Customer

The One That Forgotten

 

 

          From : My Kai

           

Honey, I’m really sorry but I have to cancel our lunch and dinner. I have a collage project with my teamwork. The project is the determiner of my graduation. You won’t see me study over again for one semester, aniya? I have to rush my graduation so I’ll ready to propose you and make lots of children hahaha oh I’ll love the process we make them XD xoxo sorry if it kinda ert I just can’t stop thinking about our future life ;) So sorry once again honey. I really miss you like hell seriously :(

 

 

 

            Seohyun chuckled silently in the end of the message that she got one minute ago, forgetting about the sighed she let out when she read the first sentence of the message.

 

            “ert,” She mumbled with a wide smile and happy heart,

 

 

 

            To : My Kai

 

With only one message you could make me disappointed for canceling our lovey dovey plan, yet happy about your future plan for me and disgust with your ert mind kkk~ But alright honey, I understand :) Don’t ever send me that sad symbol anymore, got it?

 

 

 

            Sent.

 

           Seohyun then hide her phone against her chest, waiting for the new message that she hoped could be as soon as possible, with a happy smile still being played on, she felt the phone vibrate and she immediately swipe the screen of her Samsung phone and read the new message. Even till now, she somehow feels like a fangirl receiving a message from their bias every time Kai message her.

 

 

 

            From : My Kai

 

You’re the best, my cutie frog.

 

 

 

            Seohyun pouted cutely when she read the message but disappointed after it. Even the message is cute but she had to accept that it means the last message from him. There’s nothing more to reply. Well, time to get back working. She sighed and locked her phone before finally put it inside her apron’s pocket.

 

            She paid her attention back to the cake on the table before which still a bit hot caused it letting some vapor to the air, she sniffed the good smells of the cake and smiled. The scent of a newborn cake is the loveliest smell ever. She always happy after baking some cakes, there’s a satisfaction after you make a cake, she thought.

 

            In the middle of her admire to the newborn cake in front of her, she heard the bell clinking. She automatically greeted the new customer who will feel satisfied soon or later as well.

 

           “Yuri eonni, are you busy in the kitchen?” She exclaimed from the cake shop window to the kitchen with a normal tone yet could be heard by Yuri, her new co-worker that she hired since the costumer in this shop keep increasing each day.

 

            “A bit, Seo. I can’t leave the cupcake, I’m decorating them now.” She replied from the kitchen,

 

            “Alright.” She said with a soft smile which could be felt from the way she said to Yuri.

 

            “I guess I’ll be your waitress, new customer.” Seohyun mumbled as she grabbed the small note book and a pen then immediately walked towards the table where the new customer was taking his seat, waiting for someone to order his errand.

 

            Seohyun stopped in the side of the table and bowed, “Annyeonghasseyo, is there something you want to order, sir?” She politely smiled to the new customer.

 

            She was shock at first, seeing the appearance of the customer. Usually customers came with their school uniform, or just some neat clothes which clean as well but this time, no, he different. The black t-shirt that he wore was dirty with something red –even almost change into black- splotchy in the chest side, brown shoes that scrapped in the side which like it was being shuffle off by something hard. Black swatch-watch that had broken such a concussion but after all what’s the matter with appearance? She thought.

 

            But a minute later,

 

            She’s like taken aback to see both eyes in front of her. The eyes… Like similar. But no, she never met him before.

 

            Both hearts were pounding crazily.

 

             What kind of feeling is this? She thought.

 

             They kept staring like they are childhood friends and just met after ages ago.

 

             She turned left her face to stop the eye contact between them. Trying to catch her focus back and continue working.

 

            “Sorry sir, I was like… oh forget it. Do you want to order some cakes? Or just milkshake?” She smiled to hide her nervous heartbeat. It wasn’t normal. She never likes this when she met someone especially a stranger. Even when the first time she met Kai, the heartbeat was… different.

 

            Seo, what happen to you?  She thought in the middle of her last air in her lungs, run out due the crazy heartbeat that she got in a time she looked at those two beautiful eyes from his.

 

           “Oh yes.. I order two chocolate cupcakes and two goguma ice cream with cheese for the topping.” He ordered.

 

            Bang.

 

            She was like having a heart-attack all of sudden. It was a cool coincidence that this guy ordered all of her favorite food. But after all, it’s still a coincidence, isn’t it?

 

            She nodded, still feeling strange by his ordered food, “Seems like you’ll have a lunch time with someone,” She said while wrote down the food that he ordered, trying to leave the awkward atmosphere before.

 

            “Yeah,” He smiled, “My long-time-crush. I’m going to meet her officially today,” He continued,

 

             She smiled.

 

             He’s so friendly. But.. Meet her officially? What does it means? She thought.

