Neighborly LOVE

Neighborly LOVE

 

   He returns home in the dawn of afternoon. He opened his door quickly and runs to his fridge, grabs the cake and ran next door, ringing the doorbell. He fixed his hair and tie. A Middle-aged man opened the door.

“Moshi…..” The Neigbours eyes was wide open.

“Moshi! I am your next door neighbour..Sakurai-Sho”

“Oh..I never get greeted like this..eh…I am Matsumoto-Jun” He looked down with embarrassment.

“Nice to meet you, Here’s some cake as a welcoming gift” He hands the cake.

“Oh! There was no need to do that….Sakurai-san..” He blushed.

“There’s no need for thanks..Anyways…I Have to go…do..some errands..”

“Please, Stay..and have your cake with me..It’s the least I can do” Sho was surprised.

“Do you live alone? Because I don’t want to interrupt..”

“I Live Alone,,”

Oh..okay..If you insist”  He walked in the home. There were many boxes to be unpacked. His T.V, Laptop, and furniture in the living room were already set up.

“Take a seat Sakurai-san, make yourself at home”

“Thank you!”

Jun goes into the kitchen. A Few Minutes later he brings the cake and hands it over to Sho.

“This is very..yummy, Thanks you very much!” Jun smiled. Sho returned the smile.

“Haha, I’m glad you liked it..I Didn’t know what else to give you” Sho blushed.

“This is already enough” Jun turns on the t.v. Both of them converse for long hours. Sho’s eyes started to close, So did Jun’s.

    Hours later, Sho found himself in Jun’s living room and Jun sleeping on top of him. Sho didn’t know what to do. He tried lifting himself up, But Jun was heavy on him. He checked his phone -6:00 a.m-

, I’m already late, How am I able to explain to …boss” He thought. Jun moved away, and dropped onto the floor, still snoring.

Oh my god, That was a hard fall” He thought to himself again.

 Sho puts his jacket on Jun and leaves his room.  The Clock strikes mid-day and Jun wakes up, finding his parka on him. He gets up quickly and searches for him.

“Gone…” Jun was upset “No Sho”  He hugged the parka. The sweet smell of Cherry Blossoms and Old Spice from his jacket filled the scent in the air. Jun could not stop thinking about Sho, about that wonderful evening, his smile. Jun’s heart sips a beat whenever he hears the door being unlocked every evening. He has developed a huge crush his love at first sight.

  Sho would visit every day, Every day after work, So did Jun. Their relationship grew closer each visit. Sho helping Jun move around his things,his friendly hugs. Jun’s was very excited every time Sho came over. His crush was getting closer to him. They have become close neighbours.

   They planned a get-together on a Friday night, They spend the get-together at Jun’s place. Sho brought Aiba, his co-worker.Jun invited Ohno and Nino his friends from college. All 5 drinking and watching funny shows and sit-coms. They all had a good time, Ohno making awkward faces and dirty jokes. Nino… watching and laughing with them and Aiba so drunk, he kept leaning in to Sho made kissy faces at him. Sho slapped his face everytime he did it. Nobody was hurt, they all laughed.

“Ehhhhh, Ahhhhhhhh…..What time is it? Matsumoto-San..? Satosh….” Nino asked.

“Do you haf to go..like..staaaaaa, foooo a litllee loongeeeeeeeer!” Ohno replied.

“I Forgoott….asdfghjkl……My Parents and my Sister are coming ovvaaaaa tomorrow…”

“WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, REAAALLLLLY?” Jun yelled.

“You guys are soooooooo louudd” Sho covered his ears.

Ohno checked his phone

“It’s 1 a.m”

“Awwh.MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN, I’m Sorry..But I honestly have to goooo..”

“AYEEE, WILL YOU DRIVE???” Ohno asked Nino.

“I’ll go get a caab, heheh” He took out his cellphone and called.

“I’ll come wit you, Nino?”

They continued watching the screen. Nino looked out at the window.

“Cab is here, J thank you for everything! Sorry we couldn’t clean up, Bye Bye”

They waved and left.

“Misaki..When will you go…just asking..”

“I Don’t know..”

“You seem really drunk, sleep over at my place, here are the keys”

“I Should go…I feel really…~Yawwn~ sleepy, Thanks Matsumoto-San”

“Eh, No Problem” Jun waved him away. Aiba leaves them two alone.

Jun slides over to Sho “Tonight was fun, ne Tonight was amazing, we could have invited more people though”

   Sho lifts himself up “I’ll help you clean..since I did this mess”

“No, It’s alright…” Jun shakes his head.

“I Insist, Matsujun” Sho smiled. He collects the empty bottles and cans into a recycled plastic bag.

“Sho..Uh..I..” Jun stuttered and started to blush.

“Huh..? I Continue!” Sho demanded.

“These months that I Have been living here…I Really enjoyed it…and I have a crush..”

“Who..Oh My….Tell Me….Who is it…Aiba-Kun, Nino-Kun? OHNO-KUUN!” Sho gasped.

“It’s….you..” Jun said softly.

“NINO-KUUUN!” Sho giggled.

“No….” Jun rolled his eyes. “BAKA, IT’S YOU!”

Sho Stared at him for a moment with blank eyes.

“me…” Sho looked down and blushed.

“No....” Jun said under his breath.

“I Don’t know..what to..say…” Jun tackled him to the ground. Sho lying flat onto the wooden floor and Jun on top of him.

“You don’t have to say anything…” Sho’s eyes were wide open. Jun leaned and kissed him directly.

“Stay with..me…for the night..” Jun begged and Sho tried to struggle out, But Jun was stronger than he expected pinned his both hands.

“Stay..Sho…” He begged some more, He did not know what to do anymore. His begging made him seem more cuter.

“Jun..Aiba is…” Sho became really drowsy. Jun gives him a light peck on the lips to shut him up.

“Alright…” Sho returns the kiss back to Jun.

“A-A-Agaain” Jun pleaded. Sho was already asleep. Instead of dragging his body to the bed room. He gets a blanket and shuts off all the lights and sleep besides him. Jun got so worked up on the kiss that he could not sleep, but the alcohol took over him and he dosed off.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -  

“Matsujun, Hey Matsujun..?” Sho  looks at Jun with sparkling brown eyes.

“Hmm..?” Jun replies back.

“Marry me?” Jun woke up, with a sharp pain on his head from last night and from the sound of the door closed shut. He realized it was only a dream…But why that dream?

  He wiggles his arms around to stretch realized that Sho is gone. He cleaned up the mess and left a note besides him. It wrote:

     Dear Matsujun.

  I’m sorry if I caused you trouble last night…I was drunk and dizzy. This may hurt you but, I don’t want this relationship between us, but we still can be very close neighbours, sorry ….     

-Sho

 Jun was torn apart, His heart ripped in two halves like a tissue. He felt like a failure. The confession did not mean anything to him; Sho is straight and always will be. Jun whispered and held the note tightly,

“I’m Sorry, Sho..”

PART TWO COMING SOON ;D