Krystal-free?

Looking From A Distance

AMBER's POV

 

When I keep my distance away from Krystal, everything went back to normal. Well not really everything but most of it. My friends are always stared at me everytime Krystal and Kai are around and to be honest, it's making me feel uncomfortable. I don't know what's running into their almost empty mind.

 

"Will you guys just cut it off."I said to them annoyingly. "Stop staring at me like that." I continued.

 

"You don't feel anything at all seeing them together?" Key asked me.

 

"Am I susppose to feel something?" I questioned him sarcastically.

 

"Judging from this..."Taemin spoke, placing the photo on our table. "You two have the same looks in your eyes."he continued.

 

"Aish! Where did you get that?!" I tried to get the picture but Jonghyun and Onew who are sitting beside me hold me down. Taemin quickly grab the photo and put it away from me.

 

"You can't deny anything to us bro. We know that you have hidden feelings for our Krystal."Minho stated and scoffed.

 

"Why do you guys keep on insisting that I have feelings for her? Geez, she is not even my type!" I remarked as I yanked Onew and Jonghyun's hands off me.

 

"We all have reasons why we are still single right now."Jonghyun spoke.

 

"It's because no girls will accept you."I stated and scoffed.

 

"Of course not! It's because we all want to date Krystal Jung except Onew." Key answered.

 

"Now tell us Am, what is yours?" Onew asked me with a sly smirk on his face.

 

"You really want me to tell to you all of my reasons? Well first, having a girlfriend is not yet on my mind. Second, I'm too busy to have one and third, I don't think that person is around me yet." I said to them while counting those reasons with my fingers.

 

"She is already in front of you but you choose not to look at her."Luna in and sit beside Key.

 

"Our Princess had finally arrived." Minho remarked and Onew flash his charming timid smile at her.

 

"Not you too, Lun."I whined.

 

"Beat it, Dino!"she said and rolled her eyes.

 

I really don't understand why they are all thinking that I like Krystal. I choose to leave them first because I needed to go to the library and borrow some books. Our final exam will be next week and it is our last week of class. Before I enter the library, I saw a girl who is carrying a lot of books in her hands so I decided to open the door for her.

 

"Thank you!"she said to me with her friendly smile.

 

"No problem." I replied to her and smiled back. "Uhm, let me help you." I said to her because I notice that the load she is carrying is heavy for her and she is quite struggling.

 

I get the books from her hand, she protested at first but I insisted. At the end, I ended up carrying her books into her classroom. She is one year ahead of me and she is really tall for a girl. I bet Luna will looks like a dwarf standing beside her or I am just exaggerating?

 

"Thank you."she thanked me again after I put the books on her desk.

 

"Your welcome."I replied to her with a faint smile.

 

"What is your name?"she asked me.

 

"Amber Liu."I answered shortly.

 

"I am Victoria, Victoria Song."she said and extend her hand to me for a handshake.

 

"Nice to meet you, Noona."I answered and reach for her hand.

 

"Nice to meet you too, Amber."she said flashing her sweer smile. "And please, don't call me Noona. It makes me feel like I'm way more older than you."she continued and giggled.

 

"Oh, okay." I replied to her.

 

Well, I think she is a cool girl. I excused myself to her and head out to their classroom. When I head back to the library, I got a little bit surprise to see Krystal standing at the entrance looking at me coldly. I decided to just ignore her but she blocked my way which really surprise me.

 

"What the..."

 

"Why you are friendly to others but not to me?"she questioned me with anger in her voice and she is really looking straight in my eyes.

 

Honestly, I find her weird and annoying. I don't know what she wants from me. But while looking on her eyes, I don't know why but I see sadness and pain in it. Somehow, it makes me feel guilty and sad as well. I let out a deep sigh to calm myself and to think straight.

 

"Your boyfriend are so going to kill me."I mumbled.

 

"I won't let him do that to you."She answered.

 

"Yeah right. "I replied sarcastically and scoffed.

 

It makes her look away from me. I mentally face-palmed myself for being such a jerk to her. I think I just hurt her feelings.

 

"Nevermind, I'm sorry that I bother you."she said coldy and then walked away.

 

After this conversation, our path didn't cross again until our school ends. Now it is already summer break and my friends go to the place where they wanted to spend their summer to. I thought in this time, I will be Krystal-free but I got wrong...

 

"Good mo....." I cut my sentence when I recognize the person who just enter inside our cafe. I am totally surprise to see her.

 

"Aigoo, you are already here."Mom said who with a smile when she got out from the kitchen.

 

I looked at them with furrowed brows because I got confused.

 

"Honey, she will be our new cashier from now on."Mom said to me then she turn to Krystal. "Miss Jung, he is my son, Amber Liu and son, she will be your co-worker, Miss Krystal Jung."

 

My eyes widened when I heard what Mom had said. Krystal flash her sweet smile and greeted me politely. If Mom didn't elbowed me, I will just keep standing from my spot and will look stupid while looking at Krystal. I bowed to her and flash a faint smile. Now what will happen? I hope Kai will not burn down our cafe because of this.