 

            “Like you guys haven’t meet for each other?” She asked, being curious. It just reminds her with her relationship with Kai. They never met before but then boo! Everything becomes smooth till now.

 

            “Yeah, kind of.” His voice became lowered,

 

            “Hey, sorry. I don’t mean to say like that. I mean, what’s bad with it? My relationship with my boyfriend was like that and we get along till now.” She tried to comfort him due her question before that maybe a bit harsh and rude in his ears.

 

            “Really? Chukkae.” He once again gave her his warmest smile of his.

 

            “It just nothing,” She blushed, “Anyway, please wait 10 minutes to get your ordered food. My co-worker will serve as soon as possible.” She bowed before finally leaving his table and walked back to the cashier place.

 

 

            After 10 minutes or maybe more, Yuri served the food which that man was ordering. Seohyun some times steal a glance for him. Every times she looked at him, everything that he do is looking at his watch, or just cut the pancake with a small pork without eating them or even opened up his mouth.

 

 

           Six hours elapsed like it was just 6 minutes, that giant guy still on his first position. The only changed is a cupcake which belonged to him was unshaped due 6 hours only being cut without any piece he put inside his mouth and now nothing left to be cut by the fork. And now the temperatures of both foods were exchanged. The cupcakes were being cold while the ice cream is no longer an ice since it was melting and became a liquid now.

 

            Something’s strange.

 

            Yeah, she realized it now.

 

            His long-time-crush that he had been waiting for isn’t coming.

 

            “Sweetie, it’s time to close, right? Sorry for not waiting for the last customer on that corner table, I have a family gathering now. Are you okay with this?” Yuri suddenly appeared, snap her to the reality.

 

            “Oh yes, of course. Don’t be late, eonni.” She smiled,

 

            “But, really Seohyun. Are you okay if I leave you alone with that customer left? I mean, I feel like he isn’t going anywhere till tomorrow since everything that he did from the last six hours was only sitting and keep him self quite. I think he is a monomaniac. Who knows he just runaway from the asylum hospital?” She whispered,

 

            Here she goes again. A meme-comic face from Yuri. Sometimes she felt entertained by the way she talks. It just, innocent, honest, yet so funny to be heard.

 

            Seo giggled. This girl really helps me for letting out my stress by working alone. I’m not wrong to hire you to become my co-worker, you are just too funny to be true, Yuri eonni. She thought while smiling by her funny talks,

 

             “Yah, don’t giggle. He’ll hear us.”

 

             “Sorry eonni, just leave immediately or you’ll be late. I’m okay with it, seriously. I was experienced enough of this,” Seohyun lightly pushed her to the main door with a playful laughs,

 

            “Alright, see you tomorrow my sweetie Seororo. Call me if there’s something wrong.” She winked before finally leaving the shop.

 

            Seohyun then walked towards the table in the corner of the shop. He didn’t pay attention when she walked to his table. His eyes were glued by blues. His view was empty. He was like a human without soul.

 

            She cleared . But he remained silent. Not realizing her arrival.

 

            She looked at his eyes, a bit worry now.

 

            “Jeosonghamnida, sir. Are you okay?” She asked after being confused of what to do to this giant customer,

 

            “Ah neh..” He was like being snapped by her politest way of carefulness. He looking around the shop, realizing that there’s no customer anymore inside. Everything life that left inside is only both of them, “Am I too long staying here?” He asked clueless,

 

            “Actually.. I’m hesitate to tell the truth but.. yes you are.” She gave her guilty smile,

 

            “Omo.. sorry, Miss. I shall leave now.” He was now standing but she stopped him by grabbing his wrist.

 

             However she felt a bit guilty since she knew the reason why he was staying here all day. The person he has been waiting for isn’t coming. She felt sorry and started wondering if she was in the same position like him. If Kai wasn’t appeared at that time she arranged to meet with her secret admirer, maybe she will end up crying and hide her self from the beautiful world unlike standing so tough like the person before her.

 

            “Hey, what’s your name anyway?” She asked, breaking the silence by her smile which filled with warmth,

 

            He back smiled, “I’m Kris.”

 

            He gave him his right hand and they shook.

 

            Both skins were touch. The soft, the warm. It was the first time ever after dreaming for so long.

 

            It was like a dream in a dream.

 

            The memory was back, the memory where it safe a happy in the beginning and the worst end in the end.

 

            It worth after a long time being alone in the cold crowded place full of strangers’ silences.

 

            “Hello, Kris. I’m Seo Joo Hyun. Call me Seohyun or Joo Hyun. Whatever you like. Anyway, where do you live?”

 

            “Near here..” He smiled, “Don’t you going to close the shop?”

