Bad Mood

Looking From A Distance

AMBER's POV

 

I like my new hairstyle now. I think Jessica-noona is a good hair stylist. Mom loves it too and I think she come to like Krystal more. She keeps on talking about Krystal over our dinner, complimenting her. I just nodded my head, too tired to argue with her.

 

"Honey, it's 7:30 now. What time are you going to leave?" Mom asked me from downstairs.

 

"Quarter to 8,Mom."I yelled while fixing myself in front of the mirror.

 

"You better hurry up there, Young Man! It is better for a guy to wait than made a girl wait for him."she stated.

 

"I know that, Mom."I mumbled. "Yeah!" I yelled to her and then look at the mirror for the last time.

 

I wear a black skinny jeans, black sleeveless shirt for inner and a black hoodied zip up sweatshirt which I rolloed up the sleeve into my elbow. I wear my black sneakers and put on my LA black cap. I think it is not a formal party I am attending to so this get up is fine. When I got downstairs, Mom is looking at me weirdly from head to toe. She is looking at me with raise brows and then later, facepalmed herself.

 

"What?" I asked her.

 

"You are so uncool."she commented.

 

"Mom, I'm attending a house party and not a formal party."I told her.

 

"I'm sure you will look like a thief beside Krystal."she grimaced. "Take off your hat. Geez!"she said and snatch my hat.

 

I want to protest but I don't want to have a long lecture with her so I just let it go.I kiss her on her cheek and said my goodbye to her. It is really Luna who always tell me what to wear everytime we are going out. She is my personal stylist I guess. I miss that pettite girl, I wonder how she is now.

 

"Oh, your.....early." Jessica-noona said to me while looking at me with raise brows when she opened their door.

 

"Ah,yeah."I answered to her.

 

"Come in. Soojung is still upstairs, changing."she said as she open the door widely and step aside.

 

"Thanks Noona."I replied to her with a smile and gets inside.

 

I think Noona and Krystal doesn't have the same circle of friends because it seems to me that she is not coming with us. I waited for Krystal at their living room. Jack-Jack came running to greet me. I lift him up and play with him. I sat on their living chairs. While playing with Jack-Jack, it suddenly cross my mind the question about their parents whereabout. I guess they are working overseas or something.

 

"Amber, do you have any girl you like?" Noona suddenly asked me.

 

"Nope."I replied shortlya s I continue to play with Jack-Jack.

 

"What is the type of girl do you like?"she asked me curiously and it made me look at her. I saw that she is waiting for me to answer so I began to think.

 

"Uhm, I guess a girl who is nice and easy to get along with. Caring, understanding,fun,sweet and not a jealous type." I told her and she nodded her head.

 

"Not a jealous type."she mumbled and it made me furrowed my brows. "Does outside appearance has strong impact on you?"she asked me.

 

"Nah, as long as her appearance is socially acceptable, I guess."I stated and scoffed.

 

"Socially acceptable?"Jessica-noona questioned and laugh. "Hmmm, Soojung is popular in your school right?"she asked.

 

"Yeah."I replied shortly.

 

"But you don't have a crush on her?"she questioned and I just nodded my head. "Why, you don't find her attractive?"

 

"She is undeniably pretty but, I think her appeal is not that strong to me." I answered her.

 

"Oh really? You don't really have any small feeilings for my sister. Even just 1% of attraction?"she asked me.

 

"I don't know, Noona."I replied and scoffed. I think she is thinking that Krystal and I like each other or something that is why she's asking these questions.

 

"You don't know?So there is a possibility that there is?"she questioned.

 

"Maybe."I replied, unsured of my answer.

 

Our attention was then transferred to Krystal who just got downstairs. She is really skinny but still looks y because of her body figure. She is just wearing a white skinny jeans and white hanging blouse. I can't help but to wonder if it doesn't makes her feel cold witht that clothing.

 

"Let's go."she said with a stern voice. It seems to me that she is not in the mood tonight.

 

"O-Okay."I replied to her and put Jack-Jack down.

 

She just walk ahead going to the main door without even saying goodbye to her sister. I bowed to Noona and said my goodbye to her. I pat Jack-jack's head and followed Krystal. I wonder what's wrong with that girl. When I got outside, there is already a black car waiting outside. Krystal is sitting at the backseat, looking impatient.

 

"Hurry up, you slow Llama!"she yelled.

 

What the heck is wrong with her?! I enter the car then the driver starts the car. I think he notice that his boss is not in her mood. Krystal lean back and just stay quiet, looking outside the window on her side. She mumbled something but I didn't hear it clearly.

 

"Huh?"I asked her.

 

"Shut up!"she yelled at me and give me her icy glare. I was slightly taken aback to it.

 

"What's wrong with you?" I questioned her because she is starting to annoy me.

 

"I told you to shut up, didn't I?"she replied.

 

"Aish, if you are not really in the mood to attend this party, then don't force yourself." I said to her annoyingly.

 

Krystal looks pissed off when I answer her that way. I withdraw my eyes from her and look in other direction, opposite to her.

 

"You.."she grunted and then smack my head which made me wail in pain.

 

I feel like I am inside a cage with a tigress that is ready to tear my flesh. This girl is really dangerous to be with. I don't understand why she is acting this way right now. I move a little further from her because I'm afraid that she might stab me or poke my eyes next. I rub my head to ease the pain. The driver gave me an apologetic smile through the front mirror. I wonder what is really wrong with this girl. She is incredibly in her bad mood right now.