I said to her and it made her stop from walking and look at me.

 

"What is it?" she replied.

 

"Uhm, can you look after my Mom? You know, she can't take good care of herself when she's depress." I told her and it made Luna furrowed her brows and her eyes teary.

 

"Please don't speak like that. Not at this time." she answered, sounding upset as she looked down.

 

"Well, we both know what will happen in the future, so please." I plead to her, forcing a smile as I hold her in her shoulder and tried to meet her eyes.

 

She stare at me and tears starts to form in her eyes. She nodded her head as her tears fall down and hugged me. I feel lucky to have her as my best friend. Onew is more luckier because he have her as his girlfriend and hopefully, will become his future wife.

 

"Are you okay to go home alone?" Luna asked me when we reached the fron of their house.

 

"Yeah. Go inside now." I answered to her. "Good night, shorty." I said with a smile as I pat her head. She look at me with concerned eyes and then she hug me again.

 

"Good night."she said after she plant a peck on my cheek and flashed a sad smile.

 

I smiled back at her and watch her go inside their house. I walk home, with full of thoughts in my mind. I decided to drop by into Krystal's neighborhood. I reach at the front of their gate and all the rooms' lights were already turned off. I think her and Noona were already asleep. I whisper to the wiind my good night at them. 

 

"Amber?"

 

I heard Krystal's voice when I turn around and was about to leave. My heart starts to pound and I feel nervous. I don't know why I feel this way now. I calm myself down and pretend that I didn't hear anything. I start to take a steps again but before I can go farther from her,she grab my arm which made me stop from walking.

 

"Please, just for a minute. I want to talk to you."she stated and then she slowly let go of my arm. "Just stay like that." she stopped me from turning around. "I have three things that I wanted to say to you."

 

I can hear her letting out a deep sigh before she starts to talk to me again.

 

"First of all, I want to say sorry. I'm sorry if I didn't attend your birthday party. I-It's because I know that you don't want to see me anymore."she stated.

 

'If only you know I waited for you in the entire party.'

 

"Second.."she paused and made me hold a small box. "Happy Birthday. I hope you will like my simple gift."she continued and it made me smile.

 

"T-Thank you."I mumbled and there's a brief silent for a while.

 

"And last,..."she paused again.

 

I wanted to turn around because it's taking her long to continue what she was saying. I stoped when I heard her say another word again.

 

"I miss you so much Am. I'm sorry if I if I were not a perfect girlfriend to you."she said with a sad voice. "I'm happy for you right now. I know Ailee will make you more happy than I did. If I ever did."she continued and hearing his words stings my heart.

 

I turn around to look at her and I find her silently crying. Seeing her cry, gives a pain in my heart. A pain which hurts more than my head do. I slowly walk to her and lightly hit her head.

 

"Who told you that Ailee makes me more happy than you do, idiot?" I told her as I wipe her tears.

 

She looks at me and judging from the look in her face, I think she got surprise as well as confuse.

 

"Don't cry, you look ugly if you do. Don't cry for me, I'm not worth crying for and I don't deserve your tears. I want to see you smile always. You know I love to see your smile. Can you do that for me? To always keep that smile on your face? That is my long lasting birthday present that I wanted from you." I told her with a smile.