 

            “I’m not in rush, I can close it later. Besides I don’t have any plans tonight so I can relax my self a bit in this shop.” She stated the truth,

 

            “Don’t you have any dinner plan with your boyfriend?”

 

            “Well actually he canceled it. He’s a bit busy lately,” She sighed, disappointed again somehow.

 

            “Really? He’s lucky to be with you.”

 

            “Pardon me?”

 

            “A-aniyo..” He stuttered, “I mean, not every secret admirer end up being with their dream girl. Well, maybe, like me..” He continued, his face became so blue and lifeless.

 

            “Yah, don’t be like that. Tell her once again, tell her about your feelings. Make it clear,” She held his hand while giving him a support. It was everything that everybody needs when they are in a down side.

 

            He smiled. A sincere smiled shine from his Chinese face.

 

            “You’re right.”

 

            They stared at each other for about 2 minutes. What are they related?

 

            “I have to leave now, give my greetings to your boyfriend, arraso? Bye.” He immediately left the shop, leaving the flustered Seohyun alone.

 

            A second later after the figure of Kris couldn’t be seen anymore, the door clinked again,

 

            “Oh oppa. You’re coming.” She got up from the seat with a shocked face, “You said you’re on your project with your friends?”

 

            “Well, I leave first. I don’t want to make you feel more disappointed, so I come here to have a diner with my lovely girlfriend. It’s a surprise!” He exclaimed happily,

 

            Why does Kris-ssi leave in a time Kai was going to come? No, stop being silly Seohyun. It just a coincidence, She thought.

 

 

            Well, another strange coincidence.

 

 

            “C’mon, let’s go to our favorite restaurant! Um no, let’s go to your house first and then we pick Joo Kyung so we can attend diner together like a little family! Isn’t it cute?” He ended his powerful sentence with an aegyo, make her heart melt and everything that she could do is only giggled like a little girl.

 

            “Alright, let’s go now. I’ll clean the shop tomorrow I guess,” She pulled his hand and rested her head on his shoulder while they were walking outside from the shop.

 

 

 

            Kai kept bursting lots of sweet talk to her which entertained her so much along their way to pick up Joo Kyung in her house. Seohyun wonder how could he focus on the road but his head kept making lots of sweet talks which so melting to be heard.

 

            “Yah, stop it you Mr. Sweet-Talker!” She hit his arm playfully with a blushed still on,

 

            “Am I that sweet? Tell me that I’m the sweetest boyfriend in the world!” He stick his tongue out to annoy her,

 

            She hissed cutely towards the one that driving the car in her left,

 

            “Anyway, there’s a customer that attract me so much,” She said, making a new conversation,

 

            He gawked in shock, “Bwoh? Who’s that? Omo, am I a bad person? Seo, sorry, it’s not what I mean to cancel our lunch, you know I’ve been so busy lately and sure you were very disappointed when you receive my message telling that I cancel our plans but--”

 

            She cut his words by giving a peck in his right cheek, “Shut up you funny boy, I don’t mean that he attract my heart. He just attract my attention, I don’t know why but when I see him..” She hung, she was hesitate to say, well it wasn’t that important to be told, she thought in her mind, “Well yeah, you know it just like that. He’s come with I don’t that I have to use this word or no but he’s like a hobo, his hair mess, and just so dirty. I don’t know where he had been doing before but just like that. And surprisingly, he ordered all of my favorite food. He said he’ll meet her long-time-crush who haven’t meet officially but after I decided to close the shop, the person he wanted to meet wasn’t coming. I pity him so much so before I close the shop, I decided to talk to him first just to comfort him, and his name is Kris..”

 

            Seohyun haven’t finish her explanation yet, but suddenly her body pushed towards caused her to stop her sentence before she could explain more,

 

            “Oppa! Why? Are you crazy? Why did you brake like that so sudden?” She sulked over him,

 

            He kept quite. Both his eyes were become widened.

 

            It can’t be true, he cursed over him self inside his little heart.

 

            Seohyun frowned because she got nothing in response, she peeked a see to his face, “Oppa gwaenchana?” She asked innocently,

 

            He turned his face to the right, looking at those beautiful eyes from hers in direct.

 

            You belong to me. Those 4 words kept spinning in his mind. He didn’t know why, he wasn’t the type of possessive guy, but this time, he has to make sure what belongs to him.

 

            You are mine, Seohyun.

 

            “Don’t talk to him anymore.” He mumbled be she could listen well,

 

            “Don’t..” He continued, turned around his face from hers. “Don’t..” He once again said that word still with the same intonation as before, but this time with a shake of his head on,

 

            “Why?” She asked confusedly,

 

            “I said don’t so just don’t do it anymore!” He shouted angrily like he has to angry. Without any body in the world know the reason. She blinked, more flustered by him. Today is just, full of strangeness and also.. Huge coincidence.