(Sequel) We can't go back, so let's make it better...

The Pain Of Han-River

Hello ! ^-^

Since some of you did not really like the open ending of this story and therefore wished for a sequel, I decided to write one for you. I hope you will like it ! :) Please comment and tell me what you think, ok ? Thank youuu <3

 

----------

It was still so damn cold, even by the time Youngbae and Jiyong had finally reached home.

Though 'finally' is not the word that should be used at this point because both of them did not know what would happen that night. They did not know how many tears would be shed, how loud their screams would be and most importantly: what would happen to their relationship.

Jiyong had already been confused when Youngbae said they should go home together. Truthfully, he had expected his boyfriend to leave him there, to yell at him or scold him or whatever. But nothing. Now Jiyong was following him while he went up the stairs to their apartment, glancing at his back and hoping to see a hidden message, a signal, anything. But again :nothing. He did not dare to ask what was going on. He felt like he had lost the right to do anything right now. Who was he anyway other than a fool who had destroyed his luck with the best man alive due to a ridicilous one-night stand?

Many thoughts crossed Jiyong's mind while he was following Youngbae like an abandoned puppy. Maybe he was waiting until they got home? Maybe, after the door would close behind the two of them, Youngbae would start yelling at him, scold him and do everything he should have done the moment after Jiyong had confessed?  What if he would spend the night on the streets tonight, if Youngbae kicked him out?

Jiyong bit his lip as he tried to prevent himself from crying again. Even though he knew he would deserve it, he was not ready for that and a part of him almost made him turn around and run back to the banks of the Han river where he could have sobbed all night and drink the pain away with a good bottle of Soju.

However, once he heard the sound of the door being unlocked by Youngbae, Jiyong knew there was no turning back. He hugged the dog in his arms tighter as he mentally prepared himself for a big lecture. His boyfriend carefully rubbed his feet on the colorful doormat before entering their apartment, another reason why Dong Youngbae was perfect: He was tidy. He was clean. He was pure.

With small and careful steps Jiyong followed him, closing the door quietly. The puppy in his arm must have felt uncomfortable with his daddy squeezing him so tightly, so he struggled and yelped a bit, making Jiyong release him and put him on the floor. Without the animal's warmth, he felt even more cold.

The man who was supposed to scold him now was no where in sight, yet the sound of water filling the bathtube could be heard and Jiyong assumed that Bae wanted to take a hot bath. He probably needed time to calm down, time to think about everything all over again and the angel on Jiyong's right shoulder reassured him that maybe they would just talk things out and that everything will be alright again. Well, that was before the small devil on his left scoffed, whispering painful words into Jiyong's ear: " He is just washing away the dirty traces you left on his body."

He bit his lip again but this time a few tears escaped his eyes again. Jiyong dragged himself to their bedroom, not removing his jacket because it was cold and because he wanted to be ready when Youngbae would throw him out. Sobbing, he sat down on the bed and stared at the little framed picture on the nightstand. It was a picture of him and Youngbae on new year. Though his vision got blurry with each tear, Jiyong could still make out their bright smiles and Youngbae's arm around his waist and his own flushed cheeks. He remembered how Seunghyun had caught them kissing a minute before the photo was taken and how he had teased them all night and how embarassed Youngbae was because he was just shy like that. Jiyong grabbed the framed picture carefully, looking at it. Those memories felt so bittersweet right now. What if he would never be able to experience such things ever again? He inhaled and exhaled deeply. A sudden exhaustion filled Jiyong's body and soon his head hit the pillow. He hugged the picture in his arms and closed his eyes as some tears were still shed. He had no strength to hold them back anymore.

After a while, he was half asleep, still hearing small noises he could not really define. He wanted to open his eyes but he was scared to see an empty apartment or even worse: the stranger's face next to his. So he squeezed his eyes shut, No, no he did not want to see that. Not again. If it meant to sleep forever from now on, okay, but he definitely didn't want to feel that disgusting feeling again.

It was then when he felt the same warm hand on his shoulder again, shaking him gently. Jiyong flinched a bit at the contact.

His eyes shot open reflexively, forgetiing the fear of seeing something strange or nothing.

He didn't see anything strange or nothing.

He saw Youngbae instead. 

Jiyong blinked at him, opening his mouth a bit as if he wanted to say something. However, Youngbae only looked at him.

