Chapter 1

If I have a Lover

 

“If I have a boyfriend” That was her first line of our song, a song that we were supposed to sing in a very important occasion.  But that prestigious event didn’t take place. Her sweet voice is still fresh in my mind and her angelic smile is still visible. Jihyun is her name, the girl whom I loved for the rest of my life. I’m Jay Park and this is our story.

CHAPTER 1

*Jay’s POV*

“wooooh! Let’s go baby!” I screamed while running my car furiously around the neighbourhood. I’m Jay Park; I’m an artist, a playboy and heartthrob. I love playing with girls; well it’s the reason why they’re here right? To be played with, to hurt and to be feel unloved. Every morning my boys and I go driving around the house with loud booming music, they wouldn’t care because they have no match for me. My friends are my bandmates; Taeyang with guitars, Tao with drums and L (yeah, pretty weird name) with back-up vocals and guitars. “come on bro, let’s stop somewhere. I’m hungry” L whined. Yes, he’s the whiner in our group and he’s the most normal looking too. He’s pretty serious with life and he’s too darn smart.

“manager texted me, she said school starts in an hour and we should not dare miss it or we’re screwed” Tao said. I just laughed at the thought “ha! Manager? Screw us? Since when did that happen? She probably said that a million times already” I said while parking the car in the nearest coffee shop. Outside I can already see our sasaeng fans “Ugh!” I said while bumping my head in the steering wheel, “how did they manage to find us?” “could we just at least tell them we’re taken?” suggested Taeyang. “you must be pretty stupid, right?” L said, “manager told us to not publicly date because it will ruin our image, now here you are suggesting that we should lie that we’re in a relationship?” L added. And the argument continues. I swear, once L opens his mouth, he will never stop talking.

 “could all of you just SHUT UP?! I’m hungry ok?” Tao said which brought laughter all over the car. You see Tao is known for his gentle side. “now you’re all making fun of me?” “No no, it’s just. Come on saeng, it’s ok. No need to shout” Taeyang patted Tao’s back. Seeing the sasaeng fans leave is the most relieving part ever! You know the sasaeng fans right? They are worse than stalker or paparazzi because they are both and I just can’t stand them. Well I love my fans, I really do, don’t get me wrong with that but these kinds of fans who are obsessed with us? Like dude, you also have a life. As we entered the shop Mrs. Choi greeted us. “Oh and isn’t it the JTTL band! How are you boys?” You see Mrs. Choi, a middle aged woman owns this coffee shop and we’re regular costumers here. She’s like our 2nd mom. “L’s hungry ajhumma” I said while sitting down exhaustedly. “sure my dear, I’ll get food for you” Mrs. Choi answered while closing her restaurant temporarily. She does this everytime we’re here. That’s why we love her. “oh and ajhumma, can you cook pancake for me please?” L added. Mrs. Choi smiled and went to her kitchen. “when’s our comeback again?” Tao asked.  I just sat there with my hand covering my head because I was too exhausted. “come on guys, can you please answer me?” Tao whined. And I though L was the only whiner. “somebody just answer him!” I said annoyingly. “next month, comeback’s next month. Happy?” I answered because everyone was busy with their phones.

“here you are my dears” Mrs. Choi said while approaching us with pancakes and coffee,”just like the old times” she added. *ring ring ring* “just a sec” Tao said while answering his phone. “hello manager? Yes, we’re still in the coffee shop. Oh come on it’s too early.  Fine, fine” he then put the phone down. “it’s manager, she told us to go to school right away. Emergency” Tao said. “darn it! Let’s go!” I said while standing up. We hugged and thanked Mrs. Choi for the food and we left.

*Jihyun’s POV*

Hey there, I’m Nam Jihyun! I love to sing and write lyrics. I’m from California but moved here in Korea for my treatment, yes I’m sick. Not the sick like normal sick, I have leukemia and I’m dying. Apparently that wasn’t a good way to start my intro, but yeah. I’m living with my Mom since Dad left us when I was little. You know the JTTL band? Well the lead vocal their which happens to be a jerk according to some girls is my childhood bestfriend and Mom told me to see him but I don’t want to. I mean he’s famous and all, I don’t want to interrupt his life. I did a little research on him, just a little because I’m not their fan, he was pretty much a bad boy but the people still loved him because his treatment among fans is way way better than you could ever imagine. Enough about them, let’s talk about myself now. I have one and only bestfriend and she’s Suzy. I met her here in Korea and we go to the same school now since I’m moving.

“namji!” I heard my mom shouting my name. “yes mom?” I answered back while fixing myself. “come down now, you’ll be late for class!” I immediately went down, kissed my mom and waved her goodbye. I ride my bike on the way to school since it’s few meters away. “hey namji!” “oh! Suzy ssi~” I said while hugging Suzy. “you ready for school?” she said, “you bet! Come on let’s go” I said while driving the bike.

*author’s POV*

Jihyun and Suzy arrived in Sunkyunkwang Univeristy and was amazed because of the big improvement. “sure is a great school” Suzy said while looking around the corridors. Suddenly they heard girls screaming and running towards the door which pushed Jihyun and Suzy to the side. “hey watch it!” Suzy annoyingly said. “come on, get up” Jihyun answered while offering her a hand. “so celebrities go to school here?” Jihyun asked. “well yeah. The JTTL band, only the JTTL band!” Suzy answered while fangirling. “you adore them?” “well yeah, I mean who doesn’t. their lead vocalist is handsome! I heard he’s dating the head cheerleader here, Park Jiyeon” Jihyun just stared at the door as the JTTL band entered; she was shocked to see Jay. “wow! He’s different now” Jihyun mumbled. “what? Are you saying something?” Suzy answered while trying to take a picture of the JTTL band. “nothing! Maybe we should go to our room now, class starts in 10minutes” Jihyun answered while dragging Suzy’s hand. “but Namji, I wanna take a picture with them!” Suzy whined, “you’ll get that soon” Jihyun answered while walking not watching her way. “ouch!” a cold voice said, “could you at least watch where you’re looking?!” she’s Jiyeon, the prettiest girl in school and the headcheerleader. You don’t wanna mess with her. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know you were there. I’m really sorry” Jihyun answered while trying to walk away but Jiyeon grabbed Jihyun’s hand and slapped her face. “you deserve that!” Jihyun just stood there and didn’t know how to respond. “what’s going on here?” Jihyun heard a voice. She lift her head up and saw Jay. “JP” she softly said. Only Jihyun call Jay JP. “what did you just call me?” Jay answered, “huh? Oh, nothing. I was just going. And I’m sorry again Jiyeon ssi” Jihyun said while bowing and grabbed Suzy with her. “screw it! I don’t wanna go to school anymore!” Jihyun said while walking away.