Overheard

Overheard

 

 CHAPTER 4

“I told you this was a really bad idea!” Chaerin was panicking. No she was livid AND panicking. She didn’t know she could feel those two emotions at the same time but trust Bom to inspire the weirdest feelings in people.

“Oh shut up. You said yes, didn’t you? And be brave Chaerin. Live a little! " Bom waved her hand dismissively.

“But this is breaking and entering unni! It’s illegal and wrong!” Her voice went up a pitch. She couldn’t help it. Her emotions were getting the better of her.

“One, we have a key. Two, I got permission. Three, we can handle this. Four, keep your voice down or we’ll be found out.” Bom shot back.

“Yah, ssantoki! Tell unni that threatening Boram ssi is not the same as asking permission from him! We’ll be dead if Youngbae ssi found out we’re here! Look, we don’t know where he stashed the disc! Let’s just get out of here. We're clearly NOT WELCOME HERE.” Chaerin hissed under her breath. She gritted her teeth as she tried to figure out how to get out of this disaster-in-the-making. She looked at Dara’s direction and saw that she had that glassy look in her eyes like she was seeing but not really seeing. Damn it. Scratch that, this wasn’t disaster-in-the-making. This was a full blown trainwreck.

Bom’s “good idea” was to sneak into Youngbae’s place while he was out with the rest of Big Bang and “borrow” the disc to get the photo. They were currently in front of his bedroom, getting ready to go in to search for it.

Unfortunately, they ran into a problem. A really hairy and snarly one.

"Come on Boss, be nice to us. Here, I've got corn bread. That's a nice dog." Bom took out the bread she put in her bag earlier.

Boss wasn’t having any of it. He snubbed the bread and continued to guard the bedroom door.

“Girls, let’s retreat to the couch first and regroup. We have to think of a way through Boss.”



There was no use being angry so Chaerin just nodded at Bom’s suggestion and pushed the frozen Dara towards the living room. They were here now, they might as well continue their plan. After they got through the guard downstairs who luckily had a huge crush at Bom and who was easily persuaded into letting them in under the guise of a “surprise visit” for Youngbae, Chaerin thought it would be an easy in and out. But Youngbae’s place was bigger than she expected. There were a lot of corners to search. The place had white tiles for its flooring and its walls had flowery design on it. The huge windows offered an arresting view of the Han River especially now that it was night time. There was black leather couch in its living room where they now sat and across it was huge LCD tv. Beyond it were two bedrooms located near each other. At the junction between the two rooms was an off white dresser where a photo of Youngbae’s signature hairstyle in silhouette with a black frame was placed. If she was really just visiting, she would have felt at home in Youngbae’s apartment. It exuded an atmosphere as comfortable as its owner. 
 
Chaerin felt icy fingers grab her forearm and turned to stare at Dara who didn’t look like her usual cheery self.
 
“Hi-his beady eyes, did you see them? The way he’s looking murderously at us. He’s going to attack us anytime! He’ll sink those sharp teeth into us and then and then eat us!”
 
“Sandara Park, snap out of it! Boss won’t eat you.” Bom hit her on the head.
 
“Yah! This is all your fault!” Dara’s glare could have sliced a lesser woman into ribbons, but Bom being her, wasn’t fazed and just batted her mascara heavy lashes. 
 
“Stop it, you two.” Chaerin sighed, “Let’s just figure out how to deal with – “
 
Ring!
 
Whatever she was supposed to say was interrupted by the sound of someone ringing the doorbell. 
 
. What to do?!
 
“Oh my God! We’re so gonna be dead!” that was Dara who was looking around for an exit point. 
 
“Relax, it might just be a delivery person. Let him ring the doorbell,” Bom sat down and continued her strategizing on how to get past Boss.
 
God, why were her unnies like this?!
 
Chaerin stood up and went over the intercom to check who was calling. 
 
“OH NO! IT’S SEUNGHYUN OPPA!!” Chaerin’s panic attack came in full force.
 
