Chapter 2

If I have a Lover

 

*Jay’s POV*

She called me JP? Or was it my imagination? Jiji is in California or maybe she’s back? Aish! This is killing me! I’m pretty much crazy now, who’s that girl? Maybe she’s the new student, she’s pretty but I feel different towards her and she called me JP, well that’s what I heard and only Jihyun or Jiji, that’s what I call her calls me by that name! “yoohoo!” my thoughts are interrupted because of Jiyeon. “what? Who’s that girl and what did you do to her?” I asked Jiyeon coldly. “what? She started it! She bumped me oppa” Jiyeon answered and I freakin feel that she’s flirting with me again. Stop me or else I’ll throw this girl! “get off me will you?” I told her softly then left. “I LOVE YOU TOO!” I heard her scream.  Seriously Jiyeon is spreading rumors that we’re dating when the truth is I don’t like her, not even a bit! She’s not my type!

 

I arrived in my class and I saw an empty seat right next to that new girl. As if I have a choice so I sat down beside her, anyway she’s sitting behind Suzy,one of our fans. “hey Suzy!” I greeted her with a smile while taking a seat next to the new girl. Suzy just smile and I swear she’s melting inside. I looked at the new girl and was about to talk to her when I realized that she’s avoiding me. “excuse me?” I told her, “are you the new student here?” I asked her while trying to take a look at her face, “she is! She’s Nam aahaasdklffjka” Suzy said and I freaking did not understand because that new girl covered . “yes! I’m new here, my name’s not important though” she smiled at me. Weird -_-

 

 Few minutes after our professor, Mr. Lee came “good morning class! oh!” he said while looking at my seatmate, “isn’t it our new student. Come here dear, introduce yourself”. The new girl hesitated to stand but Mr. Lee was pretty persuasive. “uhmm” she started while standing in front, “annyeonghasseyo” she bowed. “I’m—my name is---- shoot! Ok, I’m Nam Jihyun, Namji for short. I’m from California and I moved here a year ago” I couldn’t believe what I just heard! Jiji? She’s my childhood friend Nam Jihyun? Wow! She’s so pretty now, she’s grown a lot! Then a though came to my head, did she still remember me? I saw Jihyun taking a seat next to me still avoiding my gaze. “Jiji?” I said but she just smiled and did not respond. Oh come on!

 

*Jihyun’s POV*

“I’m—my name is---- shoot! Ok, I’m Nam Jihyun, Namji for short. I’m from California and I moved here a year ago” I couldn’t imagine that I said all that. I mean JP’s here! He’s here! In fact he’s my seatmate and I just couldn’t stand looking at him. I know that everything wouldn’t be the same now since it’s been 8years since I last saw him but he’s so hot now! Shut up Jiji! What are you saying?! “Jiji” oh goodness! I know that voice and I miss it too. I just smile at Jay and did not respond, I just listened to Mr. Lee’s lecture although I was just staring at him the whole time because Jay is taking over my mind and I can clearly see that he’s stealing glances at me! Stop Jay, you’re melting me! You have a great life, forget about your childhood friend, will you?

 

*author’s POV*

During lunch time, Suzy and Jihyun sat together in one table. “are you freaking kidding me?! Him? And you? Childhood friends?! Well let’s go and hang out with the JTTL band! I mean hey! You’re freaking lucky Namji! Do you even know that? Not all people will get the opportunity to hang out with them I mean just imagine, JTTL band featuring Bae Suzy! OMG! That would be the greatest collaboration ever!” Suzy talked nonstop while Jihyun is just eating her lunch while listening to her bestfriend. “Su” Jihyun said while holding Suzy’s hand, “calm down ok? I don’t want him to know about me especially now that I’m dying, remember? And hey, he has a great life now. What would people think of me? That I’m taking advantage of Jay? Suzy, I’m contented with this life. Like we consider each other like classmates, just like that” Jihyun explained. However Jihyun saw the look on Suzy’s face which is staring at someone behind her. “Principal!” Suzy said while standing immediately. “Ms. Nam Jihyun? Someone’s looking for you, she’s waiting in the oval” Jihyun immediately stood up and went to the place where the principal said.

 

*Jihyun’s POV*

A girl? Looking for me? In the oval? As I closely approached the area, I see no one not until I saw my Mom standing. “Mom!” I said while running to her, “what are you doing here?”. “Namji, I already told him and the rest of his friends” ok, I’m confused. What’s this all about? “Jiji” don’t tell me! Please don’t tell me it’s JP! No! I slowly turned back and there I saw JP standing. “ I heard, I’m sorry” JP suddenly burst into tears and hugged me. “wait,wait” I said while releasing myself from his hug, “why are you crying? And why are you saying sorry?” Jay heaved out a big sigh, “I know about your sickness and I want to help you” WHAT?! WHO TOLD HIM ABOUT MY SICKNESS? AND WHO TOLD HIM THAT I’M JIJI? CAN ANYBODY EXPLAIN?! I looked at Mom with a puzzled look, then someone spoke up which I think is part of the JTTL band. “hey Ji, I’m L” he smiled and shake my hand. “okaaay, can I like just talk to JP for a while?” I said while dragging JP away from them. “what’s this? How did you find out about me being Jiji and my sickness? Is this a charity even JP? I don’t need your help, if you’re rubbing in my face that your life is better than mine then the heck I care!” Jay just stood there, like what’s wrong with him? Isn’t he going to hit me? After all he’s the bad boy right? Instead he calmly replied “the moment I saw you I already knew Jiji and it’s not out of charity. I’m still your bestfriend no matter what, we’ve been together for how many years and I don’t want that to go to waste. I want to help you! I want to make the last moments of your life memorable” I burst into tears and I can’t stop it! “why are you crying?” he said while hugging me, “up until now you’re still a cry baby? Grow up Ji!” he giggled. I stared at him and gave him a smile, “I miss you, you know that?” and I gave JP a big hug. A hug from my heart and a hug that I’m longing to give for so many years.