Heartbeat

Twisted Fate
Luhan followed her leaving the foods she cooked on the table.
Outside the building he can see no trace of Sena. He began to panic. He called for Lay’s help and said he’ll try to search in street cameras. He’s still wearing a suit and slacks in bare foot. He thought about going back his feet is getting cold, literally. He was at the same time thinking about Sena on what she’s wearing; she might be freezing cold right now.
“Stupid ing maniac.”
He stopped by the sound of the her voice. He looked to the right and saw a dark figure of a sulking woman who happens to be Sena. He heard her curse—again. He was smirking. Luhan thought his wife had become weak. Only the strong is able to curse. The ones that can accept and handle the consequences of cursing. He tried to play it cool and hide the fact he was worried about her.  
“It’s bad for a woman who's in a delicate situation to stay outside this cold.” He carried her in his arms.
He really did follow her. Not any of his guys, Lay, Chen or Kris but him. She looked upto his handsome face. If she’s really bearing a child and he’s the father; she wanted the baby (if boy) to inherit his eyes, his y hair, his nose, his jawline. Just his physical appearance. Sena thought. Don’t you ever copy your father’s coldness. And if it will be a girl of course she wanted to inherit hers.
“Could you stop staring?” Pff, there they go again, Sena was out of notice she was already staring at his stern face and Luhan caught her drooling of guard. Sena noticed they are heading to the parking lot and not to the apartment entrance.
“Where are you taking me?”
“Out for dinner.” What? He’s going to waste the food that I prepared? No. She wiggled to escape Luhan’s grip.
“What the ?” Luhan let her down.
“I’m going to eat what I’ve prepared. There are a lot of people suffering from hunger and I’m not going to contribute to their pain.” Great, I’ve married a woman who’s an ambassador for world hunger. Luhan thought.
Luhan couldn’t take his hunger anymore. Sena won’t let him eat the food she prepared with her because Luhan would just be eating it out of pity; and Sena wouldn’t allow that. For her, foods aren’t meant to be taken for granted. Her mom always said to her when she was still alive that everyone should be thankful they still receive graces. Sena finished all the food on the table and just finished cleaning the table. Luhan grabbed her by the hand.
“Hey! What was that for? It hurts you know...”
“I'm sorry, but if I’ll slow down, I’ll die in ulcer and that would bother your conscience since that is a part of hunger problem.” Luhan smirked. Tss. How many times have Luhan follow up his caring statements that brings her disappointments. She tried to think that Luhan is worried about her conscience but no, he isn’t. He’s just really hungry. But no follow up was heard this time.
Sena ordered more than Luhan. Cheese burger, French fries, Lychee Sprite Float, and an Apple Pie. While Luhan ordered a piece of Chicken and large drink. She’s being extraordinary right now.      
“I think your wife’s feeding something inside of her. She’s pregnant?” Luhan sighed mentally. Does every cash register have to be like this? He remembered what Sena surprisingly told him. He just walked away like he hasn’t heard anything. He glanced at his wristwatch; it’s still 9:20.
 
Sena fell asleep on the way; Luhan woke him up when they arrived at their destination.
“Why are we here?” They are at the entrance of the St. Anthony Hospital. She clung unto Luhan’s arm until they reach the room of Obgyn Doctor Kang Sheri as the plate at the door says. Sena wondered Luhan seem to be familiar with the location of the Obgyn. Does he always come around here? Oh—did he get other girls pregnant aside from her?
“Luhan dear, what brings you here? Oh, nice to meet you Mrs. Lu! I see you’re both here for pregnancy assistance, right? You wan’t to have little Lulu!” Luhan is digusted. He never imagined one day having a son.
“Come, let’s have a seat. So let me ask you, is there already an intimate contact between you two? Don’t be shy to answer! It’s just the three of us here.” The doctor showed a playful smile. That’s not supposed to be the question here. We’ve done it a lot. Sena answered back in her mind. Luhan nodded in response.
“So Mrs. Lu do you feel strange? Are you feeling weird? Anything unusual lately?” Sena was awestruck with the pregnancy stages poster. Sena, Am I the one having a check up here? Luhan growled mentally.
“She experiences feeling sick in the morning. Mood swings and her appetite has gone bigger and she missed her period a week ago.” Luhan answered glaring at the still awestrucked Sena.
“Aw that’s a bit enough already to confirm that she’s pregnant.”
“And she had two testers with positive result.” Sena was cut off in her amazement.
“Well then she really is!” The doctor stood up her chair and headed to the other side of the door behind the desk and gestured to them to follow.
“You lay down there.” Sena obediently followed instruction and sat on the inclined chair. There was something cold jelly applied on her belly.
“You’re right! There’s your little Lulu!” Sena and Luhan looked at the screen as seed like palpitate.
“It’s alive.” Luhan muttered unaudibly,
“Of course it’s alive!” Luhan thought it was weird but his hearbeat and the seed-like’s hearbeat is in synchronize.

 

Luhan gazed at the playing Joonhe. His time reminiscing of the synchronized heartbeat is over. Now that there's a threat that may stop that precious heartbeat. Luhan clenched his fist.           

No one can hurt my Sena and Joonhe.