“Well, let’s just not allow him in,” Bom replied still cool under fire.

That gave Chaerin a pause and quelled some of the panic. She watched Seunghyun through the intercom and asked, “Wait, he can’t see me can he? I mean, I can see him. ”
 
“God Chaerin, you and technology. No, he can’t see you,” this time it was Dara chiding her. She appeared to have calmed down.
 
“What? I was only asking,” she grumbled.
 
Chaerin glanced back at the intercom and saw Seunghyun getting something from his bag. He took something out of it and Chaerin knew they were doomed. 
 
“OH MY GOD BOM UNNI! HE’S GOT A KEY!”
 
“WHAT?! WHY?” Bom was the one to panic this time.
 
“HOW SHOULD I KNOW!” Chaerin shouted back.
 
“WE ARE SO BUSTED! HOW DO WE EVEN EXPLAIN THIS!” Dara was back to being hysterical.
 
“Ok, let’s all calm down and hide! Come on! The closet!” Bom declared.
 
As they heard the front door open, the three of them scrambled to get out of the living room. Bom grabbed Dara to the closet to hide. 
Unfortunately, she missed Chaerin who ran in full speed towards Youngbae’s bedroom, ignoring Boss who sensed that something was going on and barked.
 
As soon as Chaerin entered the room, she saw that the little balcony at the right end of the room was unlocked. 
 
“Hello! Anyone here?” Seunghyun’s deep voice echoed through the not so empty apartment.
 
Oh . He’s inside! Chaerin squeezed herself and huddled at one corner of the balcony. The door to the balcony was made of glass but a couple of chairs and the short blinds provided enough cover. Chaerin crossed her fingers, hoping that she won’t be seen. 
 
--
 
Seunghyun took off his shoes and slid on one of the house slippers in the shoe rack. Boss came trotting in greeting and barked 
affectionately at him. He crouched down and patted him on his head. 
 
He was sweaty from a magazine shoot his manager squeezed in between their recording sessions. He would have gone home but Jiyong ordered him not to be late for today’s meeting. On a normal day, he would have ignored Jiyong’s ing, gone home and take his shower there. But since his little “deal” with Daesung, Jiyong started tacking interest on his fines for being late. He had money, but Jiyong’s interest rate was exorbitant plus it included forbidding him and Daesung to talk or go near each other while they were recording. Jiyong was such a sadist! How was he supposed to ignore Daesungie? So, here he was, crashing on Youngbae’s place for a shower and being ordered to stay there until Jiyong and Youngbae arrived in the apartment. 
 
He walked towards the living room. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. He placed his LV duffel bag down and surveyed the room. He could have sworn he heard voices. It must have been Boss, he thought. 
 
He went inside Youngbae’s bedroom and sighed at the sight of the bed. He ran to it and lied down, relishing the softness. God he was so tired. Then, an image of Youngbae’s angry face popped into his head, Yah, hyung. Get out of my bed. You’re all sweaty and gross. I’m done cleaning your messes since we moved out of our dorm. He sat up immediately. 
 
Damn, he should have gone to Seungri’s place. At least all he had to do was stare at the life sized VVIP posters and photos of Seungri hanging in every corner and none of the silent threats like Youngbae does. 

He better take that shower. He took off his socks, and ed his pants. Then,he pulled at his shirt buttons one by one... 

--
Holy ! Is Seunghyun oppa stripping?

What should she do? Should she close her eyes? Chaerin turned around and felt her cheeks warming up. Oh my God, will she see Seunghyun oppa ?! Seunghyun was notorious for wearing layers and layers of clothes. Everyone in YG joked that if the world suddenly went back to ice age, he would be one of the few survivors in the world together with polar bears and Eskimos with the amount of clothes he had on. 
 
She peeked back at the small opening between the chairs that hid her. She felt like a peeping tom but she was mad curious!
 
