Picnic

Exo's collection of short stories

 

 

White puffy clouds like moist cotton buds floated against the azure blue sky. The trees swayed gently in the cool breeze. It was a perfect day for a picnic.

‘’Yah baekhyun, did you remember to bring the basket?’’ asked Suho, who was busy trying to find a good spot for a picnic, preferably away from the kissing couples and loud children.

 

‘’ Yea, I did,’’ yelled baekhyun, struggling to carry the picnic basket.

What did they put inside ? Gold bricks ?

‘’Baekhyun hyung , I think you should really workout more,’’ suggested Kai, causing Baekhyun  to glare at him.

The entire group of 12 boys were out . They hardly have days off; it was even rarer to have a day off together .  Wanting to relax and have some fun, they  went out for a picnic.

Being fussy, Suho wanted to find a perfect spot. He couldn’t settle for the spot beside the family and their screaming kids. The spot there didn’t have enough space while the other spot there didn’t have enough shade. After going around for what seems like an hour, he finally settle for a spot near the pond.

‘’ Finally,’’ the boys sang except Baekhyun, who was still  struggling with the basket.As D.O spread out the large mat, Luhan and Xiumin proceed to grab their soccer ball and run to whatever open space available to play soccer. Watching them run off, Sehun felt a pang of loneliness.

‘’Hyungs ! Wait for me !’’ shouted Sehun as he proceed to join the game as it became increasingly unbearable to watch the two of them having fun without him.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol and Kris started rapping together, attracting weird stares from the surrounding people.

‘’Hyungs, please don’t embarrass us,’’ pleaded Kai.

Instead of listening to him, they continued rapping .Chen even started singing along. Just as D.O finished spreading out the mat, a sudden strong gust of wind blew it away.

Immediately, Suho and D.O ran forward and catch it, holding on to each end.

‘’It’s okay guys we got – ‘’ said D.O, walking forward .

‘’Zzziiiipp’’

A sharp ripping sound was heard, they boys turned and found out that the mat had ripped apart.

‘’D.O !’’ screamed Suho , ‘’ Look what you’ve done  ! How are we supposed to use a ripped mat ?’’ he asked agitatedly.

‘’It’s still usable ‘’ D.O said, shrugging.

‘’Aish ! ‘’

Just then, baekhyun finally arrive with the basket. Panting, he dropped the basket and proceed to take his eyelinear and mirror out.

‘’ Hyung, what are you doing ? ‘’ asked a confused Kai.

‘’I’m applying eyeliner, of course,’’ answered baekhyun a matter of fact as he draw on thick lines around his eyes.

‘’Where’ Tao ?’’ asked D.O, noticing his absence. The group looked around and spotted him having a stroll around the pond.

‘’He really must missed the beach’’ muttered Kai.

‘’Baekhyun yah ! ‘’ screamed Suho again.

‘’What ? ‘’ jumped Baekhyun, accidentally drawing eyeliner across his face.

‘’The food’s spilled, thanks to you when you dropped the basket! ‘’ fretted Suho.

‘’It’ still edible’’ said Baekhyun, shrugging.

So the boys spread out whatever edible food left onto the pathetic ripped mat. Kris and Chanyeol were still rapping while chen was still singing. Thanks to all the screaming done by Suho, the group attracted even more stares.

Awkwardly, the boys started at the food while baehyun worked on his other eye, when out of nowhere, a soccer ball landed in the middle of the mat, splattering mud all over.

‘’Oh ! ‘’ jumped Baekhyun again, drawing another line across his face, forming an X.

‘’Sorry ! ‘’ apologized a flustred Sehun. He had kicked the ball too far while trying to impress Luhan.

Suddenly, a screaming Tao came running over, waving his arms around like a lunatic.

‘’Arghhh ! ‘’ he shouted as a mother duck proceed to bite his .

‘’ I was just trying to play with one of the ducklings, ‘’ he shrieked, running to hide behind Suho.

More ducks came around to bite Tao. Embarrased, the boys quickly proceed to throw all the things into the basket to escape as soon as possible while Kris and Chanyeol came up with a rap:

Big mother duckie running around the block uh

With lighting speed, they finished packing and ran out of the park.

‘’This picinic is disastrous, ‘’ said D.O sadly.

‘’Now what do we do ? ‘’ asked Kai

The group remained silent, then Suho clapped his hands. ‘’ How about we go for bubble tea ? ‘’ he suggested.

Happily, the 12 boys agreed and raced each other to the bubble tea shop.

  Hey guys, sorry if the ending wasn't so good. I have some trouble writing it.

Anyways, i hope you enjoy this oneshot from me. Comments and  feedbacks are welcome !

Update: i'm combining my one shot stories into this collection of exo short stories