"Go and take a hot bath. It will make you feel warmer." , he said softly.

Jiyong sat up slowly, still glancing at his boyfriend in disbelief. Then he just nodded and Youngbae left the room without saying anything else.

When Jiyong entered the bathroom, he saw that Bae had already prepared everything for him so all he needed to do was to strip and let the warm water engulf his pale and cold body. The water just had the right temperature and Jiyong threw his head back in comfort when the cold finally disappeared.

He stayed like this for a while before he felt that it was time to get out.

When he opened the door, he noticed neatly folded clothes on the floor. It was his favourite sleepwear. Jiyong picked them up and pressed them against his chest. His heart started beating in excitement since a small hope crept up in him. He quickly got changed with his hair still a bit wet and went back to the bedroom, sitting on the bed and folding his hands in his lap as he stared at the floor.

Youngbae entered the bedroom a minute later, filling it with the scent of hot chocolate. He hesitantly sat down next to Jiyong and offered the cup to him, which the latter took quietly.

They couldn't look at each other and the situation was awkward. Both of them would have never thought that they would be awkward with each other one day.

However, Jiyong had to do something. He couldn't stand the silence. He put down the cup on the nightstand and was about to start  but the older man was quicker as he stood up and took the cup with the intention to bring it back to the kitchen. It was then when Jiyong caught his wrist.

And when their eyes met.

Youngbae seemed to understand Jiyong's pleading look and sighed. He put the cup back on the nightstand and his regretful boyfriend stood up. 

"Youngbae...Why?", Jiyong dared to ask.

"Why what?", Youngbae asked back silently.

"Why...are you acting like this? Why...aren't you mad at me?"

Youngbae took his hand back from Jiyong's grip, facing the younger boy. "Who said I wasn't , Jiyong? I am disappointed from you. I thought I could trust you.."

"You can still trust me!", Jiyong said sincerely as tears filled his eyes again, "I didn't cheat on you, Youngbae! I only didn't listen to you and that was my biggest mistake!"

Youngbae frustratedly ran a hand through his hair. " It's always like that! Why can't you just listen to me once? Damn it Jiyong! Damn you and that ing alcohol of yours!"

 "I...I am sorry. I really am..." , Jiyong sniffed, "I would never cheat on you...I love you so much.."

"Love is not only about saying it. You have to show it, too, once in a while. And if you really loved me, you would have listened. And if you listened then that bastard wouldn't have..!"

"Stop, please stop!" , Jiyong yelled, "I don't want to hear that, please!"

Youngbae exhaled deeply, biting his lip. He needed to calm down before he would say something over the verge. He sat back down on the bed again, burrying his face in his hands.

Meanwhile, Jiyong kept crying. He knew it was over. They were over. So he went to the cupboard and took out a suitcase from it, thinking that he had to do this favor for Youngbae. He stuffed some clothes in the small suitcase while wiping his endless tears. But then...

"What do you think you are doing, Kwon Jiyong?"

But then he felt how his arm was being yanked and then suddenly, Jiyong's head hit Youngbae's warm and strong chest and his small waist was held by his boyfriend's strong arms.

"What do you think you are doing?", Youngbae almost breathed , his voice slightly cracking. 

"I...I thought you were breaking up with me." , Jiyong sobbed.  "So I..wanted to leave."

"Oh, you silly...", Youngbae broke the hug and took Jiyong's face in his hands. He his soft cheeks and started kissing all his favourite parts of that face - basically every single spot. "How could I break up with you?"

It was then when Jiyong understood that the best man alive was in front of him and that he was going to give him a second chance and he would do everything to earn his trust back.

"Are..you..forgiving me?" , he still asked to be completely sure.

Youngbae put his forehead on Jiyong's, holding his waist. "I..I will need time to forget this. However..I can't leave you just like that. You are my everything, Jiyong. But next time you have to listen to me."

Jiyong nodded immediately. "I promise. I promise I will listen to every word you say, Bae."

Youngbae brought his lips to Jiyong's face again, kissing his way down from his forehead to his lips, going further down to his neck as he realized how much they had actually missed each other.

"Erase his traces from me, Bae. Please, baby..", Jiyong breathed softly, enjoying the familiar touches on his body.

This time it was Youngbae who listened to him and soon only his marks were left on Jiyong.