Seunghyun stretched his hands out and then yawned after taking the two buttons off. He took the others off until it was all undone.

Wow. Here it comes! Chaerin got excited. Where was her phone? Should she take a photo for her unnis? They’d be dying for this scoop, Chaerin just knew it.
 
As he shook off the dress shirt he was wearing, Chaerin felt her pulse started to race. But then, he was wearing a v-neck beneath it. 
 
Damn.
 
Seunghyun looked at around and said, “Anyone there?”
 
! She said the last bit out loud.
 
Crap. Crap. Crap. 
 
But then he scratched his head and didn’t pursue it further. He grabbed the hem of his v-neck and started to lift it up. 
 
This is it! Chaerin got excited again. 
 
Seunghyun suddenly stopped in the middle of lifting his shirt and then walked towards the bathroom just a few feet ahead then shut the door.
 
Chaerin heaved a sigh of disappointment. Maybe when he came out she’ll see him .
 
An hour later...
 
She can’t believe she fell asleep lying on her side in a balcony of all places! A noise came from the room so Chaerin looked through the unobstructed part of transparent glass door as she saw the bathroom door open. Wow! Seunghyun was worse than Bom who takes 45 minutes to take a bath.
 
Chaerin took her phone from her pocket. A snap shot for a day! This would be perfect for her collection of nice photos together with Teddy oppa’s. 
 
She saw a foot first. Wow, he’s got nice feet. But then the foot was followed by jeans as she looked up.
 
Who the hell goes in and out of a bathroom fully dressed? 
 
Seunghyun oppa shouldn’t be named TOP, Chaerin thought. He should be called TEASE.

--
 
“Dara move your over there and stop breathing on my neck!”
 
“But it’s safer if we stay near each other. We’re less likely to be found.”
 
“If we’re going to be found, I’d rather still look decent and not like a crazy woman with a human backpack. Move ssantoki!”
 
“Alright. Alright.” Dara moved away from her. 

Bom looked around Youngbae’s closet room. It was almost as big as Boram’s room which was across it. He wondered why his clothes were located so far from his bathroom. But then thought of Youngbae’s tendency to walk around half . Yeah, that was no problem for him.
 
Then, the sound of heavy footsteps suddenly cut through her thoughts.
 
Oh no. Was Seunghyun going in? . She dragged Dara towards one of the large cabinets and they hid inside.
 
--
 
Youngbae, I’m sorry. I have to do this. I need it. 
 
Seunghyun sent a silent message, asking for permission. He needed a belt. Youngbae had a tinier waist than him but since he’s shed a few pounds after their Tonight promos, he figured one or two of them would fit him. After all, he and Jiyong had shared some clothes too. So their sizes couldn’t be that far apart.
 
Luckily, Youngbae kept his best belts hung in a rack outside the cabinets so he didn’t have to go through all his clothes. 
 
He heard something creak and he felt his palms sweat. He’s been hearing voices since earlier. He was sure he was sane since they’ve been taking those psychiatric tests that YG insists on (though their psychiatrists say that he had to lower his standards for sanity when it came to people in YG) so it couldn’t have just come from his mind.
 

There was only one explanation that made sense.
 
Youngbae’s place was haunted! 
 
He snatched the belt out of the rack and hurried out of the closet. He can’t be alone here! 
 
He took his phone and dialled a number.

"Yes, Seunghyun. What do you need?"
 
"Kush hyung, where are you?"
 
"Over at Teddy's place why?"

 “ Are you available? Can you come over at Youngbae’s place? ”

"Are you ok Seunghyun? Why are you asking me -"
 
"Just go here."

"I have stuff to do."

"You owe me, hyung. Or do you really want your girlfriend to see that pretty little photo of your colorful wig collection?"

"What? Why you -"

"It's just for like 5 minutes while I wait for Youngbae and Jiyong to come here."
 
As he ended the call, Boss ran towards him and barked happily.

"Don't worry, Boss. Kush hyung will be here soon. "